• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade with Denver for #5

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets to 5 TB may try to jump Indy, and Denver still hets the guy they would have had at 5.

I agree Tampa would be in a great spot. Im just hoping Elway really wants Cravens.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Tampa would be in a great spot. Im just hoping Elway really wants Cravens.
I liked Cravens in the draft, and I think he could be the guy I thought he'd be, but you have to lean against his desire to play football now, and if his heart isn't in it I'm not trading for him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude quit once, he'll need to play a season before he's worth a pick especially anything above a late 6th.

its was already reported that Denver made multiple offers for Cravens. I think he is worth a 4th right now. best case 3rd.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Cravens in the draft, and I think he could be the guy I thought he'd be, but you have to lean against his desire to play football now, and if his heart isn't in it I'm not trading for him.

Reports say Cravens wants to play this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm guessing one of those MULTIPLE offers didn't include a 4th.

of course not b/c Elway is not going to pay high price right now. As we get closer to the draft that should change.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course not b/c Elway is not going to pay high price right now. As we get closer to the draft that should change.
So you expect Elway to get dumber at the draft?
Here's the problem with Cravens. There's a draft saying you cannot grade the HEART of a player, but NOW with Cravens you can.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one giant flaw in any plan to include Cravens in any type of trade at this point.

He has a perfect example of if I just wait Bruce out, I get what I want any way. They can try to deal him, but what if he refuses to report to Denver?? Trade voided, and he losses all value.

He has seen that the best way to get away from Bruce, is to frustrate Bruce. So unless he actually WANTS to go to Denver, he will simply not show. In which case, what options does that leave Bruce?? Keep him on our roster and have him inactive all year to maintain his rights?? Or release him and get nothing?? And to be clear, Washington is in no way talented enough to have a guy taking up a roster spot that they have no intention of putting on the field.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one giant flaw in any plan to include Cravens in any type of trade at this point.

He has a perfect example of if I just wait Bruce out, I get what I want any way. They can try to deal him, but what if he refuses to report to Denver?? Trade voided, and he losses all value.

He has seen that the best way to get away from Bruce, is to frustrate Bruce. So unless he actually WANTS to go to Denver, he will simply not show. In which case, what options does that leave Bruce?? Keep him on our roster and have him inactive all year to maintain his rights?? Or release him and get nothing?? And to be clear, Washington is in no way talented enough to have a guy taking up a roster spot that they have no intention of putting on the field.
I think if the Skins want anything of value for Cravens, he needs to show it on the field he's ready to give it his all.
I'm guessing either he woke up or family convinced him he could set himself up for life it he could stick around the NFL for 6 or so years, and is the reason he changed his mind. I don't see him destroying his body with a long career.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Cravens and play him like he did nothing wrong. Then, next year trade him when he has value we create.
At this point, I'd say that is the Skins best option. I think he's much more valuable than his current worth due to his desire to play or not.

Make no mistake, if the Skins cut him he will have a good number of teams calling his agent.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Skins want anything of value for Cravens, he needs to show it on the field he's ready to give it his all.
I'm guessing either he woke up or family convinced him he could set himself up for life it he could stick around the NFL for 6 or so years, and is the reason he changed his mind. I don't see him destroying his body with a long career.

Agreed. But I will also say that i think Family might be part of the reason he stepped away last year to begin with.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Cravens and play him like he did nothing wrong. Then, next year trade him when he has value we create.
I think you lose the locker room that way. Gruden's talking brave, but I'd be very surprised if it's not a bluff. It would be foolish to keep him on the team, and I think every other team understands that. If they end up with more than a conditional 5th round pick, I'll eat my hat, and really only a poor poker player would give up that much.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you lose the locker room that way. Gruden's talking brave, but I'd be very surprised if it's not a bluff. It would be foolish to keep him on the team, and I think every other team understands that. If they end up with more than a conditional 5th round pick, I'll eat my hat, and really only a poor poker player would give up that much.

How do you lose the locker room? You play the best players. These guys are here to win.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you lose the locker room? You play the best players. These guys are here to win.
He betrayed all his teammates - and that wasn't just a one-time thing. There's no way they trust him as a teammate. If Gruden keeps him on the team, he's betraying the rest of the team and losing their trust.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He betrayed all his teammates - and that wasn't just a one-time thing. There's no way they trust him as a teammate. If Gruden keeps him on the team, he's betraying the rest of the team and losing their trust.

Not at all. He betrayed nobody because it is a job. He chose not to play and took time away.

It is a fantasy world you have been fed to believe players give a damn in that manner.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. He betrayed nobody because it is a job. He chose not to play and took time away.

It is a fantasy world you have been fed to believe players give a damn in that manner.
You're wrong. I've heard his teammates talk about it, I've seen them miked up during practice and talking to him on the sidelines - when things were starting to get totally out of control. I've heard many current and many ex-players talk about it - and there's no difference of opinion. You must have heard the same. It's pretty much impossible to be a Skins fan in this area and not have heard it.