• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade with Denver for #5

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay and? If he signed a 5-6 year deal they wouldn't take a QB but 2 years?

Draft Mayfield or Allen at 5 and let him sit and learn on the sidelines....

allen wont be there. they will have to settle for Mayfield.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off settling for mayfield is an issue ?

but lets get back to the premise the skins swapping 1st rounders and we give up cravens and this years 2nd in the hopes that barkley is there

and if he is not then what ? who is the next target because if the browns pass on barkley the giants would be fools not to grab him in my opinion

i am not sure i would want to gut this draft and not be certain we get the target (barkley ) i am not certain we should trade up for anyone with the holes we have and not a lot of proven answers

i think richards was worth the gamble at wr but he is unproven . anderson isnt a lock at anything and FM is also unproven and we should expect some growing pains with these young guys

i get what barkley offers but we dont have a legit LG , and about 20 mil left in cap space to sign guys to fill holes . and our past suggest that only about 30 percent of the signings will pan out

i wouldnt give up anymore draft resources on that gamble and denver could want more

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter is great at announcing breaking news but he's not the best mock draft expert.

Usually breaking news that came from another source (& he subsequently takes credit for the story).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 its very possible Barkley is there at #5. I just proved that. Cle just signed Hyde do a muti-year deal. So now they have Hyde and Johnson. Why couldn't they go defense at #4?

#2 I think Denver wants Nelson. So they can use our 2nd rounder plus there own picks to trade back into the top 10 to get Nelson. I don't think Denver is going to take Mayfield at #5. Assuming the top 3 QB's go 1-3.

Now if Denver is targeting Barley at #5 then all bets are off. This only works if Denver is targeting Nelson.

By you stating that perhaps the top 3 teams take a QB & CLE takes Chubb how in the hell does that PROVE anything? You need to learn the difference between facts and opinions. You proved nothing.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By you stating that perhaps the top 3 teams take a QB & CLE takes Chubb how in the hell does that PROVE anything? You need to learn the difference between facts and opinions. You proved nothing.

I meant its possible it could happen.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off settling for mayfield is an issue ?

but lets get back to the premise the skins swapping 1st rounders and we give up cravens and this years 2nd in the hopes that barkley is there

and if he is not then what ? who is the next target because if the browns pass on barkley the giants would be fools not to grab him in my opinion

i am not sure i would want to gut this draft and not be certain we get the target (barkley ) i am not certain we should trade up for anyone with the holes we have and not a lot of proven answers

i think richards was worth the gamble at wr but he is unproven . anderson isnt a lock at anything and FM is also unproven and we should expect some growing pains with these young guys

i get what barkley offers but we dont have a legit LG , and about 20 mil left in cap space to sign guys to fill holes . and our past suggest that only about 30 percent of the signings will pan out

i wouldnt give up anymore draft resources on that gamble and denver could want more

Im saying if Barkley is there at #5 you try to trade up. Its very possible 3 Qb's could go in the fist three picks.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure why people are taken aback by Barkley possibly being there at 5. It seems very reasonable.

At this point Id expect the top 3 picks to be QBs and I dont think CLE is gonna go RB at 4. Honestly Barkley might slide to 7 (or later).

Id love for us to trade up to take Saquon just because Im a homer and I want him to be Redskin. But...taking a RB top 5 is as horrible of an idea as it has always been.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure why people are taken aback by Barkley possibly being there at 5. It seems very reasonable.

At this point Id expect the top 3 picks to be QBs and I dont think CLE is gonna go RB at 4. Honestly Barkley might slide to 7 (or later).

Id love for us to trade up to take Saquon just because Im a homer and I want him to be Redskin. But...taking a RB top 5 is as horrible of an idea as it has always been.

I think the Colts will take him at #6. That is why I started this thread to trade up with Denver. If he does get by the Colts the Bucs should take him at #7 b/c they have nothing at RB.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading up is not a good idea . We are good at 13

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, don't think that makes sense. You're assuming Cravans is valued at a 3rd? I highly doubt that. And Denver is basically in a lock position to grab Nelson who outside of Barkley is the best player in this draft and fills a big position of need.

You'd probably have to throw in a 2019 2nd as well to draw the necessary interest and get them to avoid Nelson.

Given Alex Smith is serviceable and the QBs in this class are fairly mediocre either in terms of talent or mental capacity (one has confidence issues, the other likes to party) I see the Skins staying put. This is a runningback loaded class and also decent on D-Line, both needs for the Skins. There's ZERO reason to be trading up for either, if I'm a Skins fan. Naturally the Skins are NFC and I'm a Seattle fan, so I'd prefer you mortgage your entire future to trade up.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, don't think that makes sense. You're assuming Cravans is valued at a 3rd? I highly doubt that. And Denver is basically in a lock position to grab Nelson who outside of Barkley is the best player in this draft and fills a big position of need.

You'd probably have to throw in a 2019 2nd as well to draw the necessary interest and get them to avoid Nelson.

Given Alex Smith is serviceable and the QBs in this class are fairly mediocre either in terms of talent or mental capacity (one has confidence issues, the other likes to party) I see the Skins staying put. This is a runningback loaded class and also decent on D-Line, both needs for the Skins. There's ZERO reason to be trading up for either, if I'm a Skins fan. Naturally the Skins are NFC and I'm a Seattle fan, so I'd prefer you mortgage your entire future to trade up.

I actually valued Cravens as a 4th. Do you really think a 2019 2nd rounder is going to stop the Skins for getting Barkley?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually valued Cravens as a 4th. Do you really think a 2019 2nd rounder is going to stop the Skins for getting Barkley?

Not at all, if that's their guy... just saying what else I think you'd need to offer in this situation. I think you valued the trade too low, that's all.