• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've liked some more picks but hey, we got something. Better than getting nothing. At lest we didn't acquire anybody.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We should sign Zids again this off season and trade him again next year. Just no NTC.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lou said he got better offers for Zids but the NTC was what made him choose the Detroit offer.
NO more NTC please.

Lou should have been in his GM office last week instead of being useless and standing on the bench. Not like he coaches or anything, just speaks to the media. Maybe if he was working the phones a bit more, we could have dumped more players, even for 7th round pics in 2025.

Disappointing day.

This is what bugs me. Zid is said to love this area and didn't really want to leave. He even is rumored to come back in the off season. So not for anything lou you know all this and you still feel the need to give him that ntc? 38 bad defense and he doesn't want to take the one year deal no ntc? Ok see ha zid have fun playing In Winnipeg.

Horrible to have to give zid a ntc its not like he had a ton of interest from other teams and like I said he liked being in nj use that as your fucking leverage lou

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wasn't completely by choice, however, that Lamoriello didn't complete any other trades today. Although he admitted “several other players” could have been moved today if he had chosen to completely give up on this season.

Yup the old man has lost it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ntc should be given out to franchise stud players to make them want to come here. Not to some bum 38 year old who's buddy Elias is here. Then he goes out and brings in their other buddy havlat it's a fucking country club

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know there are players nobody wanted. I wouldn't waste any pick on Zubrus with the way he has been playing if I was a NHL GM. I was still hoping for more players dumped. I saw Lou mention about not giving up on the season. To be fair, I don't think any GM would admit to the media that he has given up. But I know what you mean.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah If nothing else I'd have traded Ryder & Havlat for 7th or 8th rounders... why not.

Gomez & Tootoo probably had more interest (they are certainly playing better) and as much as enjoy seeing both of them play for us we could re-sign them in the summer if we wanted to

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ryder and Havlat aren't even worth the extra contract spot, let alone a 7th rounder.

They're both healthy scratches on one of the worst offenses in the league.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hey people knock the 6th and 7th round picks but some really good players were found late late late.

lundqvist rhinne anderson come to mind quickly and its funny they are goalies.

if all the "good" players were taken before the 5th round the draft wouldn't go past the 5th round then

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus
hey people knock the 6th and 7th round picks but some really good players were found late late late.

lundqvist rhinne anderson come to mind quickly and its funny they are goalies.

if all the "good" players were taken before the 5th round the draft wouldn't go past the 5th round then
Agreed, plus like I've said before, even if your late picks don't work out getting extra ones keeps another team from maybe hitting the jackpot. (actually applies to acquired picks at al levels)