• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Five Rock Bands of All Time?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't really thinking of nationality. Just bands that have multiple dozens of hits and large music libraries that are well known...
That's a fair point.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heart. Just watched their video in D.C at the tribute to Led Zeppelin. Man, they put Zeppelin's version of Stairway To Heaven to shame. That was very, very good!

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do the Kinks fit in?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) The Beatles - Great band in the late 50s/early 60s bubblegum era of rock n roll. Who were able to transition very successfully and still be a very prominent band in the late 60s/early 70s when musicians began voicing their opinions/ thoughts via music.

2) Lep - The first (at least in the US) and maybe still the best of the blues n R&B laced rock n roll bands.

3 n 4 for me are interchangeable so.......

Black Sabbath - I'm not a fan of all these different so called genres of rock n rock or heavy metal. Sabbath truly did create a new branch on the rock n roll tree though.

Pink Floyd - At some point in the 70s the shot callers in the Roman Catholic Church tasked whoever it is they task shit with. To collect and bring to them records of every rock n roll band they could get their hands on for purposes of study. The results of said study weren't shocking. Every single band fell into the usual suspects of categories of promoting sex, drugs, devil worship or some combination of the three. Except for one band. Pink Floyd.The RCC simply said about Floyd is that they promoted lunacy. Maybe the RCC is right, but I also believe Floyd is or at least was the most thought provoking band in the rock n roll genre