• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading a lot in the Miami newspapers about Whiteside being available

He'd look great in purple and gold.

But I don't think the Lakers have enough to get him without including Lonzo, Ingram or Kuzma and they won't give any of them up.

Why would the Heat want to trade him?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they could trade Love instead. He has value.

I am not sure he does. Some value, sure.

But, there are much better ways to spend $25 million a year in today's NBA. I think Love is closer to being a bad contract than a trade asset at this point.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I don't think the Lakers have enough to get him without including Lonzo, Ingram or Kuzma and they won't give any of them up.

The team just plays better when going with Bam & Olynyk. More energy and can do more on defense since Bam is athletic enough to guard several positions on the floor.

Whiteside often finds himself on the bench late in the 4th due to those reasons.

Last night he was had a -15. Bam was a +13 and Olynyk was a +18

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team just plays better when going with Bam & Olynyk. More energy and can do more on defense since Bam is athletic enough to guard several positions on the floor.

Whiteside often finds himself on the bench late in the 4th due to those reasons.

interesting...

don't get me wrong, i think Whiteside's a great player with a helluva work ethic...

just don't think he'd fit our scheme...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting...

don't get me wrong, i think Whiteside's a great player with a helluva work ethic...

Would depend on how he's used, imo.

The Lakers lack a rim protector and Whiteside's one of the best. He's certainly not going to stretch the floor offensively, but he's athletic and pretty quick for his size...I could see him getting lots of lobs for dunks.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would depend on how he's used, imo.

The Lakers lack a rim protector and Whiteside's one of the best. He's certainly not going to stretch the floor offensively, but he's athletic and pretty quick for his size...I could see him getting lots of lobs for dunks.

exactly...

it's the second part you listed where i would have the issue...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not stretching the floor...

not sure if that'd be detrimental to what Luke's schemes would be...

I don't think so. It's not necessary that every player on the floor be able to stretch the floor. One of the issues I see with a lot of teams is that they struggle in the half court. If you have a guy who can play inside, that alleviates some of that issue.

When needed, the Lakers could pull Whiteside and put Kuzma or Nance Jr. at the 5 in a small ball lineup similar to the Warriors "death lineup".

Defensively, he's not going to be going out and defending the 3 much, but the Lakers are long enough and athletic enough to be able to cover for that.

My only concern would be what his contract is (I don't know what he's making). Imo, if used properly, he is still a valuable piece despite 5's with his skill set being devalued a bit these days. He's just not worth as much as he would have been even 5 years ago. So, for me, it would come down to what he's making.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure he does. Some value, sure.

But, there are much better ways to spend $25 million a year in today's NBA. I think Love is closer to being a bad contract than a trade asset at this point.

$25 might be too much for what Cleveland uses him for but this is kind of a good comparison to Bosh in Miami. He can be the go-to guy for a lower to mid caliber team without a doubt.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been the biggest Whiteside supporter here, but I agree.
If the right deal comes along I would like to see him moved.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because he's worse than Tristan?:noidea:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$25 might be too much for what Cleveland uses him for but this is kind of a good comparison to Bosh in Miami. He can be the go-to guy for a lower to mid caliber team without a doubt.

Bosh could defend. Love is terrible on that end. Love couldn't carry Bosh's jock.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting...

Honestly though, he took I think it way too far, but that was a lot of what Wiggy's point was based on. Tristan fits the modern NBA and Whiteside really doesn't. That doesn't mean he is better, but there is also good reason Whiteside keeps getting benched and Heat fans are willing to deal him.

True centers are difficult to play in certain matchups.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though, he took I think it way too far, but that was a lot of what Wiggy's point was based on. Tristan fits the modern NBA and Whiteside really doesn't. That doesn't mean he is better, but there is also good reason Whiteside keeps getting benched and Heat fans are willing to deal him.

True centers are difficult to play in certain matchups.

I'm wondering if the Blazers would deal CJ for him. They wanted him two years ago and are still trying to get a C. Heard they were previously interested in DJ.

But with what I've seen from BAM, no way Hassan is here after next year even if they can't find a trade partner. He's likely to opt out of his player option next season and no way are the Heat going to re-sign him unless BAM takes 10 steps backwards next year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if the Blazers would deal CJ for him. They wanted him two years ago and are still trying to get a C. Heard they were previously interested in DJ.

But with what I've seen from BAM, no way Hassan is here after next year even if they can't find a trade partner. He's likely to opt out of his player option next season and no way are the Heat going to re-sign him unless BAM takes 10 steps backwards next year.

I am sure they want Whiteside.

Highly doubt they would trade trade CJ for him though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he needs to be the go to guy on a low to mid caliber team to be worth his contract.

He can be the #2 on a contender. He was playing some of the best basketball of his career and the Cavs were actually playing fairly ok when he was #2 behind Lebron.

Then IT entered the lineup, Love dropped to the #3 and he and the Cavs haven't been the same since.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure they want Whiteside.

Highly doubt they would trade trade CJ for him though.

True. The Heat may be stuck with him. I don't think they're necessarily looking to trade him in the next week. It's more if the right deal come along. If not then he's here for another year most likely.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jak3wgtl6al8kjox0djn.jpg

sam-presti-magic-man-featured.jpg