• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading DOWN

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like us to grab, OLB, Devonte Fields as a project but he would be a good ST'er, which is an are we stunk at last season...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to homer on this but what are your thoughts on taking a flyer on WR, Gabe Marks in the 7th?
Let's see....Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, Kearse, McEvoy, Kasen Williams, and the Mich WR from yesterday....looks fairly packed but you never know what happens at the bottom of the depth chart.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see....Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, Kearse, McEvoy, Kasen Williams, and the Mich WR from yesterday....looks fairly packed but you never know what happens at the bottom of the depth chart.

Richardson needs to stay healthy, I'm frankly done with Kearse. He had 20+ more targets last year and hauled in 8 less receptions from 2015, he either had a nagging injury or heavily regressed after teams started getting some actual footage to break him down... was a ZERO threat for the red zone and matched up poorly against any decent corner. I think he's toast after this year as his cap his will be frankly too much (~$7M) for what he offers. Kasen Williams hasn't shown anything so you can't lump that name or McEvoy on there. IMO they drafted a Kearse replacement.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe cutting Kearse cost us as much or more than keeping him this year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson needs to stay healthy, I'm frankly done with Kearse. He had 20+ more targets last year and hauled in 8 less receptions from 2015, he either had a nagging injury or heavily regressed after teams started getting some actual footage to break him down... was a ZERO threat for the red zone and matched up poorly against any decent corner. I think he's toast after this year as his cap his will be frankly too much (~$7M) for what he offers. Kasen Williams hasn't shown anything so you can't lump that name or McEvoy on there. IMO they drafted a Kearse replacement.

I"ve never been crazy about Kearse, I know he's made some solid catches in big moments, BUT MAN he's pooched some easy ones in big moments also ... VS the Patriots when we were up 10 he could a iced that game late and he dropped one right in his bread basket, it was a huge momentum moment... Also vs the Pack in the NFC titled game he had passes intercepted that he was pooching up in the air that should a been caught... He's never been consistent, he'll make some spectacular grabs and then drop easy ones...

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"ve never been crazy about Kearse, I know he's made some solid catches in big moments, BUT MAN he's pooched some easy ones in big moments also ... VS the Patriots when we were up 10 he could a iced that game late and he dropped one right in his bread basket, it was a huge momentum moment... Also vs the Pack in the NFC titled game he had passes intercepted that he was pooching up in the air that should a been caught... He's never been consistent, he'll make some spectacular grabs and then drop easy ones...

Kearse is not a number two WR, not a good compliment to Baldwin

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see Kearse getting cut even though the Hawks would have to take on a lot of dead money. Absolute garbage doesn't even begin to describe his performance this previous year, hence why he lost his starting job. Not only was he not getting separation, but he had a lot of drops and was honestly not even worth being on the field at times. As a fellow UW alumni, I really want Kearse to do well and I'm rooting for him, but I do believe there is an argument to be made that he was one of the worst #2 WRs in the NFC last year. He has had issues with inconsistency before, so there's a strong chance he irons it out, but his performance last year left a lot to be desired.

Amara Darboh I believe is a guy the Seahawks believe could eventually take over at #2. He's not spectacular, but Darboh does everything well. Well developed route tree, solid hands, great body control and a good blocker. I believe Darboh projects as a guy who could have a very solid career as an X receiver.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tedric seems like a depth pick to me. Hill needs to be very situational given his pass coverage skills are terrible.. I think Pete is hoping he can work with him on that because Hill's run coverage and hitting is top notch, must like Kam.

Tedric is a much more viable option for immediate plug/play based on Thomas' recovery. He's not nearly as athletic as Thomas so the range is not going to be anything like Thomas, but his instincts are on par with Thomas. Granted Seattle will have to play Kam back a bit more, but still.

We also got McDougald from Tampa super cheap, who can fill in for anyone. Seems to me Seattle is really considering letting Kam walk next year, which is no surprise... and stocking up some depth if Thomas is not 100% ready to go.

Not sure about them letting Kam walk... Who knows... But the 2 safeties we've drafted are definitely putting us in position for that and/or if Thomas doesn't recover and play like the All Pro he is... Plus his talk of retirement could possibly happen w/in the next year or two...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK that the Seahawks want to let good players walk, but think they are being proactive in providing some insurance in case players market value prices them out of reach. Chancellor and Britt are in their final year of their contracts, thus the Seahawks drafting insurance just in case. Course they don't want to put that out there and upset said players, thus you hear them talk about how versatile Pocic is and how he can help at multiple positions, got to say they are pretty convincing at spinning it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team like the Jets does another James Carpenter, and offers up a huge contract for Britt, then there's a pretty good chance he's gone.

--

Also, let me back track a bit on some comments about us taking guys rounds 2-3 who have parts of their games that are weak.

Isn't that what ALL guys drafted in those rounds are? If they didn't have areas of weakness, they'd be first rounders.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought for sure the Hawks would pick DT Qualls when he was still sitting there with their 6th round pick but instead got a Olineman that MIGHT make the PS. Qualls was rated as a 3rd or 4th round pick. So the Hawks are going for projects over talent?

I think in the 6th and 7th you go for BPA.

The Seahawks had a haul on Day 2, selecting defensive lineman Malik McDowell, center Ethan Pocic, cornerback Shaquill Griffin, safety Delano Hill, defensive tackle Nazair Jones, and wide receiver Amara Darboh. A few of these guys were projected to go on Day 3 and may be reaches.

some of us know this :L

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch :L
they Have the Hawks ranked AHEAD of the Bears as far as losers go.

Losers
Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks grabbed Malik McDowell early in the second round, and while he’s talented, his technique needs work. Seattle selected LSU center Ethan Pocic with the 58th overall pick. Seattle needs offensive line help, and it’s limited in terms of the talent available in this draft. But Pocic doesn’t use leverage well and has some functional strength issues that will make his transition to the NFL more challenging.

In the third round, the Seahawks took cornerback Shaquill Griffin with the 90th overall pick. Seattle surely likes Griffin’s aggression in coverage, but he’s slow, and he’ll struggle to maintain coverage on NFL receivers.

With the 95th pick, which the Seahawks got from the Falcons in a Day 1 trade, they selected safety Delano Hill. Hill isn’t terribly athletic and he lacks functional change of direction skills that will challenge him in coverage. Hill was projected to be a fifth- or sixth-round selection, so he was a stretch for Seattle here.

Defensive tackle Nazair Jones was Seattle’s next pick at No. 102, and he’s got an interesting history. A rare disease, complex regional pain syndrome, caused him to drop a ton of weight and almost forced him out of football in high school. He bounced back, remarkably, but he has below-average instincts, and was projected as a fourth- or fifth-rounder.

The Seahawks at least finished strong with pick No. 106. Michigan wide receiver Amara Darboh is big and physical and skilled as a blocker. He’ll need to refine his technique but could grow into a quality contributor for Seattle.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like this pick. S who is inconsistent on deep coverage.......................

Hell kick him to OLB

Sounds like he's a sure handed tackler while bringing the ball carrier down quickly... Definitely could be a good ST'r...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch :L

Losers
Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks grabbed Malik McDowell early in the second round, and while he’s talented, his technique needs work. Seattle selected LSU center Ethan Pocic with the 58th overall pick. Seattle needs offensive line help, and it’s limited in terms of the talent available in this draft. But Pocic doesn’t use leverage well and has some functional strength issues that will make his transition to the NFL more challenging.

In the third round, the Seahawks took cornerback Shaquill Griffin with the 90th overall pick. Seattle surely likes Griffin’s aggression in coverage, but he’s slow, and he’ll struggle to maintain coverage on NFL receivers.

With the 95th pick, which the Seahawks got from the Falcons in a Day 1 trade, they selected safety Delano Hill. Hill isn’t terribly athletic and he lacks functional change of direction skills that will challenge him in coverage. Hill was projected to be a fifth- or sixth-round selection, so he was a stretch for Seattle here.

Defensive tackle Nazair Jones was Seattle’s next pick at No. 102, and he’s got an interesting history. A rare disease, complex regional pain syndrome, caused him to drop a ton of weight and almost forced him out of football in high school. He bounced back, remarkably, but he has below-average instincts, and was projected as a fourth- or fifth-rounder.

The Seahawks at least finished strong with pick No. 106. Michigan wide receiver Amara Darboh is big and physical and skilled as a blocker. He’ll need to refine his technique but could grow into a quality contributor for Seattle.

Great sign... When we get bad reviews, turns out to be a good draft... When we get good reviews, doesn't turn out as good... Proves that these don't mean anything... These reviews don't take into consideration how the the Hawks are going to use them... They basically go by BPA...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great sign... When we get bad reviews, turns out to be a good draft... When we get good reviews, doesn't turn out as good... Proves that these don't mean anything...

lets hope you are right but in the past when we have had so called bad drafts that turned out good/great i never agreed with them. still they picked players that would have been there for the picking in later rounds. some times people tend to "out think" themselves and i feel this is what happened in this draft for the Hawks.

But hey the Cards have had a solid draft so far at least there is that ...oh wait!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a Look at David Moore.
C6qz0l4U4AAKWLH.jpg

We might have something there