• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading DOWN

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throwing darts in other words, i totally agree with this. This is what bugs me so much about the draft the Hawks had.

Heh. So they don't have ANY plan, they just 'throw darts.' ie: a million monkey typing.

We've gotta' ship these two outta' town pronto. Maybe Mike Shanahan is available.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we got 2 qbs in ufa
Anyone even slightly surprised they didn't pick up a QB given the issues with our current backup? Seems like they are tipping their hat that Boykin isn't going anywhere with whatever legal troubles he may be in.

We signed 2 in UDFA:

Skyler Howard of West Virginia
Tyrone Swoops of Texas

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone even slightly surprised they didn't pick up a QB given the issues with our current backup? Seems like they are tipping their hat that Boykin isn't going anywhere with whatever legal troubles he may be in.
It was a poor draft for QB talent. You dont reach given those circumstances. Thats why the Bears look like morons getting fleeced like that. They should of just sat at 3, go defense, and wait till 2018 which is going to be the motherlode for QBs.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson needs to stay healthy, I'm frankly done with Kearse. He had 20+ more targets last year and hauled in 8 less receptions from 2015, he either had a nagging injury or heavily regressed after teams started getting some actual footage to break him down... was a ZERO threat for the red zone and matched up poorly against any decent corner. I think he's toast after this year as his cap his will be frankly too much (~$7M) for what he offers. Kasen Williams hasn't shown anything so you can't lump that name or McEvoy on there. IMO they drafted a Kearse replacement.
Well, it doesn't matter if you're done with Kearse. It's about whether the coaches want him on the team, and up to this point it seems they do. Richardson is a lock to make the team. McEvoy is an incumbent; the burden of proof will be on someone else for his roster spot, but sure...he could get beat out. Kasen Williams will need to earn it more because he was mostly a PS guy. Like I said, could be some opportunity at the bottom of the depth chart there, but we aren't overhauling the WR position this year.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted some bigger names for sure...but I see this draft as a get back to "Smash mouth ..F*** you football. Could be wrong but for the most part we got some girth through out. A bit like SEC football...FAST and STRONG!..Really wanted that LB from Alabama the the 49's got :mad2::mad2::mad2:

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesn't matter if you're done with Kearse. It's about whether the coaches want him on the team, and up to this point it seems they do.

Baldwin
Lockett

Richardson
Kearse
McEvoy

OK, this is well below League Average on Depth.

I love Baldwin and Lockett, but after that.........not so much.

IF, we cannot UPGRADE from #3 Kearse/Richardson/McEvoy, then THAT truly is a Problem.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it doesn't matter if you're done with Kearse. It's about whether the coaches want him on the team, and up to this point it seems they do. Richardson is a lock to make the team. McEvoy is an incumbent; the burden of proof will be on someone else for his roster spot, but sure...he could get beat out. Kasen Williams will need to earn it more because he was mostly a PS guy. Like I said, could be some opportunity at the bottom of the depth chart there, but we aren't overhauling the WR position this year.

Oh it definitely does. I eat dinner with Pete at least once every 4-5 months and he values my opinion. Why the F do you think we brought back Michael? Although that fucker hurt my credibility with the USC Hawk, I still think it was the right move at the time.

Now fuck off, JMR.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. So they don't have ANY plan, they just 'throw darts.' ie: a million monkey typing.

We've gotta' ship these two outta' town pronto. Maybe Mike Shanahan is available.
Yeah, some of these critics are lost in the sauce. "They didn't do what I wanted, so it sucked!" Idiotic.

Anyway, casting a wide net certainly catches more fish. Hence the trade down approach of winning teams like Seattle and NE. Hit rate on 1st rounders is pretty much 50/50 historically. The top teams in the league are littered with mid and late round players.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it definitely does. I eat dinner with Pete at least once every 4-5 months and he values my opinion. Why the F do you think we brought back Michael? Although that fucker hurt my credibility with the USC Hawk, I still think it was the right move at the time.

Now fuck off, JMR.
Oh I'm so sorry, sir. Didn't realize you were such a billy badass.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm so sorry, sir. Didn't realize you were such a billy badass.

Apology accepted. Don't let it happen again JMR...

Beatdown.gif

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team like the Jets does another James Carpenter, and offers up a huge contract for Britt, then there's a pretty good chance he's gone.

--

Also, let me back track a bit on some comments about us taking guys rounds 2-3 who have parts of their games that are weak.

Isn't that what ALL guys drafted in those rounds are? If they didn't have areas of weakness, they'd be first rounders.
If Britt merely improves over last year, it is my opinion he will command and get roughly $8-$9M per year on a long term contract.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it felt like they passed on talent, traded for more picks in hopes that throwing as much shit at the wall as possible would lead to a few sticks.
Of course they passed on talent, only to select players they felt were just as talented and for killer picks back. that is a good thing, not a bad thing.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they passed on talent, only to select players they felt were just as talented and for killer picks back. that is a good thing, not a bad thing.
Yeah, no kidding. There were 253 players selected by the 32 teams. An avg of 8 per team, so yeah everyone "passed on talent." I'm not even sure why someone would even make that a gripe. If we hadn't traded down and just kept our 7 picks, we would have passed on even more talent than we did with 11. That math thing is a bugger for some folks I guess.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a poor draft for QB talent. You dont reach given those circumstances. Thats why the Bears look like morons getting fleeced like that. They should of just sat at 3, go defense, and wait till 2018 which is going to be the motherlode for QBs.
Wasn't talking about one of our high/mid round choices. Even a 6th or 7th just to have a body in case things go south with Boykins legal issues.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the post draft presser right now (replay), JS says the Mike Tyson guy projects as an outside press CB and that he fits the description of everything they've looked for in a corner since they got here.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screamin'...

is there another meaning of 'throwing darts,' I'm not aware of?

and a b.s. emoji.

Sleep is going to elude me tonight!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when someone is losing they go to extremes as their last stand "lets ship these two out of town" is a perfect example lol.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an example of how fucking awesome P + J's scouting department is. Every single year we have a couple of guys who come in as rookie FA's, who make the team. Like clockwork. So after going 7 rounds deep and 'reaching' for guys (throwing darts!), we somehow manage to ALSO throw darts at guys not deemed good enough even to get drafted, and hit on them regularly.

Now is part of that due to philosophy, and FA rooks knowing that they'll get a fair shake with SEA? Of course, but they still manage to find these guys year in and year out.

And STILL get routinely laughed at in the media, and on football/Seahawks boards.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when someone is losing they go to extremes as their last stand "lets ship these two out of town" is a perfect example lol.

last stand? Heh. Someone has a overactive sense of their own majesty. :)

That my good buddy was hyperbole. It's a literary device.

wikipedia said:
Hyperbole, derived from a Greek word meaning “over-casting” is a figure of speech, which involves an exaggeration of ideas for the sake of emphasis. It is a device that we employ in our day-to-day speech. ... Therefore, a hyperbole is an unreal exaggeration to emphasize the real situation.

So, no I was not ACTUALLY saying that you OR I thought we should ship P + J out of town.

Just using the ol' device above to offer up some commentary on your though process on the braintrust of the Seahawks.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even sure why someone would even make that a gripe.

You're surprised? That came from the guy who gripes with almost every post....