• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaromir Jagr says he won't ask Devils for a trade, but sounds as if he'd like to be moved - Fire & Ice

So realistically, who is likely to be moved and what can we get for them? 3 guys that I think a contending team could want on a rental basis for a playoff run are Jagr, Ryder and Zidlicky. What are these guys worth?

Jagr - 2nd round pick, anything more?
Ryder - 3rd round pick, yes? no?
Zidlicky - 2nd/3rd round?

Anybody else that could be moved (maybe Marty Havlat?)? Agree/disagree with the value associated with those players?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this team is built with players for a playoff contender.

zubrus would be ideal.

bernier

gionta

ruutu

all these guys are grinders and 4th line players that people want to finish off their bottom 6 or as an insurance policy. hell just getting these guys off the team would be an addition i believe

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd get rid off Jagr, Ryder, Ruutu - now and Clowe - when becomes healthy. In the long run I'd try to replace Zajac. Don't see any type of leadership in him. 8 years are not working. It is so obvious - team needs to rebuild.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team is built with players for a playoff contender.

zubrus would be ideal.

bernier

gionta

ruutu

all these guys are grinders and 4th line players that people want to finish off their bottom 6 or as an insurance policy. hell just getting these guys off the team would be an addition i believe

Another interesting point I've heard is with the Canadian dollar sucking and nobody sure what will come of it, the salary cap moving forward is very uncertain and so teams don't want to take on salaries. Devils have a bunch of expiring guys that a playoff team could use. Bernier would be a solid addition to a playoff team. Not sure what we could get for him, probably get a 3rd out of somebody.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i see a ton a 2nd for jagr

a 3rd that can move to a 2nd for zidlicky

everyone else would either be a 4th or a slim chance at a 3rd round pick.

which i am 1000000000000% for. hell i would even start selling now so we can actually lose some games and we can set the market for these players. more "tickets" in the lotto (draft) is good for me.

yeah the zajac contract is looking worse and worse every year. its funny too because he only got that contract after zach left and he was coming up on ufa. lou knew he wouldn't let another guy walk for nothing so he gives zajac this monster deal?

i was all for the zajac deal at the time but then again i dont get paid millions of dollars to actually do the job of a GM. so i will still say lou fucked up and he should've known better.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can see jägr landing on the island. Complete the metro hat trick. Would also complete the old Atlantic division sweep too

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think they can eek out a late first for Jagr. Zids is prob a 2nd. Ryder, no idea. I can't believe they've been benching him. At least try to get him to look good on the PP or something. Run him out there all night for offensive zone starts. At least get him a couple of goals and see if anyone will take him.

I'm all for moving anyone that's not Greene, Henrique, Zajac, Cory, Kinkaid, Camm, Young D-man. JJ.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than picks, is there any youthful prospects we could get offensively?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr to the Island actually makes a lot of sense and I could see Ryder doing well on a team like Boston or Pitt.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
problem with dealing him to the islanders is i doubt they will give up a 1st to land him since they dont even have one this year.

but i guess i could see them doing a 2nd and 4th?

i wouldn't mind taking a prospect over a pick either. yeah you give up the ability to draft someone you want buuuut the kid should be a lot further along in the development process so he can help out faster

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem with dealing him to the islanders is i doubt they will give up a 1st to land him since they dont even have one this year.

but i guess i could see them doing a 2nd and 4th?

i wouldn't mind taking a prospect over a pick either. yeah you give up the ability to draft someone you want buuuut the kid should be a lot further along in the development process so he can help out faster

Could be wrong, I don't think they have 2nd rounders this year or next either, so I guess the Isles are out.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rangers in on kessel? That's a guy that would instantly make this team interesting again

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2015 NHL Mock Draft | 2015 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

That will let you see quickly who has all the first ATM, plus updated mock draft order based on the current standings.

All those teams in the 12-20 range are very intriguing and would be great to see if any of them would bite on Jagr.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice that in the 8 hole we are possibly taking a Russian defenseman. What a waste of a top pick.

I like the idea of getting some extra ping pong balls with that first if they pick one up

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice that in the 8 hole we are possibly taking a Russian defenseman. What a waste of a top pick.

I like the idea of getting some extra ping pong balls with that first if they pick one up

They don't really look at a guy and say, who would the Devils take, it's just the average order of the players, then they adjust bases on standings. I would definitely like to get either Mitch Marner or Dylan Strome. Of course we need to suck a little more for that to happen. All that assumes we don't win the loto.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Strome and strome on this squad would've been nice

Your right about their rankings but still knowing there is a defender there worries me lou is thinking same thing

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Strome and strome on this squad would've been nice

Your right about their rankings but still knowing there is a defender there worries me lou is thinking same thing

I'd be more worried about Noah Hanifin falling. Guy has been the defacto #3 forever, if he falls to say 4-5-6, you're looking at a Seth Jones situation where each team can't believe he fell to them. Hanifan is playing at BC, and everyone knows Lou loves his hockey east players.