• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevor Lawrence, ninja QB

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't checked Trevor's situational stats, such as whether his TDs and yards happen in garbage time or are a little more legit but overall, he's better than the attention he's gotten so far as I can see:

3.202 pass yards, good for 9th overall
20 TDs, good for a tie for 10th overall
Only 6 INTs, good ratio
66.2% completion percentage, good for 12th overall

His line's pass blocking seems decent to average and I'd say the same for his WRs.

He's definitely not showing much interest at all in running with the ball which I think is a positive. At 4.7 ypc, he does seem to be picking his battles reasonably well.

The schedule...not the toughest I suppose but neither was Russell Wilson's. Plus they've beaten divisional favorites Baltimore and Tennessee in the past three weeks.

Maybe they don't make the playoffs but if they'll invest in some weapons via the draft/FA, I see good things in the future for Lawrence and the Jags.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda just shows just how bad Urban Meyer really was.

Not that many folks realize he has played at a fringe top 10 level this year despite being on a bad team.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that many folks realize he has played at a fringe top 10 level this year despite being on a bad team.
what!!! u dont like the jones boys

1671158831563.png

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched multiple 2022 Jaguars games and I didn't think Meyer was a problem for Lawrence. The 2022 offense catered for Lawrence's strengths and minimised his weaknesses. As a rookie he had mechanical issues that caused throwing inaccuracies, in addition to normal rookie issues. (He was a turnover waiting to happen on East-West receiver routes). I had him pegged as a bust in progress. I was impressed that he listened to what people said about his mechanics and that he worked hard to correct the issues during the offseason. It's very rare for QBs to willingly alter their mechanics. That type of person is a keeper. Still not a great team around him.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lucked out landing Doug.

Jags upsetting the Cowboys is on the table. Cowboys seem to be overlooking opponents looking ahead to the Eagles.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lucked out landing Doug.

Jags upsetting the Cowboys is on the table. Cowboys seem to be overlooking opponents looking ahead to the Eagles.

The Cowboys or Cowboy fans ? Who is overlooking ?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys or Cowboy fans ? Who is overlooking ?

Cowboys. Parsons talking about the Eagles on a podcast fawning over the Eagles coaching and entire complete team while also trying to take a subtle shot at the league MVP.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys. Parsons talking about the Eagles on a podcast fawning over the Eagles coaching and entire complete team while also trying to take a subtle shot at the league MVP.

I dont think he tried. If think he succeeded

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are simply several other young QBs playing better and/or in better situations. I think he'll be a star.. he just needs a bit more help around him. The notion that a great college QB joining a very bad NFL team is going to immediately set the world on fire is a ridiculously flawed expectation imo.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys. Parsons talking about the Eagles on a podcast fawning over the Eagles coaching and entire complete team while also trying to take a subtle shot at the league
Either way, y'all are taking an ass whipping next week in Big D

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, y'all are taking an ass whipping next week in Big D
The Eagles starters shouldn’t even get on the plane. This game should be treated like a Bye for the Eagles. The division is over.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are simply several other young QBs playing better and/or in better situations. I think he'll be a star.. he just needs a bit more help around him. The notion that a great college QB joining a very bad NFL team is going to immediately set the world on fire is a ridiculously flawed expectation imo.
Its honestly a bit hard to tell if the Jags are still a dumpster fire of an organization or not. Their drafting has been okay. Travis Etienne is averaging 5.0 yards a carry. Tyson Campbell has been good at CB. Andre Cisco has been good in the secondary. Too early to tell with Travon Walker but I think most teams would love to have a prospect like that.

They're getting Calvin Ridley next year. I think with what Lawrence is doing with Zay Jones, Evan Engram and Christian Kirk then you have to be thinking that Ridley could jump in and be a top WR.

If Trevor Lawrence is the next Andrew Luck or whatever then they're pretty set as long as Baalke doesnt screw it up

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its honestly a bit hard to tell if the Jags are still a dumpster fire of an organization or not. Their drafting has been okay. Travis Etienne is averaging 5.0 yards a carry. Tyson Campbell has been good at CB. Andre Cisco has been good in the secondary. Too early to tell with Travon Walker but I think most teams would love to have a prospect like that.

They're getting Calvin Ridley next year. I think with what Lawrence is doing with Zay Jones, Evan Engram and Christian Kirk then you have to be thinking that Ridley could jump in and be a top WR.

If Trevor Lawrence is the next Andrew Luck or whatever then they're pretty set as long as Baalke doesnt screw it up

I find it hard to believe that he will ever come back to the level he played at early in his career. He will always be a guy like Josh Gordan that everyone hopes to return to his early career form that always ends up disappointing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that he will ever come back to the level he played at early in his career. He will always be a guy like Josh Gordan that everyone hopes to return to his early career form that always ends up disappointing.
They are fairly different WRs. I would imagine Ridley's style would age better than Gordon's style. Ridley in general I would say was more consistent than Gordon pre-absence.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't checked Trevor's situational stats, such as whether his TDs and yards happen in garbage time or are a little more legit but overall, he's better than the attention he's gotten so far as I can see:

3.202 pass yards, good for 9th overall
20 TDs, good for a tie for 10th overall
Only 6 INTs, good ratio
66.2% completion percentage, good for 12th overall

His line's pass blocking seems decent to average and I'd say the same for his WRs.

He's definitely not showing much interest at all in running with the ball which I think is a positive. At 4.7 ypc, he does seem to be picking his battles reasonably well.

The schedule...not the toughest I suppose but neither was Russell Wilson's. Plus they've beaten divisional favorites Baltimore and Tennessee in the past three weeks.

Maybe they don't make the playoffs but if they'll invest in some weapons via the draft/FA, I see good things in the future for Lawrence and the Jags.
Doug Pederson is a QB coaching God

The Jags have a lot of work to do to build the franchise, but they have the right Coach and QB. That's a good start.