• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

U.S. Open

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st hole yesterday was a perfect example of this.

Both guys over shot the green and essentially had the same shot to recover...Tiger has a better lie even. DJ makes it look fairly easy up and down for par...Tiger tries to putt it...fatted it and goes on to make triple.

The old Tiger flops that up there and does no worse than a 5. What I find humorous...the announcers are constantly talking about Tiger's past game...he's a different player now.

If there was ever a time that Tiger was demoralized by another player in his career ...it was Today and it was DJ.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut has moved to +7. +8 is still an hour or so away possibly.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut has moved to +7. +8 is still an hour or so away possibly.

My boy Rory just may have a shot at making the cut.

But to have any chance his caddy is going to have to slap him upside his head a remind him this is a US Open and not a round with his friends and a beer cooler.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably...Longer, straighter better.

Actually - after watching Tiger on many holes today - his driving was fine. His short game on many holes sucked. Chips well short, poor bunker play, bad putting, etc. Curtis Strange might have made a good pt on this one - perhaps Tiger is too focused on ball striking & just hasn't focused enough or put in the time for some other areas (Lord knows he should realize that his putting needs work). Weird that he focused enough to birdie the last two holes. His par on the last par 5 - after just missing the green - was just awful.

Oh well - doesn't matter - he is a non-factor in this one. Time to focus on the leaders & kudos to Johnson for playing excellent - hope it continues through the weekend.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy Rory just may have a shot of making the cut.

But to have any chance his caddy is going to have to slap him upside his head a remind him this is a US Open and not a round with his friends and a beer cooler.

Cut line is humming towards +8 now.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can they please throw out anybody that yells "Baba Booey".

I think I heard a guy meow yesterday.

I just scratch my head at this time to figure why people still do this crap. I could perhaps understand this years ago when it was new. Now it is tired & just plain stupid. I guess drunk idiots get a kick out of this type of thing.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just scratch my head at this time to figure why people still do this crap. I could perhaps understand this years ago when it was new. Now it is tired & just plain stupid. I guess drunk idiots get a kick out of this type of thing.

They won't stop it.

I have no doubt the networks and the tour feel it adds excitement to a tournament.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st hole yesterday was a perfect example of this.

Both guys over shot the green and essentially had the same shot to recover...Tiger has a better lie even. DJ makes it look fairly easy up and down for par...Tiger tries to putt it...fatted it and goes on to make triple.

The old Tiger flops that up there and does no worse than a 5. What I find humorous...the announcers are constantly talking about Tiger's past game...he's a different player now.

His short game hasn't been right for several years and that can't have anything to do with the physical issues he's had.
It's just average at best now, where it used to be the best or very close. He'll never win again unless he can get that straightened out.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His short game hasn't been right for several years and that can't have anything to do with the physical issues he's had.
It's just average at best now, where it used to be the best or very close. He'll never win again unless he can get that straightened out.

Agree. This was very noticeable today. There were several holes where Woods, Johnson & Thomas had very similar, very good drives. However - Johnson & Thomas played the rest of those holes better - especially w/ their short game & putting & Tiger faltered on several holes in that respect.

Just look at Johnson - he has improved dramatically w/ his short game & it has helped him become one of the toughest competitors out there & # 1 rated golfer in the world rt now. I hope that he wins this weekend.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. This was very noticeable today. There were several holes where Woods, Johnson & Thomas had very similar, very good drives. However - Johnson & Thomas played the rest of those holes better - especially w/ their short game & putting & Tiger faltered on several holes in that respect.

Just look at Johnson - he has improved dramatically w/ his short game & it has helped him become one of the toughest competitors out there & # 1 rated golfer in the world rt now. I hope that he wins this weekend.

Yes, he's really taken it to the next level the past couple of years and he's full of confidence after last week's win. I hope someone makes it interesting, though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually - after watching Tiger on many holes today - his driving was fine. His short game on many holes sucked. Chips well short, poor bunker play, bad putting, etc. Curtis Strange might have made a good pt on this one - perhaps Tiger is too focused on ball striking & just hasn't focused enough or put in the time for some other areas (Lord knows he should realize that his putting needs work). Weird that he focused enough to birdie the last two holes. His par on the last par 5 - after just missing the green - was just awful.

Oh well - doesn't matter - he is a non-factor in this one. Time to focus on the leaders & kudos to Johnson for playing excellent - hope it continues through the weekend.

Tiger made several bogeys (or worse) from the short stuff...the dbl on #1 wasn't as ugly as the triple on Thurs but sloppy play nonetheless...then right in front of the green on the par 5 in two and never threaten the hole on his 3rd walks off with a 5.

You're right short game (notably his play on #1) killed his chances to play the weekend, but they have sort of made this a second shot golf course by widening some of the FWs...several of this missed greens were from the short grass so he's got work to do all around.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't say never after seeing DL3 win after 50, but Tiger doesn't play many lessor profile tournaments where to 50 are not there in force, so I would lean in that direction too.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poulter and Rose both cut DJ's lead to 3 and with no wind at least 1 of them will probably get closer. Normally it would be a relief not to hear Joe Buck's voice, but it's been 10 minutes since they lost the sound. How long should it take to get that fixed.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poulter and Rose both cut DJ's lead to 3 and with no wind at least 1 of them will probably get closer. Normally it would be a relief not to hear Joe Buck's voice, but it's been 10 minutes since they lost the sound. How long should it take to get that fixed.

I have no doubt there will be a ratings spike for that 10 minutes.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What made it terrible?

You kinda said it yourself....

.the announcers are constantly talking about Tiger's past game...he's a different player now.

First round Fox were basically following only one group, and praised Tiger till the end...even though he finished 8 over.

The general commentary was amateurish., listening to Azinger or Faxon try to dumb it down to the common masses....althought they had to stop and repeat their babbles so in their minds....everyone understood....

....but....Tiger was solid! Except for holes 3,4, 6, 11, 14, 16, 17.......

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday reportedly was supposed to be the worst weather day...so far they seemed to be getting it right. Rory will have a calm course to make his comeback.
Ha ha! Anymore predictions?

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my prediction, and I usually get these wrong, but I'm seeing a DJ versus Justin Rose on the back nine on Sunday. I think those two have separated themselves a little bit from the rest of the top 10, as the best two golfers in the world......but then again Stenson is lurking...lol