• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale is basically another Corbin, we don't need a lefty in the rotation. We need a couple arms in the bullpen and a solid right handed starter. Our rotation is already lefty heavy.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale is basically another Corbin, we don't need a lefty in the rotation. We need a couple arms in the bullpen and a solid right handed starter. Our rotation is already lefty heavy.

Yeah that would be ideal.

Also Gambo is reporting on the radio at the moment, that the DBacks are NOT in the Garza sweepstakes at this time. The price is too high apparently. He did say that the Cubs are going to give us the chance to make a final offer, after they decide on an offer from the other teams.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also worth mentioning that the DBacks think Bradley and Skaggs are untouchable. If we make a deal it won't include them according to Gambo.

:clap:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we have to start believing that we are not trading for a SP. This team does not want to trade the future. I don't really blame them. At best I think we might find some aging vet at the deadline for cheap though.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I repeat what I have been saying for more than a month now? The dbacks do not need another #3-4-5 SP & will not trade for a #2 SP that requires giving up any upper tier pitching prospects. BP arms are what KT is & should be focusing on.

Chances are that we will acquire 1-2 "B" BP arms rather than an "A" or "A+" arm. Those guys just cost way too much at this point. It would be better to just wait till mid to late August & grab a good BP arm through waivers when more teams fall out of contention.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I repeat what I have been saying for more than a month now? The dbacks do not need another #3-4-5 SP & will not trade for a #2 SP that requires giving up any upper tier pitching prospects. BP arms are what KT is & should be focusing on.

Chances are that we will acquire 1-2 "B" BP arms rather than an "A" or "A+" arm. Those guys just cost way too much at this point. It would be better to just wait till mid to late August & grab a good BP arm through waivers when more teams fall out of contention.

You can keep repeating it as long as the DBacks follow it!

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope its not the Dodgers.

Most likely the Dodgers. They are trying to get to $250 mil before the season ends so that $300 mil won't look like that big of a jump next season.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers - Cubs...Matt Garza deal will get done and Neil Ramirez will be center piece according to source
JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm)

5 mins ago.

I really wish we could embed twitter posts here:bawling:

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the offer from the Rangers is according to Fort Worth Star Telegram Insider:

3B: Mike Olt #1 Ranked Prospect
SS: Luis Sardinas #2
P: Neil Ramirez #14
P: CJ Edwards #15

Taken from a MLBTR poster.

I would take this deal & run if I were the Cubs. I know they are trying to hold out for better arms like Jackson, but this is a good haul.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm)

5 mins ago.

I really wish we could embed twitter posts here:bawling:

Good stay out of the division Mr. Pussy Garza.

As for the embed thing, you can do those tweet boxes by doing: [tw eet] number part of the tweet [/tw eet] (no spaces and example of number part: https:// twitter. com/JimBowdenESPNxm/status/358340400215371776)

After you do that, click edit on the post and then save. For some reason that does something simliar to embedding if you don't like the tweet box.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the offer from the Rangers is according to Fort Worth Star Telegram Insider:

3B: Mike Olt #1 Ranked Prospect
SS: Luis Sardinas #2
P: Neil Ramirez #14
P: CJ Edwards #15

Taken from a MLBTR poster.

I would take this deal & run if I were the Cubs. I know they are trying to hold out for better arms like Jackson, but this is a good haul.

Holy shit, do the Rangers want to be fleeced? Garza probably isn't even worth half of those players.