• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady sent letter to HoF committee on Dolphins' Jason Taylor's behalf

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jerry is a worse pick than Taylor.
You won't get an argument from me. I'm not impressed with any of the selectees. It's starting to look more like an all star vote, personality driven. Sure numbers are subjective depending on era, longevity, position...
There is no 100% cut and dry selection criteria. But the hall is starting to get watered down.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lady in tree and old cat cross the street, that's a first
Jokes are going over to well today. I'll start lol'ing or smiley facing my sarcastic posts:D

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokes are going over to well today. I'll start lol'ing or smiley facing my sarcastic posts:D

it was funny. Now go home and get your f$&*$ing shinebox!!!:suds:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't get an argument from me. I'm not impressed with any of the selectees. It's starting to look more like an all star vote, personality driven. Sure numbers are subjective depending on era, longevity, position...
There is no 100% cut and dry selection criteria. But the hall is starting to get watered down.

To me, Warner and Tomlinson were easy picks, but anything after was up in the air. TO should've been in though (but that's already been argued elsewhere, lol).

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't think of another player in history that I started out hating with a burning passion only to have him grow on me more and more as time goes on. Really, I actually like the sumbitch these days.

It's just a shame that he's played his entire career in New England. Boston fans make it impossible to pull for their teams.
DTpBQ3K.jpg

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't think of another player in history that I started out hating with a burning passion only to have him grow on me more and more as time goes on. Really, I actually like the sumbitch these days.

It's just a shame that he's played his entire career in New England. Boston fans make it impossible to pull for their teams.
Felt that way about Jeter.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt that way about Jeter.

I never did care for Jeter. Was always biased and thought Chipper was by far the better player, but got a fraction of the attention until he announced his retirement.

Plus that stupid play where he dives into the stands 10 feet after catching a popup is one of the most overrated plays in MLB history IMO. Every time I watch it, my only thought is "Omar Vizquel is slowing down to a trot when he makes that catch."

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never did care for Jeter. Was always biased and thought Chipper was by far the better player, but got a fraction of the attention until he announced his retirement.

Plus that stupid play where he dives into the stands 10 feet after catching a popup is one of the most overrated plays in MLB history IMO. Every time I watch it, my only thought is "Omar Vizquel is slowing down to a trot when he makes that catch."
I think Chipper was easily the better player. My hate started because I thought Nomar was better in the late 90s, then once Nomar left and Jeter continued being really well while he faded, I gave up.

Yes that is an overrated play, against the Red Sox, I remember. Reminds me of the Jim Edmonds diving backwards catch. Amazing play, but like Vizquel to Jeter, Andruw Jones is camped under that for a routine catch.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, Chipper was better than Jeter. But New York market and Atlanta market.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chipper was easily the better player. My hate started because I thought Nomar was better in the late 90s, then once Nomar left and Jeter continued being really well while he faded, I gave up.

Yes that is an overrated play, against the Red Sox, I remember. Reminds me of the Jim Edmonds diving backwards catch. Amazing play, but like Vizquel to Jeter, Andruw Jones is camped under that for a routine catch.
Hey fockers this is an NFL HOF thread:D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was funny. Now go home and get your f$&*$ing shinebox!!!:suds:
Do you have any connections for polish? I'm out. Do you know how hard it is to find polish now a days?

While we're at it. What's the difference between a Polish dog and a polish dog? Parkway/driveway...

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if I recall correctly, Pokey Reese(whatever happened to that guy?) made a similar play for the Red Sox during the game.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have any connections for polish? I'm out. Do you know how hard it is to find polish now a days?

While we're at it. What's the difference between a Polish dog and a polish dog? Parkway/driveway...

Yeah I do actually I have a few great joints around here. Also would look in Chicago over 3 million Poles there. Kielbasa, golabki, pierogis etc. About 45 min from here in Worcester Ma they make it fresh, and also in New Britain CT about 2 hrs but pick up 15 min away when I'm lazy

Stores - Polish Plate

andysdeli.com

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Warner and Tomlinson were easy picks, but anything after was up in the air. TO should've been in though (but that's already been argued elsewhere, lol).
LT 11 years, 145 rushing TDs, 13k yards, 17 receiving TDs. He was a workhorse hardly missed any time. He has a handful of individual achievements. No SBs. Not sure I'd want him as a team mate. He threw plenty of them under the bus during his career. I personally don't like him. But his numbers are hall worthy.
Warner meh. I like him. Good team mate but he's currently high 30s to mid 40 in yards, TDs not sure that's an easy pick. Definite competitor with all he's gone through in his lifetime.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I do actually I have a few great joints around here. Also would look in Chicago over 3 million Poles there. Kielbasa, golabki, pierogis etc. About 45 min from here in Worcester Ma they make it fresh, and also in New Britain CT about 2 hrs but pick up 15 min away when I'm lazy

Stores - Polish Plate

andysdeli.com
I forgot my smiley face, lol.
I was joking again. Polish as in shoe polish is hard to find now a days. :D
Then it was a failed attempt at humor. Polish with a capitol "P" verse polish with a lower case "p".:D
But a nice Polish dog does sound good right now. Thanks for the tips.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot my smiley face, lol.
I was joking again. Polish as in shoe polish is hard to find now a days. :D
Then it was a failed attempt at humor. Polish with a capitol "P" verse polish with a lower case "p".:D
But a nice Polish dog does sound good right now. Thanks for the tips.

I just shipped one out UPS can an eye out
shinebox-print-web.jpg

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry....I personally think that Tomlinson was a quitter and I don't think he belongs in the HOF. The most vibrant memory I have of LT was him sitting on the bench against the Patriots in his last playoff game. Not one team mate ever even stopped by to talk to him. After the commentators said they thought he may be injured, the last shot of him was a shot from behind as he ran off the field toward the locker room. For me, every positive thing about him was gone after that game.

Like I said, it's my personal opinion and I'm not asking anyone to agree with me or to argue on his behalf.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry....I personally think that Tomlinson was a quitter and I don't think he belongs in the HOF. The most vibrant memory I have of LT was him sitting on the bench against the Patriots in his last playoff game. Not one team mate ever even stopped by to talk to him. After the commentators said they thought he may be injured, the last shot of him was a shot from behind as he ran off the field toward the locker room. For me, every positive thing about him was gone after that game.

Like I said, it's my personal opinion and I'm not asking anyone to agree with me or to argue on his behalf.
Yep, like I said I wouldn't want him as a team mate. Too many personality issues. He was like a Cam Newton beta version.