• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually read several different articles stating the OSU defensive line was the only unit that actually did it's job. They had Mayfield scrambling all night long. Again, if he wasn't a phenomenal athlete, you guys probably don't win, because he was constantly evading pass rushers. He's a squirmy little shit.

You guys definitely pressured him multiple times during the game but our O-line bowed up plenty of times too. It was exactly what I expected, a very back and forth battle between those two units.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

Our OL was fucking awful last season and isn't much better to start this season. In order for our offense to work at all, they need to push and open up holes for the running game. That's been extremely hit-and-miss so far...and it's not like they've played defensive stalwarts in their first 2 games.

Barrett hasn't been good. He's been way too slow on his reads and he's missed open WRs when he's had them. But, the WRs also aren't getting open with any kind of consistency...might be bad play calling or bad route running, but either way there have been no game breakers in that area of the offense and it's absolutely crushed their ability to move the ball consistently against a defense with a pulse.
They've opened up more than enough holes in the running game. What games have you been watching? Dobbins is averaging 6 YPC, Williams is averaging 6.3, and even Weber looked decent on 3 carries. They're more than doing their job in that department, we just didn't run our RBs against Oklahoma like we should have. It's been far, far more hit than miss overall, though.

Barrett is horrible reading defenses and going through his progressions. He has no confidence. He's missing open WRs, but I have 0 doubt that if you give us Baker Mayfield Saturday night, he has no problem duplicating his numbers with our offense. We have absolute studs at WR, but we have a very mediocre QB who can't consistently get them the ball.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys definitely pressured him multiple times during the game but our O-line bowed up plenty of times too. It was exactly what I expected, a very back and forth battle between those two units.
Absolutely, your OL played well. However, again, if he wasn't the dual-threat athlete he has, that game goes a lot differently. He made so many plays happen just by running around. It was very "Manziel/Alabama 2012".

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, your OL played well. However, again, if he wasn't the dual-threat athlete he has, that game goes a lot differently. He made so many plays happen just by running around. It was very "Manziel/Alabama 2012".

Oh hell no. That's what I was saying in another thread. If we had someone like Rudolph back there he would've gotten sacked 6 times or more. That's why I laughed my ass off when I heard an okie Jr fan say they would've beaten you guys, not even including their porous defense. Dude is just a baller.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell no. That's what I was saying in another thread. If we had someone like Rudolph back there he would've gotten sacked 6 times or more. Dude is just a baller.
Is Kyler Murray going to be able to fill Mayfield's shoes, speaking of dual-threat QBs?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kyler Murray going to be able to fill Mayfield's shoes, speaking of dual-threat QBs?

Looks like it. Heard out of fall camp that if Mayfield weren't the veteran starter and he and Murray were in competition that Murray might've beat him out. Dude's got a cannon for an arm too.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it. Heard out of fall camp that if Mayfield weren't the veteran starter and he and Murray were in competition that Murray might've beat him out. Dude's got a cannon for an arm too.
I don't know about that......he's so small, if a LB gets a clean shot he might die

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray has 4.3 speed.

With the moving pocket, Lincoln will utilize his strengths. Shovels, screens, options......

Yall better invest in some speedy LBs....just sayin'.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Micah Parsons will probably re-commit to PSU. A perfect match for that jackass Franklin.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I bet Franklin is the one that started that recruit trend on twitter making then question Meyer. Seems like a jackass that would do that. A couple of those guys are starting to trend for PSU. Carman trending for USC.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Micah Parsons will probably re-commit to PSU. A perfect match for that jackass Franklin.
I'm quite OK with that. I'm more than happy with Cox coming in with likely also Oweh. Defensive End is one position that may be of the least concern for OSU. If we lose Carman, that would suck, but also not concerned. He has started coming off like a major prima donna for the past few months.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite OK with that. I'm more than happy with Cox coming in with likely also Oweh. Defensive End is one position that may be of the least concern for OSU. If we lose Carman, that would suck, but also not concerned. He has started coming off like a major prima donna for the past few months.
How much you want to bet Carman trends to PSU soon? I think Franklin had something to do with that twitter debacle.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much you want to bet Carman trends to PSU soon? I think Franklin had something to do with that twitter debacle.
Haha, I don't think he's too interested in them. Seems like it's always been OSU and Clemson, but we'll see. I'm guessing the whole twitter thing is being blown up way bigger than what it actually is internally.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray has 4.3 speed.

With the moving pocket, Lincoln will utilize his strengths. Shovels, screens, options......

Yall better invest in some speedy LBs....just sayin'.

Assuming he can SEE over the line. He's also like 5'3"

Word is Jaqualyn Crawford is out for OU and Texas.......rumor has it he got caught with naked pics of his coach's 14 year old daughter on his phone.

I don't know how true that is but all of a sudden EVERYONE has backed off of him, so something's up......

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming he can SEE over the line. He's also like 5'3"

Word is Jaqualyn Crawford is out for OU and Texas.......rumor has it he got caught with naked pics of his coach's 14 year old daughter on his phone.

I don't know how true that is but all of a sudden EVERYONE has backed off of him, so something's up......
Welp, if that's the case I hope he ends up in Austin.

For a short guy Kyler does ok i guess....he averages 5.0 yards a carry...
Capture.JPG

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, if that's the case I hope he ends up in Austin.

For a short guy Kyler does ok i guess....he averages 5.0 yards a carry...
View attachment 166544

Yeah he's not going to end up in Austin, every recruiting analyst came out today and said he's not going to see OU or Texas........Aggy might get desperate tho.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's not going to end up in Austin, every recruiting analyst came out today and said he's not going to see OU or Texas........Aggy might get desperate tho.
Hopefully Sumlin's replacement will be that desperate!