• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool quotes. Now do all the ones where aggies have said he did nothing wrong.

One of those is from you. You stated the same thing that everybody thought, and still thinks. He took money. You and I both know it happened. The NCAA does not want to prove it, so they looked the other way. Now all you're trying to do is rationalize why your star player will be on the field - when he broke the rules.

I would have more respect for you guys if you would at least admit it. But instead you are changing your very own stories. I.E. you are lying. Is that your code?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I try to rationalize anything? I simply said that the NCAA is trying to keep from setting a precedent that would cause more headache.

Your comprehension skills are lacking.
-
Now we are getting somewhere. Seems you are now saying that this was a ridiculous ruling, but because it would cause a headache the NCAA backed off. This is much better than your "prove it" post.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those is from you. You stated the same thing that everybody thought, and still thinks. He took money. You and I both know it happened. The NCAA does not want to prove it, so they looked the other way. Now all you're trying to do is rationalize why your star player will be on the field - when he broke the rules.

I would have more respect for you guys if you would at least admit it. But instead you are changing your very own stories. I.E. you are lying. Is that your code?

Yes, one is from me. I stand by that comment, but your comprehension of what I said is wrong.

Still waiting for all these quotes by aggies where we said he did nothing wrong.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't any proof he did anything wrong.......kind of like there was no proof that Jordan Hicks and Case McCoy did anything wrong.
-
JFF has already admitted guilt to a violation. That never happened in the other case you are bringing up. If any evidence came out or there was an admission of guilt, I would not be happy either player was on the team.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Now we are getting somewhere. Seems you are now saying that this was a ridiculous ruling, but because it would cause a headache the NCAA backed off. This is much better than your "prove it" post.

You speak in absolutes, you say he did take money. So prove it, I still say that. If you want to say it is obvious he took money that is one thing. You are saying he did. So again, prove it.

I've never waivered in my comments about it, your ability to understand what is being said is the issue.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
JFF has already admitted guilt to a violation. That never happened in the other case you are bringing up. If any evidence came out or there was an admission of guilt, I would not be happy either player was on the team.

ah, so you are saying if JFF had lied and not admitted anything...then you are ok with things?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, his comment would simply be "well, we don't even try to live up to a higher standard"
-
Incorrect. I have stated you do not line up to the standard you have set for yourselves. Whether it is a higher or lower standard does not matter, it is the standard that you have given yourselves.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Incorrect. I have stated you do not line up to the standard you have set for yourselves. Whether it is a higher or lower standard does not matter, it is the standard that you have given yourselves.

this makes no sense whatsoever.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know for a fact that he took money? Did you do an investigation, pay him to sign items yourself, were you in the room when he took the money (allegedly), give Manziel a pollygraph test, are close personel friends with those claiming they paid Manziel, or did you come to this determination because it helps feed your hate for A&M?

I don't know if he took money or not. Is it possible? Yes its possible. Alot of things are possible. If the NCAA was able to prove that Manziel took money they would have done more. Evidently they dont have shit and its just Manziels word vs. autograph brookers word.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want to criticize others reading comprehension and you don't grasp this??? Let me help.

Example: The BYU basketball player that got suspended for having sex with his girlfriend. That was a higher standard. BYU set that standard with their own conduct policy. Does not matter whether we think it is stupid or that he should be able to have sex - all that matters is that he promised to live up to a higher standard, and did not.

Aggies have set their own standard with your beloved "Honor Code."

1) Lying to an entire conference does not live up to that.
2) Claiming fake wins and titles that you never earned on your stadium does not live up to that.
3) Stating that you are going to suspend johnny for getting arrested, then changing your mind because he threatens to transfer does not live up to that.
4) johnny profiting off autographs and the team backing him and playing him - just because "it can't be proven" does not live up to that.
5) aggies on this board admitting that they think he took money - then changing their stories since the NCAA looked the other way does not live up to that.

Understand now?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to criticize others reading comprehension and you don't grasp this??? Let me help.

Example: The BYU basketball player that got suspended for having sex with his girlfriend. That was a higher standard. BYU set that standard with their own conduct policy. Does not matter whether we think it is stupid or that he should be able to have sex - all that matters is that he promised to live up to a higher standard, and did not.

Aggies have set their own standard with your beloved "Honor Code."

1) Lying to an entire conference does not live up to that.
2) Claiming fake wins and titles that you never earned on your stadium does not live up to that.
3) Stating that you are going to suspend johnny for getting arrested, then changing your mind because he threatens to transfer does not live up to that.
4) johnny profiting off autographs and the team backing him and playing him - just because "it can't be proven" does not live up to that.
5) aggies on this board admitting that they think he took money - then changing their stories since the NCAA looked the other way does not live up to that.

Understand now?

I got that. My comment was that codaxx wouldn't be upset if this happened to a texas player because you don't even TRY to live to a higher standard. That is when he posted his gibberish.

Great post though :L

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
It makes no sense? It really is not a hard concept to understand. A&M has a code that is supposed to be pervasive throughout its culture. It is a code that A&M created. Those words are supposed to have a meaning to the people of A&M. It does not matter what code other people choose to live by. A&M has set its standard on which they want to be judged.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got that. My comment was that codaxx wouldn't be upset if this happened to a texas player because you don't even TRY to live to a higher standard. That is when he posted his gibberish.

Great post though :L
-
That is the mother of all assumptions. You are assuming that you know how I would feel. That is something that neither of us can know for sure. On the other hand we do know your choice when asked to choose between honor and a couple wins in a season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
That is the mother of all assumptions. You are assuming that you know how I would feel. That is something that neither of us can know for sure. On the other hand we do know your choice when asked to choose between honor and a couple wins in a season.

:L Yes, I don't know what you would actually say. but I can take a jab at you.

Now, tell me about my choice when asked to choose between honor and a couple of wins. I want exact quotes, not your fucked up "interpretations" of what I said.

Also, still waiting on all these quotes where Aggies said Johnny did nothing wrong.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Yes, I don't know what you would actually say. but I can take a jab at you.

Now, tell me about my choice when asked to choose between honor and a couple of wins. I want exact quotes, not your fucked up "interpretations" of what I said.

Also, still waiting on all these quotes where Aggies said Johnny did nothing wrong.
-
that wasnt me and I am quite lazy, so I will not go through your comments. I can say your "prove it" sums up your stance. It was not "he is innocent of all accusations" it was simply "prove it". No reference or hint of curiosity about the innocence of your player, just an interest if what he did or did not do was provable.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Codax. To Fordman and the rest of the apologists/deniers on here:

Did you not form an opinion on issues like O.J. Simpson, Casey Anthony, etc...? Those things couldn't be proven. Does that mean they didn't commit the acts?

Are you seriously incapable of forming your own opinion without personally being there and seeing the smoking gun yourself? If that's the case you must not do too much thinking in your daily life.

Fact: We know that johnny went to multiple places and signed hundreds/thousands of autographs;
Fact: We know that he did this for basically strangers;
Fact: We know that johnny knew they would be sold for profit and he knew that was wrong (he admitted as much);
Fact: We know that he kept this quiet, as not even his coach knew about it;
Fact: We know that a broker reportedly said he was paid $7500 for one of his sessions;

Now, are you seriously telling me that you are incapable of even forming an opinion based on these undisputed facts? Sad if so.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel didn't get any money, he said so himself.

Demo-D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for someone to prove that he lied, cheated or stolen. NCAA
couldn't find any.

lol, I hope that is not the line you pan on spewing over the next couple of decades.

So, you want everyone to believe that JM signed 4000 autographs over the course of 3 days and was not paid to do it......right, You must also believe that the melting of the northern ice caps will raise the water levels of the Ocean.

Can't fix stupid

kev_fan_ATX_80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boy, they really put the screws to him and A&M... You have to feel bad for him having to miss half of what is basically a scrimmage game.