• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you are getting your info from but day 2 practice got moved back and won't start till 11:30 mountain time. Right now it is only 10 a.m. in Denver so practice doesn't start for another hour and a half.
I saw it on bleacher report. It said Day 2 bethea picks Manning. They have a video of it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it on bleacher report. It said Day 2 bethea picks Manning. They have a video of it.

Hmmm well somebody screwed up because some of the players have just started coming out on the field. A few of the guys I follow have said they are on their way right now to practice today to watch. So again not sure where they got that info because it all got pushed back for some reason about an hour today.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm well somebody screwed up because some of the players have just started coming out on the field. A few of the guys I follow have said they are on their way right now to practice today to watch. So again not sure where they got that info because it all got pushed back for some reason about an hour today.

That must be from yesterday's practice

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I agree if we go into full rebuild mode. I just don't think we are there yet. I think we can still compete and shock some people. Eli and Lynch starting now.

I dont think we should blow everything up and while this team could up being decent, we arent competing for a title. with all the roster turnover this year, I just dont see the point of bringing in an over the hill vet.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah I agree if we go into full rebuild mode. I just don't think we are there yet. I think we can still compete and shock some people. Eli and Lynch starting now.

We are there. Can we still compete? Sure. But let's try to compete with the young guys. What is there to lose? We are long shots for the playoffs this year, much less the SB. Lance freakin' Briggs certainly isn't going to change that. Why not see what our young guys can do and get them some seasoning? It worked out pretty well with Lynch last year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the guy made a mistake and was talking about yesterday's pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are there. Can we still compete? Sure. But let's try to compete with the young guys. What is there to lose? We are long shots for the playoffs this year, much less the SB. Lance freakin' Briggs certainly isn't going to change that. Why not see what our young guys can do and get them some seasoning? It worked out pretty well with Lynch last year.
We still need depth. No matter what they will pick up someone so why not a vet. Again it will be on a 1 year deal. We cut brooks we will have 20 mill in cap this year. We are at close to 14 right now. Brooks makes 7 mill. U have to figure he got paid on some of that money.

Im ok with youth but you still need to fill a team. I don't want to add practice squad players to the active roster. I rather sign some Vets to help the young guys out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind we would not get salary cap savings of $7 million. Cutting Brooks now would result in cap hits this year and next year.

Releasing Brooks means keeping Lemonier and one rookie behind him. I would rather just stick with that route than signing a 35 year old linebacker

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We still need depth. No matter what they will pick up someone so why not a vet. Again it will be on a 1 year deal. We cut brooks we will have 20 mill in cap this year. We are at close to 14 right now. Brooks makes 7 mill. U have to figure he got paid on some of that money.

Im ok with youth but you still need to fill a team. I don't want to add practice squad players to the active roster. I rather sign some Vets to help the young guys out.

Briggs would be near the bottom of my list. Again, he's an ILB in our scheme, not an OLB. He's not going to bring anything in terms of pass rush. Briggs is a marginal player at this point. He may bring more consistency than a young player, but I'd just as soon see what a young player can do. Wait to see what shakes loose on Tuesday and see if there's a decent, young OLB prospect. Or, as said, just go with Rush. He's looked alright so far.

I also think it's far from a sure bet that Brooks is gone. Odds are he pleads this down to something pretty minor. Best case he draws it out, plays the season, and then does so.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Keep in mind we would not get salary cap savings of $7 million. Cutting Brooks now would result in cap hits this year and next year.

Releasing Brooks means keeping Lemonier and one rookie behind him. I would rather just stick with that route than signing a 35 year old linebacker

Yeah, he'd have something like $2.4 million in dead money this year, so we'd save $4.5 million, but we'd carry more than $3 million of dead money into 2016.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries today: Brock pulled leg muscle, Moody tweaked his knee. Nothing major.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndrew White was singled out today as the star of practice. It has been pretty quiet so far. Not alot said.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndrew White was singled out today as the star of practice. It has been pretty quiet so far. Not alot said.
Kap and white had a 50 yard TD. yeah not much to report about today. Hunter and Bush might see playing time on sat. Im very interested to see Bush in this offense.

a lot of people are bashing the 49ers and think we will suck but i think we might shock some people.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Surprise? Sure. Shock? Losing A. Davis, Aldon, and (possibly) Brooks might prove too much for that. I can't see us legitimately challenging the Hawks this year, unless things go wrong for them and right for us.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap and white had a 50 yard TD. yeah not much to report about today. Hunter and Bush might see playing time on sat. Im very interested to see Bush in this offense.

a lot of people are bashing the 49ers and think we will suck but i think we might shock some people.

Anything is possible if things go right. Some big hurdles to overcome and alot of changes. I still feel the defense can be pretty good. My biggest concern right now is the right side of the oline.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise? Sure. Shock? Losing A. Davis, Aldon, and (possibly) Brooks might prove too much for that. I can't see us legitimately challenging the Hawks this year, unless things go wrong for them and right for us.

I don't think many people are expecting that. I think winning 6 games would shock some people

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think any legitimate NFL fan should be surprised by any NFL team winning 6 games, at least in the sense that someone thinks they couldn't get to that. It's a fickle league.