• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady sent letter to HoF committee on Dolphins' Jason Taylor's behalf

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about Kenny Easley in the HOF?
I already mentioned in other threads. He's the only one I agreed with from this class. Too bad Seattle did him a dirty.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry....I personally think that Tomlinson was a quitter and I don't think he belongs in the HOF. The most vibrant memory I have of LT was him sitting on the bench against the Patriots in his last playoff game. Not one team mate ever even stopped by to talk to him. After the commentators said they thought he may be injured, the last shot of him was a shot from behind as he ran off the field toward the locker room. For me, every positive thing about him was gone after that game.

Like I said, it's my personal opinion and I'm not asking anyone to agree with me or to argue on his behalf.

That may be true, but he is a Hall of Fame talent.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't think of another player in history that I started out hating with a burning passion only to have him grow on me more and more as time goes on. Really, I actually like the sumbitch these days.

It's just a shame that he's played his entire career in New England. Boston fans make it impossible to pull for their teams.

That's funny, being you're sporting a Johnny Rocker avi.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny, being you're sporting a Johnny Rocker avi.

What's funny about that?

Yeah, John Rocker triggered a lot of weak minded people when he spoke the truth, but he's still my second favorite all time player behind Chipper.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry....I personally think that Tomlinson was a quitter and I don't think he belongs in the HOF. The most vibrant memory I have of LT was him sitting on the bench against the Patriots in his last playoff game. Not one team mate ever even stopped by to talk to him. After the commentators said they thought he may be injured, the last shot of him was a shot from behind as he ran off the field toward the locker room. For me, every positive thing about him was gone after that game.

Like I said, it's my personal opinion and I'm not asking anyone to agree with me or to argue on his behalf.

Yeah, but he is a classy, and humble guy. Just ask him.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we just need a proven miracle and Brady's canonized.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny about that?

Yeah, John Rocker triggered a lot of weak minded people when he spoke the truth, but he's still my second favorite all time player behind Chipper.

Calling a black teammate "fat monkey", probably wasn't a wise career choice.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling a black teammate "fat monkey", probably wasn't a wise career choice.

Randall Simon was from Curacao, so a Hispanic. And in hindsight, maybe the word monkey was a poor choice because the weak minded are easily offended, but it wasn't meant as racial, it pretty much meant he was wasting a roster spot, and he was.

And everything he said about New York City was the true blue gospel.

But anyway, what does me being a fan of John Rocker have to do with me going from hating Tom Brady to somewhat liking him?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randall Simon was from Curacao, so a Hispanic. And in hindsight, maybe the word monkey was a poor choice because the weak minded are easily offended, but it wasn't meant as racial, it pretty much meant he was wasting a roster spot, and he was.

And everything he said about New York City was the true blue gospel.

But anyway, what does me being a fan of John Rocker have to do with me going from hating Tom Brady to somewhat liking him?

It shows your poor taste overall, thereby negating your moving towards liking Tom.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shows your poor taste overall, thereby negating your moving towards liking Tom.

People that start hating athletes of something controversial they said are among the most retarded people in the world IMO.

John Rocker was a Brave, a good player while he was here, spoke his mind, and is a local product. Sorry he doesn't have a voice fit for NAMBLA like your boy Brady, princess.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that start hating athletes of something controversial they said are among the most retarded people in the world IMO.

John Rocker was a Brave, a good player while he was here, spoke his mind, and is a local product. Sorry he doesn't have a voice fit for NAMBLA like your boy Brady, princess.

I always liked Andruw Jones, Maddux ,Smoltz and Glavine

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Andruw Jones, Maddux ,Smoltz and Glavine

Of that group, Smoltz is my favorite of the bunch. Great announcer too, wish he was still announcing the Braves games. Tom Glavine just lacks a personality.

Andruw will always be a big what if for me. He just got lazier and fatter the older he got. From his rookie year, until his last year in Atlanta, I bet he gained 50 pounds and his range in CF had taken a big hit for it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of that group, Smoltz is my favorite of the bunch. Great announcer too, wish he was still announcing the Braves games. Tom Glavine just lacks a personality.

Andruw will always be a big what if for me. He just got lazier and fatter the older he got. From his rookie year, until his last year in Atlanta, I bet he gained 50 pounds and his range in CF had taken a big hit for it.

Mine was Gred Maddux just a baby faced killer on the mound. Reminded me of that actor Matthew Broderick, for some reason

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never did care for Jeter. Was always biased and thought Chipper was by far the better player, but got a fraction of the attention until he announced his retirement.

Plus that stupid play where he dives into the stands 10 feet after catching a popup is one of the most overrated plays in MLB history IMO. Every time I watch it, my only thought is "Omar Vizquel is slowing down to a trot when he makes that catch."

Jeter grew on me some too, but he was no Nomar. And you're right -- he was no Chippah. Chipper Jones. That kid was born to play baseball.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter grew on me some too, but he was no Nomar. And you're right -- he was no Chippah. Chipper Jones. That kid was born to play baseball.

Fuck Nomar that crooked nose sellout. Jeter epitomized the Yankees. was low key and did his job

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT 11 years, 145 rushing TDs, 13k yards, 17 receiving TDs. He was a workhorse hardly missed any time. He has a handful of individual achievements. No SBs. Not sure I'd want him as a team mate. He threw plenty of them under the bus during his career. I personally don't like him. But his numbers are hall worthy.
Warner meh. I like him. Good team mate but he's currently high 30s to mid 40 in yards, TDs not sure that's an easy pick. Definite competitor with all he's gone through in his lifetime.

Tough to evaluate Warner on gross stats when his path to starting in the NFL took until he was 28 by the time he got his break with the '99 Rams. He took two struggling franchises to 3 super bowls, and was within seconds of winning all three. The Cardinals had ONE playoff game in their franchise history before he became their starter.

LT was a "leave it all on the field" player. If you weren't going to play like your life depended on it, he might out you for that. I don't think that necessarily makes him a bad teammate, instead he revealed the bad teammates to the public. The Chargers front office was as much to blame for no super bowls than anyone IMO. Firing him after two playoff seasons (and disappointing losses) as his coaching staff was gutted for advancement opportunities (Cam Cameron, Wade Phillips, Chudzinski and Manusky all in one year) was a terrible decision that also alienated a lot of the players, including LT.

I'm of the opinion that most MVPs are typically going to end up HOFers, especially those that have consistently great performance over a strong portion of their career.