• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Nebraska vs. Miami Game Thread

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really want to lose faith in humanity, go search for the tweets at @NickRozay23 right now. Feel bad for him, even though he does play for Texass.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texas fans are super happy with Watson right now fwiw lol

And TA is indeed playing far above and beyond where he was at last year

Agreed...TA is doing far better than I expected in this new offense. Still telegraphing a little too much, but getting better, and I liked that he didn't run immediately, but when his receivers were covered he did run and get some huge first downs....I think the coaches had him scared to run at first since he was so timid the first two games...

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 45% it Nebraska fans left the fucking game with 12 mins left
To be fair, most of the Nebraska fans do this no matter what. It could be 5 min to go in a tie game and they're gone. I don't get it, but that's just how it always is.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things:

1. We suck because we have no talent. Our LBs are mediocre at best outside of Young and he's a true frosh.

2. Greg FatMullen weighing over 300 lbs really screwed us. That fat slob is the only scholarship DE we have and he spent his whole summer in Youngstown Ohio and takes nearly every play off. Id love to see what Atlas Stoltenberg could do there..

3. Our OL is the best example of point 1. Nick Gates is far and away our best OL and is a freshman. Time to play the young pups on the line and let em rip

All said, I believe the RileDog will get us there once he gets the talent in

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we came back from 33-10 down in the 4th quarter.

It's honestly hard to imagine it even after watching it actually happen.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg MackMuffin is my least favourite Husker of all time.

He quit on his team and ate his way out of being effective because he knows he still has to play

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we came back from 33-10 down in the 4th quarter.

It's honestly hard to imagine it even after watching it actually happen.

It's so crazy really...My uncle when we went for it on 4th down before we got the first TD on our comeback was wanting us to "try" a field goal to make the score look better....I was like hell no, you try and win the game until the final whistle blows....

Has a Husker team ever come back that far down with so little time left??? 23 points in around 8 minutes is fucking unreal....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA just snuck out a 1 point win over BYU in the final seconds

:tsk:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys Newby needs to man up a little bit.

He's got all the tools to be great and he just hesitates way too much. He's scared to take a big hit and it costs him a ton of yards and forces Tommy to have to make insane plays through the air to sustain drives.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the void that Abdullah left is huge.

It's amazing now to look back at what Ameer seriously did for us. So many games he just busted tackles and juked LB's and DB's out of their shoes in order to make up for our piss poor OL play.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just have a boat load of issues currently. Our secondary isn't even a concern to me right now.

Play up front on both sides of the ball has to be better or it's just going to be a circus all season long like this.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just have a boat load of issues currently. Our secondary isn't even a concern to me right now.

Play up front on both sides of the ball has to be better or it's just going to be a circus all season long like this.

Really? I think we are actually better so far in the trenches. Not great, but definitely better than where we were the last few seasons. Run defense so far is better (maybe we just haven't played any run happy teams) but our secondary is just atrocious.....to be last in the the NCAA given the teams we've played against the pass, not good, not good at all....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I think we are actually better so far in the trenches. Not great, but definitely better than where we were the last few seasons. Run defense so far is better (maybe we just haven't played any run happy teams) but our secondary is just atrocious.....to be last in the the NCAA given the teams we've played against the pass, not good, not good at all....

Got to have a pass rush though if you're going to have a good pass D.

I mean Offensively it's really awful up front. Tommy had to scramble outside of the pocket 90% of the time because there was no pocket 90% of the time.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to have a pass rush though if you're going to have a good pass D.

I mean Offensively it's really awful up front. Tommy had to scramble outside of the pocket 90% of the time because there was no pocket 90% of the time.

True...it's always a fine line between the line getting enough pressure and the secondary blowing coverage....rather than assign blame to either unit, lets say I think they both coequally share the truth they need to do better....

Although, no pass rush is going to prevent a quick 10 yard slant from becoming a TD...