• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The creator of the first 3D-printed gun says he would regret it "immensely" if his blueprints were used to create a weapon involved in a mass shooting, but he maintains that the plans should be freely available.

Cody Wilson, the founder and director of Austin-based Defense Distributed, recently won a four-year battle against the U.S. State Department to make his blueprints available online. The self-described free speech fundamentalist is also the founder of a crowdfunding website that gives people who have been banned online for hate speech, like White Nationalist Richard Spencer, a platform.

Inspired by WikiLeaks, Wilson learned everything he could about guns, gun manufacturing and 3D printing and in 2013, he created "The Liberator" — the first 3D printed gun — and uploaded its blueprints online. Files for the Liberator gun were quickly downloaded more than 100,000 times.

The U.S. government ordered Wilson to remove the files, arguing that they violated the terms of the International Traffic in Arms Regulation, which controls what defence and military materials are exported.

Wilson and his legal team argued the First Amendment and Second Amendment — free speech and the right to bear arms — were violated. He won on the free speech claim.

"I was as shocked as anyone else," Wilson said, reflecting on his win. "At some point it seemed the government just walked away from their position, which is not to be expected after this many years in."

As of Aug. 1, his plans detailing how to make a 3D gun, as well as blueprints made by other people, will be again posted on his site.

In Canada, however, it is illegal to manufacture or possess a firearm without appropriate licences and applicable registrations, the RCMP previously told CBC News. In addition, a firearms business licence is needed to manufacture a gun.

Wilson said he considers it important for people to know how to make a gun or have access to such drawings.

'Blood on their hands': Critics decry U.S. decision to allow 3D-printed gun blueprints online | CBC Radio

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The attorney general of the United States :L

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The creator of the first 3D-printed gun says he would regret it "immensely" if his blueprints were used to create a weapon involved in a mass shooting, but he maintains that the plans should be freely available.

Cody Wilson, the founder and director of Austin-based Defense Distributed, recently won a four-year battle against the U.S. State Department to make his blueprints available online. The self-described free speech fundamentalist is also the founder of a crowdfunding website that gives people who have been banned online for hate speech, like White Nationalist Richard Spencer, a platform.

Inspired by WikiLeaks, Wilson learned everything he could about guns, gun manufacturing and 3D printing and in 2013, he created "The Liberator" — the first 3D printed gun — and uploaded its blueprints online. Files for the Liberator gun were quickly downloaded more than 100,000 times.

The U.S. government ordered Wilson to remove the files, arguing that they violated the terms of the International Traffic in Arms Regulation, which controls what defence and military materials are exported.

Wilson and his legal team argued the First Amendment and Second Amendment — free speech and the right to bear arms — were violated. He won on the free speech claim.

"I was as shocked as anyone else," Wilson said, reflecting on his win. "At some point it seemed the government just walked away from their position, which is not to be expected after this many years in."

As of Aug. 1, his plans detailing how to make a 3D gun, as well as blueprints made by other people, will be again posted on his site.

In Canada, however, it is illegal to manufacture or possess a firearm without appropriate licences and applicable registrations, the RCMP previously told CBC News. In addition, a firearms business licence is needed to manufacture a gun.

Wilson said he considers it important for people to know how to make a gun or have access to such drawings.

'Blood on their hands': Critics decry U.S. decision to allow 3D-printed gun blueprints online | CBC Radio

3D printed items are not typically detectable by metal detectors. Great.

What's the over/under on how long before one gets onto an airliner or into a prison? 6 months?

I hope this shit stain gets held liable for anyone killed by one.

Well, now we gotta build two walls. Is Mexico paying for both, or is Canada paying for one?

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm moving this post to another thread.

Hope you're all having a nice day. :yo:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has a chance to become one of those guy-in-front-of-me-in-a-tim-hortons-drive-through-paid-for-my-coffee deals lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At lunch I ran out to get a cup of coffee at the worlds emptiest coffee store. As I fixed my coffee up I struck up a conversation with the barista. She said she is a full time barista and brassy dame, and a part time investigator. She planned to be a police officer but had to leave the academy when the uncle that raised her went missing after a Neil Diamond concert.

She noticed my outfit and correctly surmised I was coming from fencing practice. I told her how I was an Olympic hopeful but a slow healing scrotal tear kept me out of action for the tryouts. We kind of laughed and said we should team up and solve crimes together.

A man at a nearby table lowered his newspaper and we could see he was Baltimore's chief of police!

"Its unorthodox" ,he said as he puffed on a large cheap cigar, "but what the hell?".

He deputized us on the spot and rented the office above the coffee shop for us. We work off the books and report directly to him. Not above the law, just a bit outside the law! First case just to test the waters - a mugging in Greektown.

"But what I really want to work on", she said, "is this." She slid a manila flder containing information about her uncle's disappearance. I grabbed the handle of my épée, nodded, and told her I was in.

"The Barista And The Fencer" coming to NBC fall 1984! En garde America!

*1984 person - "What the fuck is a barista?"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like a thousand cups of coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.