• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade help...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main league, 12 teams, PPR, bonus pts for long TDs, 1/50 return yards. Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), K, P, 7 IDP. We keep 2 offensive players.

Been trying to get Derrick Henry from this dude since the draft and he hasn't really budged much. He does mention McCoy a lot, so maybe I need to up the ante a little. What do you guys think about this?

McCoy, Lamar Miller, and Pierre Garcon

for

Henry, Sammy Watkins and either Dalvin Cook or Melvin Gordon.

My roster...

QB - Winston, Mariota
RB - McCoy, Miller, T. Coleman, R. Kelley, Tolbert (who I could add in maybe instead of Garcon and/or take out the WRs altogether?)
WR - M. Thomas, D. Thomas, D. Baldwin, Garcon
TE - Fleener

His roster...

QB - Cousins, Ben
RB - Gordon, Cook, Henry, Stewart, Jamal Williams
WR - Julio, DHop, Watkins, Tyrell Williams
TE - Reed

I am happy with my defense and teams and don't see any kind of upgrade with his guys, so that is out. We do have draft picks we can throw in to even out any lopsidedness.

I guess my real question is if I am overvaluing Henry. I'm thinking this is my last chance to get him at a low price because he is about to blow up. At some point this season he will take over the job and he will be a must start. I can get him before he hits that point. But am I giving up too much in that trade? I also am starting to like McCoy, Miller, and Tolbert for Henry and Gordon/Cook. And which of those two should I target? Trying to look rest of the season more than as a keeper thing.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you offered him anything yet? I would start with McCoy for Henry straight up. Not sure I would give up Cook and Gordon in PPR. At some point McCoy is going to get hurt. Teams are going to try and stop the run vs Buff and force Taylor to throw. If you feel as strong about Henry as you do, then give him McCoy and see what he says. If he wants to add more, then see what he does. IMO, it seems you are trying to hard to make this deal. You want Henry, he keeps talking about McCoy.....start there. Good luck!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mccoynfor henry straight up? hell i , not until u know henry is the unquestioned starter. that would be a horrible trade:hellno:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy is worth more than Henry don't do that. Maybe try Henry and Cook for McCoy and Garcon

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or even just Miller and Garcon for Henry if he doesn't insist on McCoy, or Coleman and garcon, bit that's prob undervalued with Murray injured

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

I figured Murray just bought me some more time. Any different views on this deal after this week?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd concentrate on getting rid of Miller first and foremost.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd concentrate on getting rid of Miller first and foremost.
Miller started slow last season and ended up putting up modest numbers after a pretty big game, iirc. I am a believer in him as a solid RB2 with a high floor and high ceiling. I don't mind trading him, especially in the scenario above, but I don't think that should be my focus. Unless he blows up next week and I can get RB1 value for him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

I figured Murray just bought me some more time. Any different views on this deal after this week?
yeah, i was all about murray but with a down performance, and a banged up murray, and just getting so terribly outplayed, he missed this chance, another may come

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Mark Twain when it comes to Murray " Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated " Murray is still the man in that offense.