• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes it to 5 do we take him? Not sure honestly. Id take him at 20 no question, but I doubt he falls that far even with this hanging over him
Even before this, there have been questions about his maturity and character. I don't think the Seahawks gamble on him with the #5 pick and someone will draft him before pick #20 surely.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the report I think Carter could be in serious trouble

1677700338254.png

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's just going to be 2 misdemeanors at this time...
Really? Left a scene of an accident where someone died. 2:30 AM and the guy that died was way over the legal limit, I suspect Cater was drunk also but may not be able to show that. I suspect more charges are coming.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Left a scene of an accident where someone died. 2:30 AM and the guy that died was way over the legal limit, I suspect Cater was drunk also but may not be able to show that. I suspect more charges are coming.
Could be... It's coming out now that he wasn't the one driving his car...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I believed it...

Thing is do you want someone on "your" team that plays games with the justice system to save their own butt? Selfish, reckless and irresponsible people whose actions caused the death of someone don't deserver to play in the NFL. Someone that most likely offered another person a BIG pay day to take the blame.

yes we don't know the whole story but this is not a game this is someone's life. Why should he get a pass when most of us "normal" people wouldn't just because he is a great football player?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carter case may take time to work through the courts, months most likely. It will knock him out of the top 5 and the top 5 picks are now going to get shuffled most likely. I'm thinking the Cardinals will be looking to trade down with a team looking for a QB. That puts a different light on the 5th pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is do you want someone on "your" team that plays games with the justice system to save their own butt? Selfish, reckless and irresponsible people whose actions caused the death of someone don't deserver to play in the NFL. Someone that most likely offered another person a BIG pay day to take the blame.

yes we don't know the whole story but this is not a game this is someone's life. Why should he get a pass when most of us "normal" people wouldn't just because he is a great football player?
Maybe let's get some more details before passing judgment

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miller: There continues to be serious talk among NFL personnel people that Will Levis could be the first quarterback off the board, depending on which team ultimately ends up with the first overall pick should the Chicago Bears make a trade. Levis had an up-and-down season (19 touchdown passes, 10 interceptions), but his arm talent, mobility and toughness are boosting his draft stock. Many evaluators believe that he was held back a bit by multiple coordinator changes at Kentucky, too.

Kiper: If you read my mock draft earlier this week, you probably have a feeling which way I'm leaning here. My prediction is that the combine sets the table for Iowa State edge rusher Will McDonald IV to be drafted higher than Tyree Wilson. I'm a big fan of McDonald's tape -- I projected him at No. 8 to Atlanta -- and as Jordan mentioned, Wilson's foot injury means his ability to work out for teams before the draft will be limited.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good sign for the Richardson haters here:

1677798564686.png

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kids today in the combine ran better than I expected. Lots of good speed in this class of LB/DE/DT's

Makes you think that this is a product of how spread college offenses are now. These guys were flying today.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Seattle is looking to take him first round, I sure hope it's with #20. He's gonna need to either sit for a year or 2 Aaron Rodgers style, or the offense will have to be completely handcuffed with his growing pains. I'm not turned off by his inexperience or inaccuracy, but I wouldn't look to take him early in the first. If he's gone before 20, then he's gone before 20. Let someone else rush him onto the field and watch him and his team implode with the pressure he'll be under to perform immediately.

Reactions: MrS