• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Toronto Blue Jays @ the Texas Rangers 5/16 - 5/18

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:.....Don't think we're going to challenge for a WS ring this season. But we have an absolutely wonderful opportunity to see what we've got in all these youngsters you've listed. And maybe more.

Romeo was talking about Jackson being too young, and I'm inclined to agree. But he's 6-2 at Frisco over the past 2 years. If he keeps this up, can't imagine they won't move him up to RR this season. And maybe he'd be a terrific Sept call up this year, just to let him taste the bigs.

If I remember correctly Tepesch came straight from AA and Martinez this year. Not to mention Odor and Sardinas.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That got a lot more exciting than I wanted there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:.....Don't think we're going to challenge for a WS ring this season. But we have an absolutely wonderful opportunity to see what we've got in all these youngsters you've listed. And maybe more.

Romeo was talking about Jackson being too young, and I'm inclined to agree. But he's 6-2 at Frisco over the past 2 years. If he keeps this up, can't imagine they won't move him up to RR this season. And maybe he'd be a terrific Sept call up this year, just to let him taste the bigs.

He's not on the 40 man. With that said, if he has a stellar spring maybe he does get a shot.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good kid, Mitch. Keep it up. Don't bench him Wash!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not on the 40 man. With that said, if he has a stellar spring maybe he does get a shot.

Good point. And we've still gotta see how all our starters pitch until the AS break at least.

Pretty good interview with MM after the game I thought.

And did anyone see MY comments on Odor this morning? He loves this kid. I mean, loves him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either, but good god they needed it.

Yeah.....I got lazy this morning and should have posted my pickups from the DMN. This was one of the subjects which was covered.

Sorry.....I'll get back on track tomorrow.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably overdue, but better late then never. The off day kinda sucks with a little momentum on our side.

Meh. Momentum is only as good as your next pitcher.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to my scout friend. Told me very interesting (irrelevant) news. He's the scout that scouted Trevor Story, the top prospect for Colorado. Story is blocked off right now by tulowitzki. Over the winter, story went over to tulo's house for a week for a vacation or something, came back, and talked to my friend. Apparently, over the offseason, Tulo requested a trade, specifically to the yankees, but listed 4 other teams he'd be willing to go to, us being one of them. He straight up told colorado that this is gonna be his last year there. He wants out. So Story is gonna get his time at short.

Its just interesting because all of this stuff doesnt make news and even guys like Ken Rosenthal don't hear about it. Its news that only insiders know. Just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya, Tulowitzki said this and I quote "I want to be the short stop that replaces Derek Jeter." You guys might not feel like that's interesting, but I thought it was cool haha.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to my scout friend. Told me very interesting (irrelevant) news. He's the scout that scouted Trevor Story, the top prospect for Colorado. Story is blocked off right now by tulowitzki. Over the winter, story went over to tulo's house for a week for a vacation or something, came back, and talked to my friend. Apparently, over the offseason, Tulo requested a trade, specifically to the yankees, but listed 4 other teams he'd be willing to go to, us being one of them. He straight up told colorado that this is gonna be his last year there. He wants out. So Story is gonna get his time at short.

Its just interesting because all of this stuff doesnt make news and even guys like Ken Rosenthal don't hear about it. Its news that only insiders know. Just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

I'm a firm believer that the "inside information" guys like Rosenthal feed us is usually not inside information at all. I'd love to have Tulo, but I just don't see it happening.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya, Tulowitzki said this and I quote "I want to be the short stop that replaces Derek Jeter." You guys might not feel like that's interesting, but I thought it was cool haha.

Tulo is light years better than Jeter ever was.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much find it interesting. Thanks for sharing.