• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rising the one who flamboozled us and flipped to texico right?

He can stay gone. No thanks. You either got it or you don't. There will be plenty of little Bakers out there, kids are smarter than we give them credit for.

We have how many true frosh starting or getting significant playing time? Fuck the stars, our coaches are digging up rare talents and molding them into beasts.

#OUDNA

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rising is flipping to Oregon. Calling my shot.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the size of that 4-Star WR they have coming. Need more offensive playmakers...probably more o-linemen too.
Yeah, Blue Smith is going to be a huge RZ asset.

I'm more than happy with the offensive playmakers they have coming in. Smith, along with 5* TE Jeremy Ruckert, 5* APB Jaelen Gill (he's going to be an absolute monster), 4* RB Brian Snead and 3* (soon to be 4*) RB Master Teague. Honestly, if Teague jumped to 5* by the end of the year it wouldn't shock me. He's going to be the heir apparent to Dobbins in a couple years.

We're also the favorite to land 4* WR Kamryn Babb.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Blue Smith is going to be a huge RZ asset.

I'm more than happy with the offensive playmakers they have coming in. Smith, along with 5* TE Jeremy Ruckert, 5* APB Jaelen Gill (he's going to be an absolute monster), 4* RB Brian Snead and 3* (soon to be 4*) RB Master Teague. Honestly, if Teague jumped to 5* by the end of the year it wouldn't shock me. He's going to be the heir apparent to Dobbins in a couple years.

We're also the favorite to land 4* WR Kamryn Babb.

RBs arent the problem. Shitty offensive line and WR play have been...sub par quarterbacking too.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs arent the problem. Shitty offensive line and WR play have been...sub par quarterbacking too.
The offensive line has been great, not sure where you're getting that. Price had a bad game, but it doesn't help when you have a QB that holds onto the ball and doesn't know how to throw it. I'm tired of the WRs getting blamed. It's been 2 years now with one common denominator. They shouldn't have to be wide open in order for him to make a play.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL our DL played amazing. Not sure where you're getting that. It was our DBs that got roasted.

I'd say your D line and our O line had an epic back and forth battle. They made it really hard to run consistently between the tackles but our offensive line killed it in pass blocking.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say your D line and our O line had an epic back and forth battle. They made it really hard to run consistently between the tackles but our offensive line killed it in pass blocking.
They didn't really need to pass block at all. He either rolled out or threw it within a couple seconds. His athleticism is amazing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't really need to pass block at all. He either rolled out or threw it within a couple seconds. His athleticism is amazing.

There's actually a couple of posts on an OU site that breaks down how our offensive line handled your defensive front. It's really interesting if you want to look at it. They did a nice job handling your guys all night. Doesn't matter how good Mayfield is, if they don't take care of their business you guys are showing up in his nightmares like last year and like Clemson two years before.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive line has been great, not sure where you're getting that. Price had a bad game, but it doesn't help when you have a QB that holds onto the ball and doesn't know how to throw it. I'm tired of the WRs getting blamed. It's been 2 years now with one common denominator. They shouldn't have to be wide open in order for him to make a play.

What?

Our OL was fucking awful last season and isn't much better to start this season. In order for our offense to work at all, they need to push and open up holes for the running game. That's been extremely hit-and-miss so far...and it's not like they've played defensive stalwarts in their first 2 games.

Barrett hasn't been good. He's been way too slow on his reads and he's missed open WRs when he's had them. But, the WRs also aren't getting open with any kind of consistency...might be bad play calling or bad route running, but either way there have been no game breakers in that area of the offense and it's absolutely crushed their ability to move the ball consistently against a defense with a pulse.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, what? OU got barely 100 yards rushing. DL did fine. Can't do much on the DL when Baker gets rid of the ball in under 3 sec.

Riley did a great job of neutralizing your biggest defensive weapon and then running the ball when it opened up. Dude plays chess instead of checkers. He knew better than to try to run right into the teeth of that front all night. He didn't completely go away from the run. Just picked his spots.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley did a great job of neutralizing your biggest defensive weapon and then running the ball when it opened up. Dude plays chess instead of checkers. He knew better than to try to run right into the teeth of that front all night. He didn't completely go away from the run. Just picked his spots.

When the QB is lighting it up like Mayfield did, there's very little need to run the ball with any consistency.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the QB is lighting it up like Mayfield did, there's very little need to run the ball with any consistency.

You still have to be able to move the ball on the ground. That was a huge part of indiana's undoing. There's a lot of ground yards that don't show up as rushing yards like swing passes and jet sweeps and the like because they were technically considered forward passes even though they were utilized as an extension of the running game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's actually a couple of posts on an OU site that breaks down how our offensive line handled your defensive front. It's really interesting if you want to look at it. They did a nice job handling your guys all night. Doesn't matter how good Mayfield is, if they don't take care of their business you guys are showing up in his nightmares like last year and like Clemson two years before.
I've actually read several different articles stating the OSU defensive line was the only unit that actually did it's job. They had Mayfield scrambling all night long. Again, if he wasn't a phenomenal athlete, you guys probably don't win, because he was constantly evading pass rushers. He's a squirmy little shit.