• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Five Rock Bands of All Time?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was going to list my top five

1 Iron Maiden
2 AC/DC
3 Judas Priest
4 Metallica
5 Sabbath

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Mob Rules, the riff on Voodoo is one of my all time favorites...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was going to list my top five

1 Iron Maiden
2 AC/DC
3 Judas Priest
4 Metallica
5 Sabbath

I seen Maiden with Ratt & Accept back in 1986, outside concert, excellent show, we had a keg in my buddies van. Piece of Mind, great album!

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen Maiden with Ratt & Accept back in 1986, outside concert, excellent show, we had a keg in my buddies van. Piece of Mind, great album!

I have seen them numerous times. For my b'day a few months ago my wife got me some pictures of their private airplane she took at the airport. I need to figure out how to upload them off my kindle.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Black Sabbath. Easy choice. If you asked me to name my top 5 albums of all time I must just pick 5 Sabbath albums.
2. Pink Floyd
3. Rush
4. Judas Priest
5. Too tough to call. The top four stand above most other things. Hard to think of another that I'd rank with them. If I could count all Dio's stuff ( Rainbow, Sabbath, and solo) as one band I'd put it here.

Of course this is purely based on my opinion.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Dio Sabbath seems to be a topic, Dehumanizer might be the most underrated Sabbath album.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No particular order, keep in mind that I'm 23 and never been real fond of Guns N Roses, Metalica and Zeplin but if they have something really good that you know of, then give me a link. Any band, as long as it's good I'll check it out.

The Beatles - No brainer honestly, started as the best party band then morphed into a highly creative and lyrical band capable of an incredible range of different types of rock songs. One of the most creative bands of all-time. Albums like Rubber Soul, White Album and Revolver are an alternative fan's dream.

The Pixies - Only recently delved into their discography but they have to be one of the more creative bands ever, they partially influenced every alternative band that came after them with their use of distortion and unconventional song structure.

The Doors - What can you say about the Doors? If Jim Morrison had been born in ancient times he would have been a famous poet or philosopher. I don't say that lightly, this guy was a poet in every sense of the word.

The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil, Family, they made plenty of classics. Not as many as the Beatles but a great band none the less.

Nirvana - You could say they tried to copy the Pixies at times but in the end that doesn't matter. Because Nirvana was a great, great band regardless of their influences. Everyone gets influenced in music, no one makes music they don't like. Kurt Cobain was one of the last great song writers in the rock genre.

Honorable mention: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Incubus

Like I said, I hope people post some links, I never pass on an opportunity to discover more good music. I'm mainly a hip-hop fan but I've been listening to many different genres of music since I was a kid.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No particular order, keep in mind that I'm 23 and never been real fond of Guns N Roses, Metalica and Zeplin but if they have something really good that you know of, then give me a link. Any band, as long as it's good I'll check it out.

The Beatles - No brainer honestly, started as the best party band then morphed into a highly creative and lyrical band capable of an incredible range of different types of rock songs. One of the most creative bands of all-time. Albums like Rubber Soul, White Album and Revolver are an alternative fan's dream.

The Pixies - Only recently delved into their discography but they have to be one of the more creative bands ever, they partially influenced every alternative band that came after them with their use of distortion and unconventional song structure.

The Doors - What can you say about the Doors? If Jim Morrison had been born in ancient times he would have been a famous poet or philosopher. I don't say that lightly, this guy was a poet in every sense of the word.

The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil, Family, they made plenty of classics. Not as many as the Beatles but a great band none the less.

Nirvana - You could say they tried to copy the Pixies at times but in the end that doesn't matter. Because Nirvana was a great, great band regardless of their influences. Everyone gets influenced in music, no one makes music they don't like. Kurt Cobain was one of the last great song writers in the rock genre.

Honorable mention: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Incubus

Like I said, I hope people post some links, I never pass on an opportunity to discover more good music. I'm mainly a hip-hop fan but I've been listening to many different genres of music since I was a kid.

Forgot Jimi Hendrix experience, another true poet.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clash (only band that really matters, after all)
The Beatles
The Who
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pearl Jam

* There's a long list that can take the 4th and 5th spot on a given day, but seeing some of the bands you guys are tossing out there, and seeing that top 5 is more of a suggestion than a rule, I figured I'd go with a couple of my lifetime favorites rather than repost another legendary british group that will be listed several times. The top three will always be on my list though, they are the top 3 rock bands of all time. If you disagree, you're wrong (in my opinion.... of course...)...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this discussion has been had umpteen times here, but sort of fishing for opinions here... I think there's a blatantly obvious four that have to belong in any and every list... Those being in no particular order :

The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
The Who

I seem to have a tough time coming up with a fifth... Who am I missing? Or do you really want to make a case that one of these four don't belong?

Pink Floyd

honorable mention to The Doors

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to follow the norm vote on this:
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
The Who
Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin

These guys have to be the top 5. I do agree with packerzrule with the honorable mention to The Doors

My own personal favs:
Faith No More
Soundgarden
Pink Floyd
Tool
Led Zepplin

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2