• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade with Denver for #5

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all, if that's their guy... just saying what else I think you'd need to offer in this situation. I think you valued the trade too low, that's all.

point wise I was on target. I think Barkley is above and beyond any RB in this class. I mean his grade is higher than Elliot's.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point wise I was on target. I think Barkley is above and beyond any RB in this class. I mean his grade is higher than Elliot's.

I mean... if a team IS going to mortgage a ton to trade up, I'll agree that's the one player that's worth it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... if a team IS going to mortgage a ton to trade up, I'll agree that's the one player that's worth it.

that is certainly not a ton. This is going to be interesting if the Giants pass on Barkley at #2.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is certainly not a ton. This is going to be interesting if the Giants pass on Barkley at #2.

Yah Giants are a dark horse. I mean all 3 of these options make sense:

1) Trade down (with Bills who would go QB) - can't imagine them trading with the Skins because of division. Don't want to land direct competition a stud.
2) Grab a QB. FO/Coaching has said they are sticking with Manning this year, but guys like Allen/Rosen need SERIOUS grooming or stability.
3) Grab Barkley who is the best player in the draft.

I'm really curious to see what the Giants do. And I meant mortgage a ton effectively speaking for any team. I agree it wouldn't be a TON for the Skins, but still a lot.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this in the hypothetical situation...Doug sure has been gumming it up about getting that RB the Skins need. Who knows what they may pull the trigger on. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Barkley is still there at #5 I would offer Denver; Cravens, #13, and our 2nd rounder. According to the draft trade chart it would be a fair deal consider Cravens is worth a high to mid 4th rounder.

The draft would have to be 3 QB's if the first three picks like Kiper and Schefter said. Cleveland stays at #4 and selects Chubb. Its totally possible guys. What do you think?
I don't think your trade would work, but
it's possible that Barkley falls to 5. Possible? It's realistic.

Browns, Giants and Jets all go QB. Then it's the Browns again at 4 with Barkley still on the board. They could take Barkley themselves or, since they just signed Hyde, they could auction this pick off to the team that wants the last of the big 4 QBs (Denver at 5, Buffalo at 12), meaning Barkley falls to 5. Nothing unrealistic about that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think your trade would work, but
it's possible that Barkley falls to 5. Possible? It's realistic.

Browns, Giants and Jets all go QB. Then it's the Browns again at 4 with Barkley still on the board. They could take Barkley themselves or, since they just signed Hyde, they could auction this pick off to the team that wants the last of the big 4 QBs (Denver at 5, Buffalo at 12), meaning Barkley falls to 5. Nothing unrealistic about that.

Would a 2019 3rd rounder work in the deal? Am I that far off? Elway really wants Cravens.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you trade up then your holes at DT and LG wont get filled with quality

im assuming we land Hankins and we can sign Lavou back who was better than Long. I wont lose the chance to get Barkley for a 2nd round pick. Plus OG can be had with our 4th rounder.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im assuming we land Hankins and we can sign Lavou back who was better than Long. I wont lose the chance to get Barkley for a 2nd round pick. Plus OG can be had with our 4th rounder.
assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would a 2019 3rd rounder work in the deal? Am I that far off? Elway really wants Cravens.
I think that gets you there, but I'll be surprised if Elway moves down.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BULLSHIT...Lauvao was the butt of every OL joke over the last few years. Long didn’t beat him out as a rookie because Lauvao had just signed a decent contract here and wasn’t given a chance. You are just mad that Long signed a contract you never imagined he would get because it didn’t fit your narrative.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BULLSHIT...Lauvao was the butt of every OL joke over the last few years. Long didn’t beat him out as a rookie because Lauvao had just signed a decent contract here and wasn’t given a chance. You are just mad that Long signed a contract you never imagined he would get because it didn’t fit your narrative.
same with TM

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Barkley is still there at #5 I would offer Denver; Cravens, #13, and our 2nd rounder. According to the draft trade chart it would be a fair deal consider Cravens is worth a high to mid 4th rounder.

The draft would have to be 3 QB's if the first three picks like Kiper and Schefter said. Cleveland stays at #4 and selects Chubb. Its totally possible guys. What do you think?

While I think you scenario is plausible, I just cannot see Barley going past the Giants. Now, if he somehow gets to #5, it would be interesting to see how a trade up would work for us as there are many other spots to consider filling in this draft. I'm not so sure if Cravens will be enough, as I'm not sure if Elway values him as a third rounder.

That said, let me ask a question. Let's say that we owned the 5th pick in this draft outright, wouldn't the focus be on trading down, especially if we were convinced that Barkley would be gone in the top two picks?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think you scenario is plausible, I just cannot see Barley going past the Giants. Now, if he somehow gets to #5, it would be interesting to see how a trade up would work for us as there are many other spots to consider filling in this draft. I'm not so sure if Cravens will be enough, as I'm not sure if Elway values him as a third rounder.

That said, let me ask a question. Let's say that we owned the 5th pick in this draft outright, wouldn't the focus be on trading down, especially if we were convinced that Barkley would be gone in the top two picks?
If he gets to 5 TB may try to jump Indy, and Denver still hets the guy they would have had at 5.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would wait unit Barley is taken before I trade down. Even if Barkley is taken I would take Nelson at #5 if we had the pick. Barkley and Nelson are the two slam dunks in this draft.