• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Sumlin's replacement will be that desperate!

Aggy missed on on most of the DB class in the state.......biggest crop of top rated prospects maybe ever, and they have the commit of ONE......I think they'd gladly take Crawford

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9_27554.gif

This is a big get for Mark Dantonio.

4-star OT James Ohonba out of Georgia has committed to Michigan State today, less than a week after taking his official visit to East Lansing over the weekend.

James Ohonba, Woodland, Offensive Tackle

Ohonba's other two finalists were Alabama and Duke....

....he also held offers from Arkansas, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, Notre Dame, Ohio State, South Carolina, Tennessee, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ou staying after Deshaun White and going after O'Neal.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ou staying after Deshaun White and going after O'Neal.

I think O'Neal ends up with Clemson

Looks like Texas has impressed Anthony Cook enough to where he now says we're tied with tOSU for his recruitment.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh @BearcatKlaw

Michigan State is going hard after the Cincinnati 4-star SDE commit Malik Vann. Vann's friend Josiah Scott is a starting CB for Michigan State this season as a True Freshman, and Scott is working on flipping Vann to the Spartans.

Malik Vann, a senior four-star defensive end from Fairfield (Ohio), is visiting Michigan State

Vann took a visit to East Lansing last week and is now trending 89% for Michigan State on the 247 crystal ball.

Malik Vann, Fairfield, Strong-Side Defensive End

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think O'Neal ends up with Clemson

Looks like Texas has impressed Anthony Cook enough to where he now says we're tied with tOSU for his recruitment.
Saw he just visited the Horns this past weekend. How'd it go?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw he just visited the Horns this past weekend. How'd it go?
According to Cook, it was a 10 out of 10. He said point blank, that Texas and tOSU are tied for #1 in his recruitment.

If that is indeed the case, playing at home would likely win out. There will have to be some differentiator but right now he loves the defensive scheme and how he would fit. Also given the Texas DB class he'd be joining........this is going to go down to signing day

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Cook quotes:

“Texas really showed me something,” Cook said. “I would give the visit the highest grade possible. On a 1-10 scale, it was a 10. I saw a lot of things that I liked and how I would fit on and off the field. I like the alumni base and connections. I also got to talk to Michael Huff and Aaron Ross. It’s great to see those players come back and support.”

“I broke down film with Coach Washington and sat in on the DB meeting,” Cook said. “We had dinner with him all weekend. I felt comfortable with him. I like him a lot. I got to go to Coach Herman’s house and played basketball with them. We had a lot of fun.

“I had one last conversation with Coach Herman before I left, and we actually talked about recruiting. He asked me where they stand and if they have a real shot. And yes, they do have a real shot.”

“I would say Ohio State and Texas are one now,” Cook said. “They are both tied at the top, so LSU is number two. I don’t know what it was about Texas. It was just one of those visits where you feel it. I loved everything about it.”

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Cook, it was a 10 out of 10. He said point blank, that Texas and tOSU are tied for #1 in his recruitment.

If that is indeed the case, playing at home would likely win out. There will have to be some differentiator but right now he loves the defensive scheme and how he would fit. Also given the Texas DB class he'd be joining........this is going to go down to signing day
Interesting. Texas has definitely made up the ground. I'm wondering how things will be after the season for both squads.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh @BearcatKlaw

Michigan State is going hard after the Cincinnati 4-star SDE commit Malik Vann. Vann's friend Josiah Scott is a starting CB for Michigan State this season as a True Freshman, and Scott is working on flipping Vann to the Spartans.

Malik Vann, a senior four-star defensive end from Fairfield (Ohio), is visiting Michigan State

Vann took a visit to East Lansing last week and is now trending 89% for Michigan State on the 247 crystal ball.

Malik Vann, Fairfield, Strong-Side Defensive End

200.gif

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on Adeyole. He might be making a move.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on with Jaiden Woodbey? There's a lot of rumblings of a potential flip. Coming from SC outlets
News to me. He has no official visits planned to anyone else and he's come out a few times and said his recruitment is shut down.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News to me. He has no official visits planned to anyone else and he's come out a few times and said his recruitment is shut down.
He's been on the SC campus a lot lately. He was also at the SC/Utah game with other targets.I know he had said he was shutting his recruiting down. But his last tweet may suggest this possible flip story has legs :noidea:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very much a possibility. I'll just say that. Same goes for Proctor.
What's going on with proctor I have seen anything on him? Mostly Woodbey could be smoke may be fire. I believe Woodbey was supposed to be an early enrollee could be interesting

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on with proctor I have seen anything on him? Mostly Woodbey could be smoke may be fire. I believe Woodbey was supposed to be an early enrollee could be interesting

Proctor has been talking a lot with OU lately. He's trying to keep it quiet because urban is putting major pressure on he and Woodbey to shut things down.