• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Nebraska vs. Miami Game Thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just don't have the guys. Nearly a third of our travel roster down to Miami was walk-ons. The cupboard won't get filled in one offseason.

I'm fine with being realistic. And it is realistic to lose both of these non cons. We all knew it could happen.

If the procedural shit doesn't improve, the run D continues to get gashed, and the DB's keep getting beat I just don't know how much to attribute to coaching or skill gap.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is the point. A special teams player from a year ago was the make or break this season. We do not have the horses. The cupboard is not as stocked as it was for the last guy. Especially after he poisoned the remaining players who felt some loyalty to him with his petulant rant after he was fired. Dude has no class.

If that's the case then those kids need to move on. That shit is so far in the past now that what he said to those kids really doesn't matter anymore. It appears to me however that you need to move on.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Bama is in the same spot right now that we were today. The exact same spot.

Is Ole Piss that much better than Miami?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with being realistic. And it is realistic to lose both of these non cons. We all knew it could happen.

If the procedural shit doesn't improve, the run D continues to get gashed, and the DB's keep getting beat I just don't know how much to attribute to coaching or skill gap.
Yeah, there's for sure stuff that HAS to be fixed. That's something that needs to be looked at in week 6-7 though. The issues that we have won't just evaporate. Lewis isn't going to just all of a sudden stop being a blockhead and getting dumb penalties at bad times. Procedural stuff in our first road game isn't shocking. Now, if it's still happening in the 2nd or 3rd road game, then it might be time to start getting pretty upset. We just need some time, and like I said, maybe that's a whole season. I hope not, but it might be.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Bama is in the same spot right now that we were today. The exact same spot.

Talent-wise? No. Don't know enough about Freeze to say whether he's better than Golden or not, but I would guess he is.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunaly yes, Miami will run out and get their ass handed to them in the near future to really rub it in

Disregard if rhetorical

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:facepalm:

Seriously, despite the derogatory "ole piss" is your frame of reference as a college football fan saying that a team that used to be shitty will always be shitty and a team that once was great will always be great???

If you don't think there is a serious talent gap between Ole Miss and Miami right now you are full on drunk or mentally challenged....

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't want to hear concessions, I don't want to hear "I thought we did 'this' or 'that' really well". Y'all fuckin' lost. It was a collective fuck up.

The procedural shit bothers me more than anything.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's for sure stuff that HAS to be fixed. That's something that needs to be looked at in week 6-7 though. The issues that we have won't just evaporate. Lewis isn't going to just all of a sudden stop being a blockhead and getting dumb penalties at bad times. Procedural stuff in our first road game isn't shocking. Now, if it's still happening in the 2nd or 3rd road game, then it might be time to start getting pretty upset. We just need some time, and like I said, maybe that's a whole season. I hope not, but it might be.

We had too much of the same procedural penalties the BYU game at home so you can't say it's only a first game road issue...

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, despite the derogatory "ole piss" is your frame of reference as a college football fan saying that a team that used to be shitty will always be shitty and a team that once was great will always be great???

If you don't think there is a serious talent gap between Ole Miss and Miami right now you are full on drunk or mentally challenged....
In the last 3 years, Miami has outrecruited Ole Miss in 2 of them. So I'd guess there isn't a very big talent gap.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO Miami is the real fuckin' deal. Kaaya, their DB's...

Their lines surprised me. Especially OL

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game ever with a new system?

Ok, so that is a wash, as is the first road game....can we put you in for being ok with first B1G game both home and away with a new system as ok for the procedural issues? ;)

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positive for me about today is I get to change my avi tomorrow. If we improve down the stretch this year that will be a huge upgrade something I haven't seen in many years, and I'll be happy with that alone

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so that is a wash, as is the first road game....can we put you in for being ok with first B1G game both home and away with a new system as ok for the procedural issues? ;)
Not at all haha. If it doesn't get ironed out, it's a problem. However, I just don't think it's surprising that it's been an issue thus far. The further on we get, the less okay it becomes.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 3 years, Miami has outrecruited Ole Miss in 2 of them. So I'd guess there isn't a very big talent gap.

Who gives a flying fuck about who "outrecruited" who in fucking ranking high school fucking scmucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't give a fuck if Miami is "supposed" to have better players....they clearly are NOT FUCKING better players than what Ole Miss is fielding......I love you guys that have the time and dedication to track who all the good high school guys might be, but it's even more hit and miss than what the professional sports do with their number 1 draft picks....sometimes a talent is so obvious but most of these stupid ratings are just a bunch of bullshit for people to do in the offseason....