• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady sent letter to HoF committee on Dolphins' Jason Taylor's behalf

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry....I personally think that Tomlinson was a quitter and I don't think he belongs in the HOF. The most vibrant memory I have of LT was him sitting on the bench against the Patriots in his last playoff game. Not one team mate ever even stopped by to talk to him. After the commentators said they thought he may be injured, the last shot of him was a shot from behind as he ran off the field toward the locker room. For me, every positive thing about him was gone after that game.

Like I said, it's my personal opinion and I'm not asking anyone to agree with me or to argue on his behalf.

He sprained his MCL during the Colts game. He tried to play through it, but ultimately couldn't.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to evaluate Warner on gross stats when his path to starting in the NFL took until he was 28 by the time he got his break with the '99 Rams. He took two struggling franchises to 3 super bowls, and was within seconds of winning all three. The Cardinals had ONE playoff game in their franchise history before he became their starter.

LT was a "leave it all on the field" player. If you weren't going to play like your life depended on it, he might out you for that. I don't think that necessarily makes him a bad teammate, instead he revealed the bad teammates to the public. The Chargers front office was as much to blame for no super bowls than anyone IMO. Firing him after two playoff seasons (and disappointing losses) as his coaching staff was gutted for advancement opportunities (Cam Cameron, Wade Phillips, Chudzinski and Manusky all in one year) was a terrible decision that also alienated a lot of the players, including LT.

I'm of the opinion that most MVPs are typically going to end up HOFers, especially those that have consistently great performance over a strong portion of their career.

I have no problem with LT being in the hall of fame.
He should have an * for being a bitch*

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that start hating athletes of something controversial they said are among the most retarded people in the world IMO.

John Rocker was a Brave, a good player while he was here, spoke his mind, and is a local product. Sorry he doesn't have a voice fit for NAMBLA like your boy Brady, princess.

Johnny Rocker, people see him and say "there goes a racist, steroid raging douche"

Tom Brady, people see him and say "There goes the best there has ever been"

Almost exactly the same.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Rocker, people see him and say "there goes a racist, steroid raging douche"

Tom Brady, people see him and say "There goes the best there has ever been"

Almost exactly the same.

Maybe some bleeding heart libs that see racism in literally everything would call Rocker a racist, but anyone that isn't retarded wouldn't say that. Steroid raging douche, maybe, but that's part of why I like him.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some bleeding heart libs that see racism in literally everything would call Rocker a racist, but anyone that isn't retarded wouldn't say that. Steroid raging douche, maybe, but that's part of why I like him.

No idea, I'm a staunch "Originalist" conservative.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea, I'm a staunch "Originalist" conservative.

Well in that case, quit being a crybaby and looking for an argument in every post and maybe you won't get confused for the bleeding heart type.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Taylor was a very nice player. Would've loved to have him on NE. But HOF???

Why not? Your boy Brady seems to believe so. Offensive players with the same resume seemingly get in all the time. It's actually a good sign that a defensive player with 'only' 3 All Pro seasons and 'only' 1 DPOY award get their due. His running mate in Zach Thomas should also be in the Hall....they are both deserved AFAIC.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in that case, quit being a crybaby and looking for an argument in every post and maybe you won't get confused for the bleeding heart type.

Stop assuming everything is an argument.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Your boy Brady seems to believe so. Offensive players with the same resume seemingly get in all the time. It's actually a good sign that a defensive player with 'only' 3 All Pro seasons and 'only' 1 DPOY award get their due. His running mate in Zach Thomas should also be in the Hall....they are both deserved AFAIC.
When you compare him to guys who haven't made the hall like, John Abraham or Leslie O'Niel... thar have similiar or better #s playing in 40 or so games less I don't feel he should've made it over guys like that.
He was another work horse, good team mate but to me the #s don't add up when compared to like players during the same era. Standing alone sure he has numbers that are hall acceptable. I just don't like that the hall has become more of a popularity contest verse #s accomplished.
Personally I could care less what Brady thinks. It was a nice gesture on his part sending the letter. But like his political opinion, I don't care one way or the other. Nor do I care which NE players go to the White house. I root for them because they play for my team, not their religion, political beliefs or sexual preference. As long as they show up Sunday ready do whatever they want. The golden rule.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you compare him to guys who haven't made the hall like, John Abraham or Leslie O'Niel... thar have similiar or better #s playing in 40 or so games less I don't feel he should've made it over guys like that.

Taylor has more 1st team All Pro selections than both those guys combined, as well as a Defensive Player Of The Year award to boot. If those are guys who you believe should be in the Hall (not saying they do or not) then Taylor's induction is most certainly valid.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor has more 1st team All Pro selections than both those guys combined, as well as a Defensive Player Of The Year award to boot. If those are guys who you believe should be in the Hall (not saying they do or not) then Taylor's induction is most certainly valid.
Look at their tackles, sacks # of games played... All por, pro bowl, DPOY fall into the subjective popularity controversies. It's not quite MLB all star level yet but it's getting there. Especially the pro bowl considering how many players don't actually attend anyway.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at their tackles, sacks # of games played... All por, pro bowl, DPOY fall into the subjective popularity controversies. It's not quite MLB all star level yet but it's getting there. Especially the pro bowl considering how many players don't actually attend anyway.

Sure. Did they run more/less towards Taylor? Did they double/chip block Taylor moreso? Lots of stats can be tabulated with those situations. There is nothing in the books that says they outright did this more with Abraham or O'Neal. I have no issue with either of those guys going into the HOF as per the standards that have been established, but it shouldn't come at the expense of Jason Taylor.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Did they run more/less towards Taylor? Did they double/chip block Taylor moreso? Lots of stats can be tabulated with those situations. There is nothing in the books that says they outright did this more with Abraham or O'Neal. I have no issue with either of those guys going into the HOF as per the standards that have been established, but it shouldn't come at the expense of Jason Taylor.
When I started into this thread I said in my opinion and a lot is baesd on subjectivity. Doesn't make it right or wrong. It is what it is. Ok well at least we agree their are other players just or more as deserving who haven't been voted in.:suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you hate 'Murica?

I do if he gives me Mia Hamm for 20 min i'll be ok. He used to drive me crazy with his glove play before every swing, Pedroia is a little much too. I like Big papi who just spits into his gloves and swings, not the strap the velcro, unstrap it, strap it etc etc. Plus I like loyal people unless the org did them wrong, or the $$$ is much better, can't blame a guy for taking care of his family

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How is it people keep misspelling this dude's name?

T*m Brady*

It's not that hard to spell.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it people keep misspelling this dude's name?

T*m Brady*

It's not that hard to spell.

Right? Only 5 time and 4 MVP SB winnining QB in history, think posters would know. They should stickum to what they know

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did say the biggest thing he dislikes about New York are the foreigners.

He was a thin-skinned whiner.