• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically. It's just funny watching several posters try and tell me I'm wrong without a single shred of evidence that contradicts what I say. I'm bored at work.
And I'm only responding because I'm bored right now too. My little man is napping. :suds:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN did an article on best NFL factories
At RB:
1. OU
2. Miami
3. Pittsburgh
Bottom 3
Wisconsin
Oregon
Stanford/Florida

This measures performance also, not just talented kids that get drafted.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him over 10 years as a HC before he had a 1000 yard rusher. How is that not a shred of evidence? That is why you see cherry picking being brought up.
That's literally the definition of cherry-picking.

"Yeah sure, he's had at least one 1,000 yard rusher for 4 straight seasons, if not two. Yes, OSU has finished on average as a top 10 rushing attack every year he's been there. But, but, he had those years a decade ago or so where he didn't! Clearly he doesn't know how to coach up his RBs!"

Ridiculous.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying the QB's who commit to Meyer are doing so because they don't want to play QB in the NFL?
I'm saying because he knows how to win better than any other coach that runs a spread. That said, he's started to even go away from that a bit. Haskins and Burrow would both start for nearly any offense in the entire country this year and they're backups at OSU. He's not done putting QBs in the NFL, that's for sure.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't y'all love how OSU is the BEST place for EVERY recruit, regardless of position?

I mean, NOBODY prepares talent for the NFL better than them, down to the waterboys. A recruit would be a fool to turn down their HOF coaching staff that can outdevelop every other university on the planet every single year

LMAO gotta love OSU fans and that arrogance

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, who cares about having a 1000 yard rusher?

Say you have 3 guys that run for 600+ yards or somewhere close to that thats the same effect as having 1 guy rush for a bunch by himself.

The argument is stupid.

Running for a lot of yards in college is not an indicator of how well anyone is going to do at the next level anyway.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't y'all love how OSU is the BEST place for EVERY recruit, regardless of position?

I mean, NOBODY prepares talent for the NFL better than them, down to the waterboys. A recruit would be a fool to turn down their HOF coaching staff that can outdevelop every other university on the planet every single year

LMAO gotta love OSU fans and that arrogance
Finally someone is talking some sense.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a thing of beauty to see it.......

Don't get me wrong.....tOSU has a FANTASTIC school and football program/tradition........but so does Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Texas, Nebraska, etc.......you get the point

There's nothing tOSU is providing that top rated recruits can't get anywhere else, lets stop being delusional. A 5 star RB will get the same media attention and shot at the pros no matter where he goes.

Its great to be a fan tho!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a thing of beauty to see it.......

Don't get me wrong.....tOSU has a FANTASTIC school and football program/tradition........but so does Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Texas, Nebraska, etc.......you get the point

There's nothing tOSU is providing that top rated recruits can't get anywhere else, lets stop being delusional. A 5 star RB will get the same media attention and shot at the pros no matter where he goes.

Its great to be a fan tho!
Urban Meyer put out two RBs in the last 3 years that outrushed anyone from the schools you mentioned above this past season.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer put out two RBs in the last 3 years that outrushed anyone from the schools you mentioned above this past season.

and NOBODY CARES

man you love beating a dead horse

I watched Isaiah Crowell get kicked out of Georgia, go to Alabama State, get ALL his games televised, and still get drafted to YOUR BROWNS

A 5 star RB will get to the league no matter WHERE he goes, stop being delusional

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and NOBODY CARES

man you love beating a dead horse

I watched Isaiah Crowell get kicked out of Georgia, go to Alabama State, get ALL his games televised, and still get drafted to YOUR BROWNS

A 5 star RB will get to the league no matter WHERE he goes, stop being delusional
No you didn't. Crowell was an undrafted free agent signing, dumbass. He lost millions having to go to Alabama State.

5 star RBs don't get to the league no matter where they go. What teams are Darrell Scott, Jermie Calhoun, Richard Samuel, Brandon Williams, Savon Huggins, Derrick Green, Thomas Tyner, and Keith Ford on? Those were all 5* RBs who never sniffed the NFL just in the last 5-6 years.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn't. Crowell was an undrafted free agent signing, dumbass. He lost millions having to go to Alabama State.

5 star RBs don't get to the league no matter where they go. What teams are Darrell Scott, Jermie Calhoun, Richard Samuel, Brandon Williams, Savon Huggins, Derrick Green, Thomas Tyner, and Keith Ford on? Those were all 5* RBs who never sniffed the NFL just in the last 5-6 years.

Considering they never did anything in college what is your point?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering they never did anything in college what is your point?
...really?

"A 5 star RB will get to the league no matter WHERE he goes, stop being delusional"

"5 star RBs don't get to the league no matter where they go. What teams are Darrell Scott, Jermie Calhoun, Richard Samuel, Brandon Williams, Savon Huggins, Derrick Green, Thomas Tyner, and Keith Ford on? Those were all 5* RBs who never sniffed the NFL just in the last 5-6 years."

I shouldn't need to walk you through this.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...really?

"A 5 star RB will get to the league no matter WHERE he goes, stop being delusional"

"5 star RBs don't get to the league no matter where they go. What teams are Darrell Scott, Jermie Calhoun, Richard Samuel, Brandon Williams, Savon Huggins, Derrick Green, Thomas Tyner, and Keith Ford on? Those were all 5* RBs who never sniffed the NFL just in the last 5-6 years."

Ugh, don't remind me about Calhoun.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That class in general for OU was rough, it seems. Calhoun, RJ Washington, Justin Johnson, Josh Jarboe. Yikes.

Last top 10 class we got till last year too. Stoops kind of put it on coast after that.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...really?

*sigh*

It should go without saying that if you don't produce at the collegiate level you aren't getting into the league at RB. I assumed YOU didn't need to be walked through that.