• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you include 15 years of head coaching for Urban to belie his recent success of producing 1,000 yard rushers year in, year out, yet you include 2 years of coaching for Harbaugh even though he's coached college ball for 9 years. Shocking that you'd be trying to twist the facts to fit your slant.

I'm just grading according to your standards. You're the one that doesn't want to count a guy that Harbaugh coached that finished 2nd in the Heisman and was drafted in the 2nd round and somehow think that's a bad example to use. Harbaugh had a 1,000 rusher in 3 of his 4 seasons at Stanford, and had one of them finish 2nd in the Heisman(which is saying something because that team finished 8-5)

Also, funny that you include his years in San Diego like that's not some sort of twisting of the facts. lol.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just grading according to your standards. You're the one that doesn't want to count a guy that Harbaugh coached that finished 2nd in the Heisman and was drafted in the 2nd round and somehow think that's a bad example to use. Harbaugh had a 1,000 rusher in 3 of his 4 seasons at Stanford, and had one of them finish 2nd in the Heisman(which is saying something because that team finished 8-5)

Also, funny that you include his years in San Diego like that's not some sort of twisting of the facts. lol.
I never said he was a bad example to use, I said he was a shitty pro. You're discounting Hyde from Urban even though he's had a better career than Gerhart and is still actually playing and coming off a near 1,000 yard season in 13 games for a very shitty team.

How is including Meyer's time at BG valid but including San Diego "twisting of facts"?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was a bad example to use, I said he was a shitty pro. You're discounting Hyde from Urban even though he's had a better career than Gerhart and is still actually playing and coming off a near 1,000 yard season in 13 games for a very shitty team.

How is including Meyer's time at BG valid but including San Diego "twisting of facts"?

I'm only discounting Hyde based on your scale. Because producing people that are good in the NFL is how you're grading.

Bowling Green is an FBS school and San Diego is an FCS team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only discounting Hyde based on your scale. Because producing people that are good in the NFL is how you're grading.

Bowling Green is an FBS school and San Diego is an FCS team.
Hyde has 3 years in the league and was top 10 last year in rushing yards per game, despite working with the 5th worst OL in the NFL (per PFF; only back in the top 10 ypg with a worse line was Ajayi) and the worst passing offense in the entire NFL to help him out. That's a good year by any unbiased person's view. I hope like hell he gets out of that mess and gets to a decent team that will actually use him right. It's no wonder he's always banged up.

What difference does that make? Is it for some reason impossible to have 1,000 yard rushers in the FCS?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed this about Urban Meyer. Carlos Hyde was the 1st RB to have 1000 yards with Meyer as coach. In 16 years as a HC, only 3 RB's have hit the 1000 mark.

Not sure if he is the guy to pump up about producing RB's

:dingdingding:

Exactly.

If I was a parent of a Great Lakes area blue chip RB with NFL aspirations who wanted to go to a B1G school as a feature/showcase 3-down back, I would certainly point my son in the direction of a program boasting a pro style running attack such as Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, etc.

Last edited:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1_4648193.png

DePaul 3-star OL Khris Banks picks Boston College over Rutgers

Khris Banks, De Paul Catholic, Offensive Tackle

WTF Rutgers? Banks was supposedly a heavy lean to the Scarlet Knights.

This Jersey kid currently has only two Power 5 offers (Rutgers and Boston College), and despite recruiting him hard, you let him get away to Boston College? This was a big loss for the Scarlet Knights.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dingdingding:

Exactly.

If I was a parent of a Great Lakes area blue chip RB with NFL aspirations who wanted to go to a B1G school as a feature/showcase 3-down back, I would certainly point my son in the direction of a program boasting a pro style running attack such as Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, etc.
Last year, OSU boasted players with a combined 2,619 yards and 21 TDs. Those 5 programs had RBs combine for 2,934 yards and 21 TDs. The kicker: our new offensive coordinator coached RBs that combined for 1,833 yards and 14 TDs.

So, the tally is:
OSU coaches: 4,452 yards, 35 TDs
The 5 programs you mention: 2,934 yards, 21 TDs

But please, tell me about how those other schools are better at producing NFL RBs than Ohio State right now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, OSU boasted players with a combined 2,619 yards and 21 TDs. Those 5 programs had RBs combine for 2,934 yards and 21 TDs. The kicker: our new offensive coordinator coached RBs that combined for 1,833 yards and 14 TDs.

So, the tally is:
OSU coaches: 4,452 yards, 35 TDs
The 5 programs you mention: 2,934 yards, 21 TDs

But please, tell me about how those other schools are better at producing NFL RBs than Ohio State right now.

UM's RBs rushed for over 2300 yards and 36 tds last year alone. So not sure where you are getting your numbers from? And if you'd like to include QB's, WR's and Jabrill Peppers -- you can add another 500 yards rushing and 6 tds.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM's RBs rushed for over 2300 yards and 36 tds last year alone. So not sure where you are getting your numbers from? And if you'd like to include QB's, WR's and Jabrill Peppers -- you can add another 500 yards rushing and 6 tds.
LOL... talking pros there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... talking pros there.
Don't you think it is ridiculous to cherry pick stats and talk about right now? It'd be like saying Central Michigan is the best place for a WR because Antonio Brown went there. Or Buffalo is the best place for a LB because of Khalil Mack. Or Wisconsin is the best place for DL because of JJ Watt.

It is about consistently putting out NFL talent. Has Urban Meyer consistently put RB's into the NFL? And has his RB's consistently been producers at the college level? Over the last few years -- he has. Over his career, he has not.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think it is ridiculous to cherry pick stats and talk about right now? It'd be like saying Central Michigan is the best place for a WR because Antonio Brown went there. Or Buffalo is the best place for a LB because of Khalil Mack. Or Wisconsin is the best place for DL because of JJ Watt.

It is about consistently putting out NFL talent. Has Urban Meyer consistently put RB's into the NFL? And has his RB's consistently been producers at the college level? Over the last few years -- he has. Over his career, he has not.
Not a single bit of cherry-picking going on. I didn't name one guy. I named two in the pros and one currently succeeding in college. None of the other schools mentioned hold a candle to what he's doing. The only school that has more current RBs doing work in the NFL is Miami, and none of those guys played under the current regime. Hyde and Zeke both played for Meyer. Weber is very likely to end up in the NFL barring a total collapse. If you can make an argument for any school over Ohio State right now, be my guest.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a single bit of cherry-picking going on. I didn't name one guy. I named two in the pros and one currently succeeding in college. None of the other schools mentioned hold a candle to what he's doing. The only school that has more current RBs doing work in the NFL is Miami, and none of those guys played under the current regime. Hyde and Zeke both played for Meyer. Weber is very likely to end up in the NFL barring a total collapse. If you can make an argument for any school over Ohio State right now, be my guest.

Not cherry picking. How long has Urban coached in CFB?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument

giphy.gif
Basically. It's just funny watching several posters try and tell me I'm wrong without a single shred of evidence that contradicts what I say. I'm bored at work.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically. It's just funny watching several posters try and tell me I'm wrong without a single shred of evidence that contradicts what I say. I'm bored at work.

It took him over 10 years as a HC before he had a 1000 yard rusher. How is that not a shred of evidence? That is why you see cherry picking being brought up.