• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp nics, bumps, bruises, ouchies, and injuries.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After ONE day of camp we have already gotten a few injuries. While NOBODY wants to see anyone get injured or miss practice time. I do think that some fans take reports of injury a little too serious. (*said the guy writing a post on injures) I Just wanted a spot to track injuries and see where the player ends up once the season starts. After last years Kevin White injury I would like to track key players as they go through the injury process.
Special NOTE: THESE Chicago Bears will NOT share nearly any information on injuries. I will be getting most of my info on what's reported/speculated by the media. The new PR system in place at Bears TC is odd... as a fan I can film practice on my phone and tweet out/report anything I want... as a professional reporters those guys can't even say who is working with the starters. And we all know that Foxy will not give details on injuries or the severity of them. So I'll do my best to sift through the known and the speculated.

7/28 Day 1: Kyle Long- Left Calf... did not finish practice and was spotted with a walking boot at lunch. Report: Kyle was in a 11 on 11 drill later in practice when he was pulling or running down field and STOP suddenly- went down, got back up, limped badly, went down again. Came off the field. Trainers worked on left calf. Kyle slammed helmet on ground. Initially believed to be a pulled muscle, but may be a sprain? One to watch.
Leonard Floyd: After stretches Floyd was pulled from practice by trainers- Illness. Floyd spoke with fans and reporters after saying that he had been sick the past few days and it shouldn't be a problem- expected to practice Friday.
Kari Lee- Shoulder Sprain.

PUP: Parnell McPhee- Knee, Marquess Wilson- Foot, Amini Silatolu

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read about Long yesterday. Definitely concerning. Any time a passionate player shows that type of frustration, it's worrisome.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7/30 Day 3: Kyle Long's strained calf isn't to be believed to be serious and he should return to practice next week. He was without the walking boot. Kyle missed some time early in camp last year or the year before as well...and everything was fine. I'll worry when he misses games. Ted Larson is playing RG for now.
Floyd Update: Did not practice on Day Two. Day 3 was limited. He'll be fine.

LB Nick Kwiatkoski injured his hamstring- no more info available.

Rookies showing up: Daniel Braverman & Jonathan Bullard are making people notice in 3 days- DB is said to be quick and catches everything and Bullard had a sack today.
(*personal note: I scored 2 goals and had one assist in my summer league hockey game last week- you should be impressed- play for the "Cup" *we get a t-shirt! If we win on Tuesday!)

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest:
Day 4: Eddie Royal leaves practice early on cart. TE Zach Miller did not practice, Eddie Goldman and Rookie Whitehair get into a scrap- Goldman leaves practice early thought to be heat related.
Day 5: Kyle Fuller limited w/Ankle and OLB Leonard Floyd limited with Shoulder.
Jay Cutler is interception free and is impressing on the field... Long TD's to White and Jeffery.

With 35+ days until first game... some of these injuries are not that big of a deal- as long as they return fully healthy and with enough time to gel. Doubt we will see some key guys play much in preseason.

(*9 goals and 7 assists in 7 summer league hockey games...I'm a beast!- need to move up divisions next year! lol)

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Ben Braunecker- Ankle was seen wearing a boot.
OLB Roy Robertson-Harris- heat related- has not returned.

Update: Both Eddie Royal and Zach Miller are missing practice due to concussion like symptoms. Will be placed in the NFL's Concussion protocol.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it another week, we won't have a TE left healthy on the team. Yikes.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JoeyTourettes
Wish I would have checked the board before today.
I was at camp today too.
The Bears extended an invitation to me to stand with the media on the sideline.
I had a great time today.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Kyle Long & Leonard Floyd returned to practice today!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rut Roh... Alshon Jeffery did not finish practice called "muscle tissue issue" and Danny Trevathan walked off field gingerly late in practice.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Averagejoe this is awesome, sounds like you had an amazing time! Thanks for the share.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevathan is back at practice. Whew. Alshon is not...boo. Royal & Miller are still out with concussion symptoms. Bears sign a FB Darrel Young. OL Amini Silatolu has passed his physical.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS ONE is bad... Hroniss Grasu leaves practice on a cart with knee injury that John Fox said, "looked fairly serious"
even though we still have almost 4 weeks until the start of the regular season, I need to see some of these guys practicing as a whole team. If we get another FA Center signed in the next few days we will know that it is a more serious injury. This Sucks.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hroniss Grasu... TORN ACL- OUT... Ted Larsen is expected to start at Center.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hroniss Grasu... TORN ACL- OUT... Ted Larsen is expected to start at Center.

I was actually looking forward to see if he'd progress in his second year.

He seemed small and underwhelming last year. Too bad.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was bad when I read it was a "non-contact" injury.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-contact injury... That is not good. Hopefully he I'll come back stronger.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He added weight to his base like the team wanted him to, got over 300 pounds and this happens.

They brought in way too much competition for that job this off season to think he was going to be the starter, but long term I guess we see how quickly they move Whitehair into the middle. I am sure he will get some reps while they sign another center for Hoyer to play with this off season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He added weight to his base like the team wanted him to, got over 300 pounds and this happens.

They brought in way too much competition for that job this off season to think he was going to be the starter, but long term I guess we see how quickly they move Whitehair into the middle. I am sure he will get some reps while they sign another center for Hoyer to play with this off season.

I don't think Whitehair will move to center. I think he will be our LG and Larsen will be our Center.

I see it like this....Leno, Whitehair, Larsen, Long, Massie.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest:
Day 4: Eddie Royal leaves practice early on cart. TE Zach Miller did not practice, Eddie Goldman and Rookie Whitehair get into a scrap- Goldman leaves practice early thought to be heat related.
Day 5: Kyle Fuller limited w/Ankle and OLB Leonard Floyd limited with Shoulder.
Jay Cutler is interception free and is impressing on the field... Long TD's to White and Jeffery.

With 35+ days until first game... some of these injuries are not that big of a deal- as long as they return fully healthy and with enough time to gel. Doubt we will see some key guys play much in preseason.

(*9 goals and 7 assists in 7 summer league hockey games...I'm a beast!- need to move up divisions next year! lol)

But has he thrown the ball yet............:dhd: