• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know this guy has been terrible for a year and half after he got injured and had knee surgery, but I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him. He was great for the Braves for a long time and is only 27. This is probably just me willing to try anything at this point.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say no to Jurrjens. His velocity is down, he's injury prone and we have better options in Mobile and Reno.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gambo Info today on radio: If the DBacks can get rid of Ian Kennedy they will. They won't be putting him on the DL but they want him out. He's not sure what the market for him is.

Matt Garza would be a rental according to him. He said AZ really likes Garza and is definitely in talks about him but he is really expensive. The Dbacks want to give up Kennedy and a prospect for him but other teams are offering their best prospect and the DBacks don't want to do that for a rental. He didn't say it but implied that there no chance we get him.

He also said it will be more likely we move Davidson and / or Owings in the off-season, when we can get players that aren't rentals like now.

He said lots of teams still think they are contenders so that's why Garza is so expensive, and there are few sellers. Texas is the front runner and then everyone else, including us and the Dodgers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a risk on Jurrjens if the price is extremely low.

He was DFA'd. Therefore, anyone who he signs with will only be responsible for approx. 100K/year of his remaining contract. The O's are still on the hook for the entirety of his current contract (minus the 100K).

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want relievers first
chisek is my main one I want
perkins is also someone I think we should go for even if hes expensive.
I think we should try and get one starter..
without giving up bradley, davidson, or skaggs.
I think it can be done if we target one of miamis pitchers like hernandez or turner. I liked them in our series and they have done pretty well.

About Juirjens, I would take the risk. The cost on that would be ridiculously low

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about this deal?
Package with Miami

Dbacks get:
Steve Cishek
Jose Fernandez or Jacob Turner (Turner would be more realistic)

Marlins get:
David Holmberg
Owings

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then we could go after perkins or another reliever
I think we need to get 2 solid relievers and one starter when this is said and done

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an alternate to possibly get Fernandez in that deal would be to give them kubel as well
he is in the last year of his deal too.

I think if we are going to get two good relievers and a starter and dont want to give up skaggs, bradley, or davidson
someone like kubel will have to be in one of these deals or one of our current starters (but who wants them)

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im on the same page as you Nogi, I want relievers first and I don't wanna give up Skaggs, Bradley or Davidson. I also don't really want to give up on Delgado right now, but if he gets a good deal done, then do it.

I still think Juirjens should be looked into. I have very close to zero belief he will be what he was before, but you never know.

desertdog99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Towers working on blockbuster...Kennedy and Hudson for Scherzer. Also dangling Ken Kendrick and Josh Byrnes to get CarGo back...everytime see Max and CarGo reminded of how moronic those people were

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just give the Cubs Kennedy, Kubel, and Josh Wilson. He counts as a top minor league prospect, right?

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towers working on blockbuster...Kennedy and Hudson for Scherzer. Also dangling Ken Kendrick and Josh Byrnes to get CarGo back...everytime see Max and CarGo reminded of how moronic those people were

I am not too worried about those trades. Carlos Gonzalez was part of the package the d'backs sent to get Dan Haren, who then Dipoto traded to the angels and recieved Corbin, Skaggs, and Joe Saunders. So Gonzalez and then Haren turned into Corbin, Skaggs, and Saunders.

Scherzer was traded for Kennedy and Edwin Jackson. Edwin Jackson was then traded for Daniel Hudson and David Holmberg. So trading Scherzer turned into Kennedy, Hudson, and Holmberg. Kennedy and Hudson were dominant in 2011 but we all know what has transpired the past two years unfortunately. Kennedy is horrible and no one knows if and when Hudson will be back. At least there is some hope on Holmberg, who has been having a good season in the minors.

Here is the interesting thing though, trading away Scherzer for Kennedy and Jackson were Josh Byrnes trades, as was trading Carlos Gonzalez for Dan Haren. Then Byrnes was fired and about three weeks later in the last week of July, his replacement Jerry Dipoto turned Dan Haren and Edwin Jackson into Patrick Corbin, Tyler Skaggs, Daniel Hudson, David Holmberg, and Joe Saunders. Pretty amazing moves by Jerry Dipoto.

Since Towers has been here, he has made some really good moves, some really head scratching moves, and one absolutely terrible move imo. Everybody knows about a lot of his good moves. The head scratching moves to me have been signing Ross and Kubel when we already were stacked with outfielders. The terrible move is trading Jarrod Parker for Trevor Cahill. Besides how bad Cahill is and how good Parker has been, Cahill's contract increases dramatically next year to 7.7 million and 12 million in 2015. Then there are two team option years at 13-14 million a year each for 2016-2017. Just unreal for a pitcher like him. All the while Parker is on his rookie contract.

As far as us trading for a player now, I mentioned recently the only players I would trade for are David Price and Cliff Lee, and obviously we are probably not going to get either one of them. Yet with how bad Kennedy and Cahill have been, I would make a serious play for Matt Garza. I would not trade Bradley or Skaggs, and I would honestly like to hold on to Delgado too. However, I would trade Owings, Holmberg, and that guy that just won the MVP of the futures game Matt Davidson for Garza. In addition, the cubs would have to take back Cahill or Kennedy too.

If we trade all three of those guys and Cahill/Kennedy, then we should get back Garza and whoever is the best relief pitcher the cubs have. It is a lot to give up, but we will be able to rid ourselves of hopefully Cahill's contract, which is worth giving up prospects that play positions we already have filled in the majors.

Corbin, Garza, Miley, Delgado, Skaggs, and if McCarthy comes back, looks a hell of a lot better than what we have right now. If Corbin and Garza are our 1-2, that gives a real chance to win the world series if we make the playoffs. I think that is worth giving up Owings, Holmberg, and Davidson for.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some very good points there sir

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for me its tough getting around the idea of trading prospects for rentals. I know lots of teams do that but I'm still not convinced its smart. If you give me a guarantee that he will sign here I will be more open to it, but I don't think Garza would be here long.

I know we need starting pitching but I'm hoping the longer we wait, the more options we will have. I still say wait until right at the deadline to make a move for a SP.

desertdog99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
agree Di Poto bailed out Byrnes...Byrnes was reckless and I would guess his days are numbered in SD as well...Both Scherzer and CarGo were prized prospects that everyone was fully aware of the upside that came with them....Corbin and Skaggs are gonna have to play lights out for years to make up for the offense that left w CarGo. Scherzer...forget it...there is absolutely nothing that can be said for that screw up

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone mentioned Chris sale and Jessie Crain? I would actually trade some players for those two!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone mentioned Chris sale and Jessie Crain? I would actually trade some players for those two!

I haven't seen any articles or tweets saying Sale is available. Is he? If so hook me up with that info please... I'd love to add him and Crain.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really "breaking news" but he is making us sound desperate right now.

Also, an update on our friend Jurrjens

Last edited by a moderator: