• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever they trade for (if they do), I hope they wait till right at the end of the deadline. That would probably mean we didn't pay too much for someone. We can't be trading anymore of our pitching prospects unless we are getting an obvious steal.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will need a left handed reliever as well...Sipp cannot continue to be our only lefty in the pen

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will need a left handed reliever as well...Sipp cannot continue to be our only lefty in the pen

Yeah, I like Chisek. I'd be down to add him and Perkins... they might cost a lot but it would be worth it to have a lock down lefty and a solid, young closer.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Davidson or Owings will need to be dealt if the Dbacks want to make a big trade.

I still prefer if they wait towards the end of the trade deadline for any deal they attempt to make. With the extra wild card its going to take longer for teams to realize they have no shot at the playoffs this year. I think number of sellers / buyers is going to be big for teams not to overpay for a player.

Owings and Koobz are still the players I don't mind trading the most right now. Although Owings hit another homer yesterday and is now batting .348 with 8 HRs, 58 RBIs and 15 SBs in 91 games for Reno.

Last edited by a moderator:

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what is available so far, I would not trade for Gallardo, Samardzija, Peavy, or anyone else the d'backs have been linked to. Those guys are not a step up compared to what we already have. None of them are true aces and I do not believe they would put us over the top.

The only guys I would consider trading for are Cliff Lee or David Price. Price was having a down year but he was injured. He has had two dominant starts since he has come back from injury. However, the chances of getting either one of these guys is slim to none. The rays are a good team and are probably not looking to trade Price. Lee might be available but the d'backs would need the phillies to put up like 75 percent of the money owed to Lee for the remainder of his contract and I highly doubt that will happen. The only way that could happen is if we blow away the phillies with an offer of young pitching which I would be very hesitant to do.

If we could get Price or Lee, I would offer any combination of Kennedy, Cahill, and McCarthy, and one of Delgado, Skaggs, or Miley. The only guy that I think should be untouchable is Archie Bradley.
If we are not trading for one of those two guys, I would not even bother. Gallardo is having a terrible year. Peavy's era is 4.3, plus he is currently injured. And Samardzija is not worth giving up a bunch of prospects for.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what is available so far, I would not trade for Gallardo, Samardzija, Peavy, or anyone else the d'backs have been linked to. Those guys are not a step up compared to what we already have. None of them are true aces and I do not believe they would put us over the top.

The only guys I would consider trading for are Cliff Lee or David Price. Price was having a down year but he was injured. He has had two dominant starts since he has come back from injury. However, the chances of getting either one of these guys is slim to none. The rays are a good team and are probably not looking to trade Price. Lee might be available but the d'backs would need the phillies to put up like 75 percent of the money owed to Lee for the remainder of his contract and I highly doubt that will happen. The only way that could happen is if we blow away the phillies with an offer of young pitching which I would be very hesitant to do.

If we could get Price or Lee, I would offer any combination of Kennedy, Cahill, and McCarthy, and one of Delgado, Skaggs, or Miley. The only guy that I think should be untouchable is Archie Bradley.
If we are not trading for one of those two guys, I would not even bother. Gallardo is having a terrible year. Peavy's era is 4.3, plus he is currently injured. And Samardzija is not worth giving up a bunch of prospects for.

Tuffy! Glad you made it over here. I completely agree with not going after Gallardo or Samardzija. I'd rather keep the young prospects and give them a chance. Lee is probably the only guy I'd overpay to get IF Philly is OK with eating up a lot of that contract. I wonder if we could convince them to take a package surrounding Miley, Delgado, and Owings with a couple lower level guys. That would be awesome but they'll probably need Skaggs to be apart of it to happen. Maybe Pollock... idk.

I'd be more interested in trading Owings and some lower level guys to Miami for Chisek and Mike Dunn. That would fill two needs... a closer and a solid lefty out of the pen, we really need to strengthen the back end of our bullpen.
I don't want to trade any of Skaggs, Bradley or Davidson.

Oh, and about David Price... doubt they'll trade him this year unless they really fall out of contention fast which won't happen. Next year's deadline is more likely for that.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you waiting for? Seven trades that should be made right now ArizonaSports.com

1. Milwaukee sends P Yovani Gallardo to Arizona for P Trevor Cahill and prospect (SS) Chris Owings
The Diamondbacks have one starter they can rely on right now and he's pitching in his first full Major League season. If the team wants to take the West, Patrick Corbin needs help, and Gallardo would fit nicely as a new number two starter. Gallardo is having a bad season by his standards and he makes a considerable wage ($11 million per season), but a new environment might be just what the 27-year-old right-hander needs. Plus, he's been at his best throughout his career when pitching at Chase Field. If Milwaukee will take back Cahill to offset Gallardo's salary, the D-backs can part with a middle infielder ready for the Majors but blocked for the foreseeable future by Didi Gregorius and Aaron Hill.

Would you do it?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The d'backs just sent Skaggs down to Single A. Yes I said Single A. Gibson claiming that it is the best place for him right now. How can you send a guy one start removed from an 8 inning shutout against the rockies all the way down to Single A? That makes no sense to me.

I wonder if he is getting traded.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The d'backs just sent Skaggs down to Single A. Yes I said Single A. Gibson claiming that it is the best place for him right now. How can you send a guy one start removed from an 8 inning shutout against the rockies all the way down to Single A? That makes no sense to me.

I wonder if he is getting traded.

From my understanding AAA and AA are on all star break soon. They want him to pitch so he stays on rotation and that was the best option. If they didn't pitch him in single A, his next start wouldn't be until like the 22nd or 23rd.

But anything is possible.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my understanding AAA and AA are on all star break soon. They want him to pitch so he stays on rotation and that was the best option. If they didn't pitch him in single A, his next start wouldn't be until like the 22nd or 23rd.

But anything is possible.

Oh okay. I was totally unaware of that. Thanks for letting me know.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kevin Towers also said they are going to look at internal options first before considering trades for bullpen help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some faith in Cahill, but I don't really want McCarthy to come back.

I think Skaggs and Delgado can provide comparable production to Kennedy, Cahill, and Miley.