• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

U.S. Open

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of this moment the cut would be +6 and anyone at +7 or worse would be going home for the weekend.

Tiger, Jordan Spieth, Rory, Phil, Adan Scott, Jason Day all look to be free to make other plans for Saturday and Sunday unless they start scoring.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of this moment the cut would be +6 and anyone at +7 or worse would be going home for the weekend.

Tiger, Jordan Spieth, Rory, Phil, Adan Scott, Jason Day all look to be free to make other plans for Saturday and Sunday unless they start scoring.

TW just made the turn and promptly doubled #1 (after a triple yesterday) and now +11...short week for him for sure.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. I hear ya.

There are several pro athletes that were a-holes to a lot of people and I was raised that you reap what you sew. Tiger may have been an a-hole to a lot of people, but we know he was an a-hole to his wife and imo his kids as well.

And yes...I think he'll pay for that the rest of his life. He's still a very rich man, but the thing he wanted most in this world (19) he's never going to get and there will always be a hole in his life because of it...nah...you don't have to ever like the guy, applaud for him, etc....despise, it's a bit strong for me, but I understand we're all wired differently.

I was a big MLB fan at one time in my life and I've got baseball friends that still hate Pete Rose...It was never hate for me...big time disappointment but I got over it...I'm not a big Rose fan, nor am I a big Tiger fan, but I've long let go my issues.
The only other athlete that I really cannot stand is Lebron James. He's all about Lebron James and has an excuse that does not involve his performance for every loss. Showing up after game 4 with the "cast" on his hand was just too much, but something I would expect from him.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can they please throw out anybody that yells "Baba Booey".

I think I heard a guy meow yesterday.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Johnson and Woods is astonishing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only other athlete that I really cannot stand is Lebron James. He's all about Lebron James and has an excuse that does not involve his performance for every loss. Showing up after game 4 with the "cast" on his hand was just too much, but something I would expect from him.

I'm not totally w/o that but I have zero issues with Lebron...actually a big fan of his game even though he'll never supplant MJ as GOAT imo.

I went to the PGA here practice round (David Toms lone major win) and had my nephew (10 y/o at the time) and we bought him a cap and several players were signing it.

We saw a group coming off a hole (Westwood, Cink and Scott Hoch)...we waited for them to leave the green and approached Cink...signs the cap, looks at the kid says a few words and gave it back to him...Westwood, same thing.

Hoch acts as if he was really in a hurry...grabs the cap, never looks at the kid, never stopped walking, signs it and flips the cap backwards on the ground. Keep in mind, this was a practice round so I'm like WTF I really disliked him from that day forward.

Now...I saw him again some time later, now on the SR tour. In a very similar situation and he was doing the same thing ...I came to realize it was nothing personal, that was just his way of signing autographs. I still think it's butch league still not someone I would want to have beer with, but not longer dislike him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Johnson and Woods is astonishing.

1st hole yesterday was a perfect example of this.

Both guys over shot the green and essentially had the same shot to recover...Tiger has a better lie even. DJ makes it look fairly easy up and down for par...Tiger tries to putt it...fatted it and goes on to make triple.

The old Tiger flops that up there and does no worse than a 5. What I find humorous...the announcers are constantly talking about Tiger's past game...he's a different player now.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cut line is still at +6. Should go to +7 any moment now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not totally w/o that but I have zero issues with Lebron...actually a big fan of his game even though he'll never supplant MJ as GOAT imo.

I went to the PGA here practice round (David Toms lone major win) and had my nephew (10 y/o at the time) and we bought him a cap and several players were signing it.

We saw a group coming off a hole (Westwood, Cink and Scott Hoch)...we waited for them to leave the green and approached Cink...signs the cap, looks at the kid says a few words and gave it back to him...Westwood, same thing.

Hoch acts as if he was really in a hurry...grabs the cap, never looks at the kid, never stopped walking, signs it and flips the cap backwards on the ground. Keep in mind, this was a practice round so I'm like WTF I really disliked him from that day forward.

Now...I saw him again some time later, now on the SR tour. In a very similar situation and he was doing the same thing ...I came to realize it was nothing personal, that was just his way of signing autographs. I still think it's butch league still not someone I would want to have beer with, but not longer dislike him.
Scott hoch at one time was voted as the most disliked player on tour by the other players so this does not surprise me. I still cannot help but feel bad for him about the 2-footer that cost him the Masters

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TW just made the turn and promptly doubled #1 (after a triple yesterday) and now +11...short week for him for sure.

He can go hang out on his yacht and watch the rest of the tournament on TV.

Bubba Watson and Phil tee off in an hour or so and they will have to shoot at least minus one to make the cut. Spieth will play in Phil's group and he'll need to go -2 to get in.

Given how the course kicked their butts yesterday, I give them a very slim chance to do that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st hole yesterday was a perfect example of this.

Both guys over shot the green and essentially had the same shot to recover...Tiger has a better lie even. DJ makes it look fairly easy up and down for par...Tiger tries to putt it...fatted it and goes on to make triple.

The old Tiger flops that up there and does no worse than a 5. What I find humorous...the announcers are constantly talking about Tiger's past game...he's a different player now.
Johnson just dropped a bomb on #7. This tournament is over.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wind has completely died off. Could be a big advantage for the afternoon guys today.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson just dropped a bomb on #7. This tournament is over.

I wouldn't go that far, but he is certainly dialed in right now. -4 after 2 days is not what the USGA had in mind when they set up the course. I'll bet they have already turned off the water pumps and Shinnecock will be playing about as soft as a parking lot tomorrow and Sunday :dhd:

crimsontater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
johnson usually has a brain dead shot at some point. if he can survive that, then he looks strong for the win.

gotta admit, i really like it when the course is kicking butt.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott hoch at one time was voted as the most disliked player on tour by the other players so this does not surprise me. I still cannot help but feel bad for him about the 2-footer that cost him the Masters

Trust me...I wanted yell 2 FEET so badly!!! when he tossed that ball cap like that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wind has completely died off. Could be a big advantage for the afternoon guys today.

Thursday reportedly was supposed to be the worst weather day...so far they seemed to be getting it right. Rory will have a calm course to make his comeback.