• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. McDowell screwed himself because he had severe injuries from his actions.
He slid because of his character questions, didnt he? It was a risky pick and we blew it
Makes me wonder if they would even consider taking an even bigger risk at 5

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He slid because of his character questions, didnt he? It was a risky pick and we blew it
Makes me wonder if they would even consider taking an even bigger risk at 5

I don't recall McDowell have character issues but it's certainly possible.

Frank Clark had character issues which is how we got him in the 2nd round. That worked out.

As I said upthread, Carter is going to need to have a really awesome interview.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall McDowell have character issues but it's certainly possible.

Frank Clark had character issues which is how we got him in the 2nd round. That worked out.

As I said upthread, Carter is going to need to have a really awesome interview.

McDowell had maturity and work ethic issues which helped him slide out of the first round. Having horrible interviews at the combine didn't do him any favors either.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 322493

I haven't done a lot of mocks myself, but I'd decided to go through this one. I enjoyed it, and if this were to be something the Hawks ended up with, I'd be happy with that. I didn't go in thinking I'd draft a QB at 1.5 but it fell the way it did. I think the Torrence pick at #20 is probably the most Seahawk pick of the draft.

View attachment 322495

This is the first round.
I'd be happy with that draft.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a perfect world, there are 3 QBs taken before us and we can either take the BPA available or trade down for a king's ransom. Richardson's stock going up helps with that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I see us taking a QB at 5 is if we let geno walk. #5 has to start right away, and Richardson is raw as hell and will need to sit at least a year

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not get the appeal of Richardson... a QB that has basically started one full year and barely threw 50% of completions while being nowhere near the runner Newton/Jackson was..... again, I don't get it... someone explain it to me. "He has all the physical tools" blah blah blah.. so do a lot of other QBs that don't need to be drafted in the top 10 let alone top 100... guy has Malik Willis written all over him.

I would actually be shocked if Richardson is drafted in the 1st let alone 2nd round.. I know there are a lot of QB desperate teams, but any team that draft him in the 1st (including the Seahawks) gets an auto F grade from me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not get the appeal of Richardson... a QB that has basically started one full year and barely threw 50% of completions while being nowhere near the runner Newton/Jackson was..... again, I don't get it... someone explain it to me. "He has all the physical tools" blah blah blah.. so do a lot of other QBs that don't need to be drafted in the top 10 let alone top 100... guy has Malik Willis written all over him.

I would actually be shocked if Richardson is drafted in the 1st let alone 2nd round.. I know there are a lot of QB desperate teams, but any team that draft him in the 1st (including the Seahawks) gets an auto F grade from me.
Total bogus comparison, Willis is a small guy who claims to be 6'1 but IDK about that because like RW Wilis refuses to throw to the middle of the field, he is a marginal third-round draft pick. Richardson 6'4 249 he'll go top 10 in the 1st round, he's bigger, stronger, faster, and has a much better arm. Obviously, accuracy is a big flaw for Richardson but a lot of that appears to be careless or lazy pass attempts on passes that should be a layup type pass, that should be fixable. Willis and Richardson have absolutely nothing in common.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total bogus comparison, Willis is a small guy who claims to be 6'1 but IDK about that because like RW Wilis refuses to throw to the middle of the field, he is a marginal third-round draft pick. Richardson 6'4 249 he'll go top 10 in the 1st round, he's bigger, stronger, faster, and has a much better arm. Obviously, accuracy is a big flaw for Richardson but a lot of that appears to be careless or lazy pass attempts on passes that should be a layup type pass, that should be fixable.

I can bold all day too, Harold.. and everyone considered Tebow and Russell 'fixable'.

Want to tell me why again he should be a 1st round pick? I don't care about how strong his arm is... if some dork can chuck it 200 yards I could give two flying fucks, because that's not what makes you successful in the NFL. It's an arm that has touch and the ability to deliver the ball to your other playmakers on the team, which Richardson has shown ZERO ability to do.

6'4" 250... who the fuck cares? Actually I take it back, Mailk Willis is NOT his comparison... I was wrong. It was FATASS Jamarcus Russell, the biggest bust and one of the most terribly accurate QBs (despite Richardson's STRONG arm you mention, for what, jacking off?) in NFL history that Richardson compares to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can bold all day too, Harold.. and everyone considered Tebow and Russell 'fixable'.

Want to tell me why again he should be a 1st round pick? I don't care about how strong his arm is... if some dork can chuck it 200 yards I could give two flying fucks, because that's not what makes you successful in the NFL. It's an arm that has touch and the ability to deliver the ball to your other playmakers on the team, which Richardson has shown ZERO ability to do.

6'4" 250... who the fuck cares? Actually I take it back, Mailk Willis is NOT his comparison... I was wrong. It was FATASS Jamarcus Russell, the biggest bust and one of the most terribly accurate QBs (despite Richardson's STRONG arm you mention, for what, jacking off?) in NFL history.
In fact, Jamarcus Russel would be by far a better comparison, except that Richardson seems more motivated, more intelligent, and has it more together. He's killing it in interviews with coaches and scouting personnel.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, Jamarcus Russel would be by far a better comparison, except that Richardson seems more motivated, more intelligent, and has it more together. He's killing it in interviews with coaches and scouting personnel.

I still don't get it.. even that fatass JaWalrus completed almost 70% of his passes his final year and at least was throwing 60s before.

I do not get this love at all with Anthony Richardson. I think it's complete media hype, interviewed well... blah blah blah.. I'll be grading anyone an F who drafts him prior to the 3rd round.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell he's listening to his agent. Just wonder if that will translate to him listening to his coaches.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell he's listening to his agent. Just wonder if that will translate to him listening to his coaches.
Have not heard anything that indicates he doesn’t listen to the coaches.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not heard anything that indicates he doesn’t listen to the coaches.
I don't watch college football, but one analyst said his footwork and mechanics got sloppier as last season went on.

That would be a bad sign if true. Maybe he doesn't have the intestinal stamina to sustain real progress.

I think he'll be drafted high, throw a ton of INTs and lose a lot of games his first season, but have some spectacular plays. What happens Year 2 depends on who he is inside.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 2020 and 2021 seasons of college ball was messed up because of the pandemic, these QB's needed to show up this year and none of them did and did not repeat or improve on what they did before, many regressed. I don't think there is a top 10 worthy QB in this class but the position is so over valued it gets these guys drafted way to high.

In this class im taking a QB in the 3rd or 4th round and he will have the level of talent as these top round picks. I think McKee could be there and i know O'Connell will be there, Then you have Tune and even the short guy Haener but his size worries me. Sign lock to a 2 year deal, sign one of those guys and use your 4 picks in the 1st and 2nd to further improve the team and defense. Hell turn those 4 picks into 6 picks with in the first two rounds but avoid QB's till the 3rd.

This draft needs to be big on starter level talent to jump start this rebuild. Need another group as good or better than last years.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tyree Wilson and Will Anderson (I’m not even discussing Jalen Carter any more, especially after this latest development) don’t have anywhere near his impact potential. They are not the next Bosa, Garrett or Miller.

Good players they might be — yet I find it strange that they seem to have taken on a reputation that precedes them, while people rush to diminish the freaky quarterbacks we’re talking about here. It’s almost as if there’s this phobia surrounding the most important position in the sport. A fear of making a bad decision — preventing any level of excitement about the opportunity in this draft to select possible greatness.

There’s almost an over-the-top loyalty to Geno Smith too. He deserves credit for his 2022 season but not necessarily the keys to the franchise with no future planning at quarterback. Plus, last time I checked — he isn’t under contract in Seattle. Not yet anyway.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 2020 and 2021 seasons of college ball was messed up because of the pandemic, these QB's needed to show up this year and none of them did and did not repeat or improve on what they did before, many regressed. I don't think there is a top 10 worthy QB in this class but the position is so over valued it gets these guys drafted way to high.

In this class im taking a QB in the 3rd or 4th round and he will have the level of talent as these top round picks. I think McKee could be there and i know O'Connell will be there, Then you have Tune and even the short guy Haener but his size worries me. Sign lock to a 2 year deal, sign one of those guys and use your 4 picks in the 1st and 2nd to further improve the team and defense. Hell turn those 4 picks into 6 picks with in the first two rounds but avoid QB's till the 3rd.

This draft needs to be big on starter level talent to jump start this rebuild. Need another group as good or better than last years.
im 100% in the trade down and collect picks for next year camp. if richardson is there at 5, some dumbass team will give us their future 1st.