• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Nebraska vs. Miami Game Thread

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a flying fuck about who "outrecruited" who in fucking ranking high school fucking scmucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't give a fuck if Miami is "supposed" to have better players....they clearly are NOT FUCKING better players than what Ole Miss is fielding......I love you guys that have the time and dedication to track who all the good high school guys might be, but it's even more hit and miss than what the professional sports do with their number 1 draft picks....sometimes a talent is so obvious but most of these stupid ratings are just a bunch of bullshit for people to do in the offseason....
Except that there is a pretty clear correlation between recruiting rankings and results on the field. Of course there are outliers (Texas, Kansas State), but a lot of those differences are due to coaching.

And before you go off about wasting time/dedication "tracking" recruiting, you know there are websites that compile that sort of stuff, right? It took me literally 2 minutes to pull up the recruiting rankings.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that there is a pretty clear correlation between recruiting rankings and results on the field. Of course there are outliers (Texas, Kansas State), but a lot of those differences are due to coaching.

And before you go off about wasting time/dedication "tracking" recruiting, you know there are websites that compile that sort of stuff, right? It took me literally 2 minutes to pull up the recruiting rankings.

Didn't mean to come off as combative with all my old sailor language....I honestly don't have any animosity towards the recruiting experts....I'm more saying the websites you look to in two minutes can (and in my opinion) are sometimes full of garbage data.....garbage in, garbage out.....you can't let the fact that Ole Miss is clearly a way better football team than Miami get in the way of your "Miami has better talent" because they outrecruited.....just like NFL teams can outdraft, but still suck....

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean to come off as combative with all my old sailor language....I honestly don't have any animosity towards the recruiting experts....I'm more saying the websites you look to in two minutes can (and in my opinion) are sometimes full of garbage data.....garbage in, garbage out.....you can't let the fact that Ole Miss is clearly a way better football team than Miami get in the way of your "Miami has better talent" because they outrecruited.....just like NFL teams can outdraft, but still suck....
Recruiting rankings, combined with the fact that they got 7 players drafted last year (2 in the first round), plus the athleticism I watched tonight lead me to believe they have a ton of talent. The fact that they let us come back shows me they have a terrible coach.

The thing about recruiting rankings is that you can't look at it from ground level. There's always going to be a shitty 5 star guy that does nothing, or an under the radar 3 star guy that ends up being great (hello, Ameer). However, from 10,000 ft, they are a pretty accurate predictor of how much success a team will have. Much of the deviation from that can be explained by better coaches with lesser players, or worse coaches with better players. I think Golden is firmly in that second camp. Miami does have talent.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting rankings, combined with the fact that they got 7 players drafted last year (2 in the first round), plus the athleticism I watched tonight lead me to believe they have a ton of talent. The fact that they let us come back shows me they have a terrible coach.

The thing about recruiting rankings is that you can't look at it from ground level. There's always going to be a shitty 5 star guy that does nothing, or an under the radar 3 star guy that ends up being great (hello, Ameer). However, from 10,000 ft, they are a pretty accurate predictor of how much success a team will have. Much of the deviation from that can be explained by better coaches with lesser players, or worse coaches with better players. I think Golden is firmly in that second camp. Miami does have talent.

It probably didn't hurt our chances of coming back that two of their thugs in the secondary got tossed for targeting penalties....I understand what you are saying, I just personally don't put as much stock in those ratings as others....to each their own....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you guys what I'm sick of......

I'm sick of people blaming Tommy Armstrong......for anything at all really. Our OL is absolutely playing like dog shit. Nearly every single pass that we completed in that 4th quarter that led to one of the greatest comebacks I've ever seen in my life, was made by Tommy first making a play with his legs and then making a play with his arm. Tommy had ZERO time to step up in the pocket and make a pass, and he had to make something out of nothing over and over and over again.

Do people realize that if we had any other QB on our roster in that game we would have lost that game by about 40 points? What in the hell, people? Do people really not understand football enough to know that an OL is the most important aspect to an Offense?

What Tommy did today was insane. What a great game he played, seriously. I don't even give a shit about the pass in overtime. We wouldn't have been there if not for Tommy.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good golly, we lost two games in ways I never could have predicted. So what, new coach needs time with his players and their position coaches need time to get things solidified. It takes time for trust and system changes to take place and as I see it, we did pretty darn good considering I thought both BYU & Miami would be bigger losses after the firing of BLO and the hiring of Riley. Will people give the coach a chance, or piss and moan no matter what. Tom Osborn could come back and coach this team and we would still hear the bitching. If BYU and Miami go undefeated, our perceptions of out team may change - perhaps.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Alex Lewis owes the whole team a big apology for making the most selfish play I've ever seen.

What a dumbass.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sick of people blaming Tommy Armstrong......for anything at all really. Our OL is absolutely playing like dog shit. Nearly every single pass that we completed in that 4th quarter that led to one of the greatest comebacks I've ever seen in my life, was made by Tommy first making a play with his legs and then making a play with his arm. Tommy had ZERO time to step up in the pocket and make a pass, and he had to make something out of nothing over and over and over again.

Do people realize that if we had any other QB on our roster in that game we would have lost that game by about 40 points? What in the hell, people? Do people really not understand football enough to know that an OL is the most important aspect to an Offense?

What Tommy did today was insane. What a great game he played, seriously. I don't even give a shit about the pass in overtime. We wouldn't have been there if not for Tommy.
I have very little tolerance for that type of stupidity. Nobody plays a flawless game, and outside of his (unfortunately untimely) mistakes, he played like a champ. Really, he was playing pretty well from the start given how little time he had to throw and the terrible drops.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good golly, we lost two games in ways I never could have predicted. So what, new coach needs time with his players and their position coaches need time to get things solidified. It takes time for trust and system changes to take place and as I see it, we did pretty darn good considering I thought both BYU & Miami would be bigger losses after the firing of BLO and the hiring of Riley. Will people give the coach a chance, or piss and moan no matter what. Tom Osborn could come back and coach this team and we would still hear the bitching. If BYU and Miami go undefeated, our perceptions of out team may change - perhaps.
I can't see Miami going undefeated. They will find a way to fuck it up, because that's what Golden does. BYU, if they get through these two weeks, very well could.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have very little tolerance for that type of stupidity. Nobody plays a flawless game, and outside of his (unfortunately untimely) mistakes, he played like a champ. Really, he was playing pretty well from the start given how little time he had to throw and the terrible drops.

Agreed. He made one clutch play after another in the 4th quarter.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but the INT before halftime was a killer. My biggest knock against TA is he needs to throw the ball away when the play is not there and I guess he will only learn the hard way.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texas fans are super happy with Watson right now fwiw lol

And TA is indeed playing far above and beyond where he was at last year

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the INT before halftime was a killer. My biggest knock against TA is he needs to throw the ball away when the play is not there and I guess he will only learn the hard way.
That one was on Morgan. He was supposed to go outside. He tried to separate by going inside and then get back to the outside, and that just doesn't happen at this level.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was, however, to his defense......that was a back shoulder pass to Morgan and Morgan didn't turn back shoulder. It was a miscommunication.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to give a true frosh credit for playing a big role this year.

BTW I thought USC was going to beat the Trees, and Texas is gonna kill them a kicker LOL - you guys watching BYU & UCLA

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to give a true frosh credit for playing a big role this year.

BTW I thought USC was going to beat the Trees, and Texas is gonna kill them a kicker LOL - you guys watching BYU & UCLA
Yep. That's the battle of the true freshmen there :lol: