• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Toronto Blue Jays @ the Texas Rangers 5/16 - 5/18

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling this would happen. Know how I knew? Because it doesn't make sense.

I'm assuming he will get a chance but it will be a short leash
Only if to replace Ross. Let the two Nicks have their shot.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if to replace Ross. Let the two Nicks have their shot.

I say let the two Nicks start along with Saunders/Baker to join Darvish and Lewis and put Scheppers and Ross back in the pen.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I said we seem to have a hard time making the tough decisions. There is no way that Scheppers should be rehabbing as a starter. None! Zero! We need bullpen help and he can provide it. He was horrible as a starter. I am not understanding what management is doing.

More stupid ass moves from this group, I just don't understand its absurd

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standard physical would not have revealed anything... it was mentioned in the article.

There should have been a lot more than a standard physical or group of tests in that kind of trade (too much money and years not too), didn't read the article but it wouldn't change the thought process i got on this one

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
More stupid ass moves from this group, I just don't understand its absurd

At this point just go with Darvish,Colby, Tep, Martinez and Ross..... Outside of Soria,Frasor, and Poredo the bullpen has been abysmal. Tolleson has been better of late but please no Scheppers at starter part 2. Lets not make this difficult.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally would rather have Ross over Saunders or Baker in the rotation

And I can understand that preference. I am not trying to kick Ross to the curb or say those other two are better. I was thinking of what may be best as a whole for our overall pitching situation since the pen has struggled and Saunders/Baker may not be much help there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should have been a lot more than a standard physical or group of tests in that kind of trade (too much money and years not too), didn't read the article but it wouldn't change the thought process i got on this one

You're speaking from hindsight more than anything.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the DMN today:

Washington suggested Ross is having difficulty maintaining the extended focus required of a starter. Against Toronto, Ross could not close out innings. The Blue Jays reached base six times in nine plate appearances with two outs.

Second baseman Rougned Odor was scratched because of right wrist soreness. The Rangers do not believe the injury is serious, but “we weren’t going to take any chances with the way things are going,” Washington said.

Summoned by veterans Elvis Andrus, Adrian Beltre and Alex Rios, the players gathered to discuss the recent onslaught of negative vibrations caused by injuries and losing. The overriding message was relax, do not try to do everything on your own, and trust your teammates to help pick up the slack.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're speaking from hindsight more than anything.

I am speaking sensibly, not from hindsight. It is the protocol that should be followed in all trades, signings or FA acquisitions when talking about contracts of this length and this type of money.

If I went to my banker and ask for 3 million dollars for a 15 year loan to buy a home there would be a complete home inspection done, or there would be no chance