• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading DOWN

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse will get outplayed in camp, if we dont cut him its a huge mistake

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be shocked if he is out played in camp. One thing i have seen ever since he has been a Seahawk is he balls out in practice. It took over half the season last year before Lockett took his starting spot away. Guy balls out in Practice, just didn't show up at all last season in games.

Now after saying that. I want to see more of Richardson and Lockett and less Kearse. I hope Lawler and Darboh ball out and push for Playing time also.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if Kearse is in danger of getting cut this season, could happen, but think the Seahawks will hope he rebounds this year, rather then eat his contract. Sounds like most of us are ready to see one ( or more) of the more dynamic WRs
Like Lockett or Richardson. I won't mind seeing more of McEvoy also, he seemed to do well the few chances he got.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't mind seeing more of McEvoy also, he seemed to do well the few chances he got.

Agreed, He also makes a good case for a Receiving TE and a emergency QB. On a team that loves having players that can play many roles he fits right in, in my eyes at least.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if he is out played in camp. One thing i have seen ever since he has been a Seahawk is he balls out in practice. It took over half the season last year before Lockett took his starting spot away. Guy balls out in Practice, just didn't show up at all last season in games.

Now after saying that. I want to see more of Richardson and Lockett and less Kearse. I hope Lawler and Darboh ball out and push for Playing time also.

I seriously doubt he runs faster and catches better in practice. Dude is slow, drops too many balls, never should have been extended. If there is any player i want gone its him.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if a lot of these opinions of Kearse are behind the whole him being from UW rose colored classes type of deal. He has made a few clutch and I mean clutch catches, but the whole being slow and not getting any kind of separation and dropping WAY to many catchable balls outweighs a lot of that. Resigning him was a waste of money.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So your advice is to cut him in camp and eat a huge cap hit next year?

Unfortunately between the injury concerns at the position and his contract structure we appear stuck with him for 1 more season.

Hopefully there is a way around it cap-wise that I am not aware of or he rebounds and has a better year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but all that does is defer it and add next year's remaining bonus charge onto the cap hit in 2018. It would not be a smart move and not the type of move the Seahawks management is prone to do. We don't sacrifice the future for a small reward today like the Redskins or other teams tend to do.
Right, cutting him as a post-1 June move pushes $1.8M to next year. Tracking that. It frequently happens though. Not sure it's going to happen to Kearse, but it wouldn't be the biggest camp shocker ever. If we cut him after this season, we still get that $1.8M cap hit in 2018 because that's what left on his signing bonus proration.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt he runs faster and catches better in practice. Dude is slow, drops too many balls, never should have been extended. If there is any player i want gone its him.

And thats is where you are wrong. Kearse is great at making Sherman his bitch in practices. No he does not run faster but tends to catch everything and makes some ridiculously crazy catches. We have seen him do it every now and again in games ( none last year really ).

Am i defending Kearse? Nah i want him gone but i am not ignorant and can see why he has stuck sround as long as he has. Go spend more time watching practices and it will leave you saying " why can't he be like that in games "

You know who else was a BEAST in practices but rarely showed up like that in games? Lockette. He would look like this massive over powering stud in practices but you wouldn't see it in games :( now he is out of football because of a freak accident.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh. AGAIN, prior to last year he was among the best WR's in the NFL in catch %.

You don't get to make up your own reality.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats is where you are wrong. Kearse is great at making Sherman his bitch in practices. No he does not run faster but tends to catch everything and makes some ridiculously crazy catches. We have seen him do it every now and again in games ( none last year really ).

Am i defending Kearse? Nah i want him gone but i am not ignorant and can see why he has stuck sround as long as he has. Go spend more time watching practices and it will leave you saying " why can't he be like that in games "

You know who else was a BEAST in practices but rarely showed up like that in games? Lockette. He would look like this massive over powering stud in practices but you wouldn't see it in games :( now he is out of football because of a freak accident.

And again, prior to last year he DID do freaky shit at big moments in actual games.

But we have short memories as fans.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch % is an incredibly weak stat that tells you almost nothing. Last year 3 viking wrs were top 8 in catch % for wrs. Doesnt make them good wrs

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch % is an incredibly weak stat that tells you almost nothing. Last year 3 viking wrs were top 8 in catch % for wrs. Doesnt make them good wrs

Oh ffs. You SPECIFICALLY pointed at drops as a criticism. Therefore I replied with his catch %.

Take a deep breath, try to sublimate your feelings for 10 seconds, and use some logic.

Even if he HADN'T sucked at catching last season, he'd still be in line to be cut after this year, because of his contract. I've said that before repeatedly.

Again though, you don't get to make up your own reality. He hasn't been a guy who dropped a lot of balls before last year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ffs. You SPECIFICALLY pointed at drops as a criticism. Therefore I replied with his catch %.

Take a deep breath, try to sublimate your feelings for 10 seconds, and use some logic.

Even if he HADN'T sucked at catching last season, he'd still be in line to be cut after this year, because of his contract. I've said that before repeatedly.

Again though, you don't get to make up your own reality. He hasn't been a guy who dropped a lot of balls before last year.

Geez don't get your defense of Kearse, mind you I don't think he's getting cut. He's got his starting spot basically because he's the only WR that can run block and if your planning on running, you want your best run blockers out there. He's never been a good receiver in the sense of getting open or being electric after the catch. The WRs behind him are much better at that and frankly might be time to fore go the advantage of a run blocker for a WR that can draw extra attention from the defense as a receiver. Guess we'll see how it works out soon enough.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez don't get your defense of Kearse, mind you I don't think he's getting cut. He's got his starting spot basically because he's the only WR that can run block and if your planning on running, you want your best run blockers out there. He's never been a good receiver in the sense of getting open or being electric after the catch. The WRs behind him are much better at that and frankly might be time to fore go the advantage of a run blocker for a WR that can draw extra attention from the defense as a receiver. Guess we'll see how it works out soon enough.

Darboh has the strength and size to be a good blocking WR. Lets hope he really shows something this preseason and is a good Run blocker, not to much info on that part of his game. I am really excited to see these young guys at wide out this year. As far as Kearse goes yeah it's going to take one of the younger guys to really put on a show in preseason before he loses his job. I think like you do that the smart money would be he makes the team this year i just hope that doesn't mean someone like Richardson is lost next year because of it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darboh has the strength and size to be a good blocking WR. Lets hope he really shows something this preseason and is a good Run blocker, not to much info on that part of his game. I am really excited to see these young guys at wide out this year. As far as Kearse goes yeah it's going to take one of the younger guys to really put on a show in preseason before he loses his job. I think like you do that the smart money would be he makes the team this year i just hope that doesn't mean someone like Richardson is lost next year because of it.
Well I hope Richardson isn't lost because of it. Don't think that's going to happen........unless he gets injured again, then all bets are off.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've got no problem with any player being replaced, what I don't get is the gilding the lily that goes on with tearing down guys by fans. Kearse was popular with the coaches and with Wilson for a reason. He had a CRAPPY year last year. I won't argue that he didn't.

What pisses me off is when people like Snuggles have to retroactively try to change the history to make him the second coming of Koren Robinson.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no problem with any player being replaced, what I don't get is the gilding the lily that goes on with tearing down guys by fans. Kearse was popular with the coaches and with Wilson for a reason. He had a CRAPPY year last year. I won't argue that he didn't.

What pisses me off is when people like Snuggles have to retroactively try to change the history to make him the second coming of Koren Robinson.
IDK if it pisses you off so much as you just like rebutting his argument.:dhd:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is the entire team had major injuries and a down year and still made it to the second round. Now healthy, let these guys battle in camp before we start chopping them off the team.