• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Hokie Check-In thread

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be in the fourth year for my BS in Mechanical Engineering. I am pretty pumped because I will be in an apartment this year. I spent my first three years in Lee hall while being a part of the Galileo program. I am also pumped to work on my senior design project. Its a big program by General Motors. We're changing a car from an existing model in order to improve things like fuel economy, carbon footprint ect. This year starts a brand new competition; last year the team placed first. http://www.ecocarchallenge.org/docs/EcoCAR_Finals_Release_FINAL.pdf

I chose Virginia Tech because it was the right distance away from home. I really wanted to be independent by being a few hours away but be close enough to visit on weekends.

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haha, Im a student at GMU, but an avid Tech fan. While I was in middle and high school, I aspired to become an engineer, so I figured I find about schools that were known for engineering. Lo and behold, I found out about VT and found out the engineering program was awesome. Shortly thereafter, I was able to catch a Tech game on tv, and fell in love. One thing led to another and I'm stuck in NoVa but o well, still a tech fan :)

Completely random, father is a PSU alumnus, and is my 2nd favorite school. Haha

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I am also not a VT grad but not by choice! Family lived in Lynchburg, VA for more than half of my life. After one brother went to Tech and graduated, my family decides to move to WV. After many choices of colleges in the state of WV (haha) I couldn't fathom the thought of going to WVU. I accepted a scholarship to play football at Shepherd University (although I wanted to walk on at VT). I ended up transferring to Glenville state where I played for a former high school football coach of mine. Won a state football championship in high school along with baseball. Also won championships at shepherd and at Glenville in 2008. Graduated December 2008 and now reside in Charleston, WV with my wife who is a avid mountaineer fan. Went to many VT games growing up in VA. Knew the likes of Andre Kendrick who use to dunk on my families basketball court. I love the game of football and Ive played since I was 5.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it back up for a game and won't be able to this year either. Luckily I was able to watch every game last year on some form of broadcast ranging from local stations picking it up to ESPN3.
Sadly we don't have ESPN3 anymore so if anyone knows a website that streams games please PM that info.

isnt espn3 the website that streams games?
:confused2:

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going into my senior year at VT. Majoring in Accounting and Finance and probably staying a 5th year to get my masters in ACIS. I've been raised a VT football fan. My dad is a 1974 alum. I've been to almost every game since 2002, when my parents started getting season tickets. I've lived in northern VA my whole life, and will probably be back there when I start working full time.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh i see....acc.com has them sometimes too

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be in the fourth year for my BS in Mechanical Engineering. I am pretty pumped because I will be in an apartment this year. I spent my first three years in Lee hall while being a part of the Galileo program. I am also pumped to work on my senior design project. Its a big program by General Motors. We're changing a car from an existing model in order to improve things like fuel economy, carbon footprint ect. This year starts a brand new competition; last year the team placed first. http://www.ecocarchallenge.org/docs/EcoCAR_Finals_Release_FINAL.pdf

I chose Virginia Tech because it was the right distance away from home. I really wanted to be independent by being a few hours away but be close enough to visit on weekends.

HeVT member huh? That was my second choice last year when I picked mine. Ended up doing the ASV team, but I had a friend on the HeVT team. Really cool project, didn't know they got first though.