• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's not even about him. He was aggy's ONLY DB take in this HISTORICALLY GOOD class instate. All we heard from aggy was how they got the best safety, LMAO that's ranked lower than every one of ours.

Now there's a good chance they don't even land him.

I've seen some bad transition classes before, but Jimbo and staff are mailing this one in. It's like they aren't even trying. They haven't landed one real recruit, and instead have lost 3 or 4 of their top prospects and are looking at losing some guys that have been verbals for months. Even Herman locked in 13 recruits in his transition class.

They are currently below BAYLOR in recruiting rankings. If that holds up and this class finishes in the 40s......they are looking at last place in the SEC West for YEARS. They are already painfully thin at LB, DB, and DL. They are looking at adding virtually nobody to those groups and the entire DL is likely gone after this season.

We will see how it plays out. You never know. Jimbo's issue is he went scorched earth at FSU, so he has not been able to get anyone to follow him.....so far

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how it plays out. You never know. Jimbo's issue is he went scorched earth at FSU, so he has not been able to get anyone to follow him.....so far

Well he just gave out a PWO to some unknown QB......but every other transition class in the country is lapping them right now. Frost, Kelly and Pruitt have all brought in like 5-6 guys by now. Meanwhile he's losing commits.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep......

O'Neal just got a CB to Clemson, rumors abound
Ojomo won't visit A&M, will instead use his last OV on TCU
Preston is probably going to OV at Texas soon
Waddle is likely Bama bound
Wilson is flirting heavily with Arky
They aren't getting ANY of the Cali kids

I don't think aggy lands ANY of their quality targets, not a single one

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep......

O'Neal just got a CB to Clemson, rumors abound
Ojomo won't visit A&M, will instead use his last OV on TCU
Preston is probably going to OV at Texas soon
Waddle is likely Bama bound
Wilson is flirting heavily with Arky
They aren't getting ANY of the Cali kids

I don't think aggy lands ANY of their quality targets, not a single one

If Preston fixed his grades and is on the open market, he is going to have a lot of suitors. That kid is a stud. Grade risk was one of the big reason a lot of people backed off

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Preston fixed his grades and is on the open market, he is going to have a lot of suitors. That kid is a stud. Grade risk was one of the big reason a lot of people backed off

They're looking at a class in the 50s......maybe worse. It's getting outright ugly. Something has to change, drastically in the next week.

We're talking no WRs....no QBs......no LBs......no DBs...... think about how this will affect the product on the field, they are TOAST if this continues.

You can't whiff on an entire class and recover. It will take Fisher every bit of 10 years to post a winning record.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're looking at a class in the 50s......maybe worse. It's getting outright ugly. Something has to change, drastically in the next week.

We're talking no WRs....no QBs......no LBs......no DBs...... think about how this will affect the product on the field, they are TOAST if this continues.

You can't whiff on an entire class and recover. It will take Fisher every bit of 10 years to post a winning record.

Meh...recruiting sometimes tends to be rough with the very first class immediately after a new hire. Take Jim Harbaugh's three recruit classes (247 composite stats) at Michigan for example:

2015 - ranked 37 - 87.81 average recruit rank... and only 14 recruits
2016 - ranked 8 - 89.86 average recruit rank
2017 - ranked 5 - 91.20 average recruit rank

So.....Jimbo Fisher will probably have a rough first class...nothing to panic about...most likely recruiting will vastly improve for A&M in subsequent years.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 247 released it's final composite player ranking yesterday, OSU has jumped back ahead of UGA by the slimmest of margins for the #1 class. Both teams are still in the running for several top end players, so this will come down to the wire.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...recruiting sometimes tends to be rough with the very first class immediately after a new hire. Take Jim Harbaugh's three recruit classes (247 composite stats) at Michigan for example:

2015 - ranked 37 - 87.81 average recruit rank... and only 14 recruits
2016 - ranked 8 - 89.86 average recruit rank
2017 - ranked 5 - 91.20 average recruit rank

So.....Jimbo Fisher will probably have a rough first class...nothing to panic about...most likely recruiting will vastly improve for A&M in subsequent years.

Yes it will improve. They'll have room for like 30 next year.

But this is the single WORST transition class I've ever seen. And given they have a 100 Mill in staff salary......it's unacceptable.

EVERY other transition class in P5 is better than theirs. They are currently being outrecruited by BAYLOR and VANDERBILT.

Fisher doesn't get a pass for that. And more specifically......we're talking large holes in what they aren't getting. No QBs.....LBs.....DBs.....WRs in the entire class is BAD. Their entire DL is likely gone after next season. They can't fill out the entire defense with JUCOs, and there are no freshmen in the pipeline to redshirt and prepare. Do you see the problem here?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaaaand the aggy DL coach JUST QUIT

Tell me again how great it's going to be? Thats as big a vote of no confidence that you'll see in coaching with a guy you hired from the NFL quitting in 2 weeks.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaaaand the aggy DL coach JUST QUIT

Tell me again how great it's going to be? Thats as big a vote of no confidence that you'll see in coaching with a guy you hired from the NFL quitting in 2 weeks.

Lmfao.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude they're visiting 3 DL prospects today too - Ossai, Ojomo and Coburn

That's going to be 0-3

Ojomo to Texas it looking more and more likely with Oklahoma likely landing Thompson. Both are going to end up being a beasts though Ojomo will need a redshirt year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ojomo to Texas it looking more and more likely with Oklahoma likely landing Thompson. Both are going to end up being a beasts though Ojomo will need a redshirt year.

Yeah he will, he's not done growing.......good thing all 3 will be Longhorns.

Right now I'm in tears I'm laughing so hard at the aggy message boards......this is CLASSIC stuff man. They've been in full on SUPERNOVA meltdown mode since yesterday afternoon

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he will, he's not done growing.......good thing all 3 will be Longhorns.

Right now I'm in tears I'm laughing so hard at the aggy message boards......this is CLASSIC stuff man. They've been in full on SUPERNOVA meltdown mode since yesterday afternoon

Thompson won’t be a longhorn.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson won’t be a longhorn.

I think we close out with, Tank, Thompson and ONeal.

I keep hearing how we need another LB but Asamoah, just won the Defensive MVP at the International Bowl. Then ad White and Bonito, I think we are fine.

If we land Thompson, this will be the best Dline classes, in 10 years for the Sooners. The Oline class with Tank is just nasty. I think OU will be set for the next few years with 1000 yards rushers, behind a great line. The 2016 class added great DB's,WR's and RB's , so the future looks bright for the Sooners.

24/7 new rankings came out and DE Perkins is still a 4 star, after they posted an article moving him to a 5 Star, with Olineman Walker.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that is over done. People are only saying that because he is 16. He will likely show up 6'4 and 290+. Personally, I would have him over Coburn. I would like to see him redshirt, but I don't think it is necessary. Kids upside is scary and he being from Katy he is not raw compared to other DL in the state. He may grow into a proto-type 3-4 DE. His dad is 6'7", so he likely has some more growing ahead of him

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we close out with, Tank, Thompson and ONeal.

I keep hearing how we need another LB but Asamoah, just won the Defensive MVP at the International Bowl. Then ad White and Bonito, I think we are fine.

If we land Thompson, this will be the best Dline classes, in 10 years for the Sooners. The Oline class with Tank is just nasty. I think OU will be set for the next few years with 1000 yards rushers, behind a great line. The 2016 class added great DB's,WR's and RB's , so the future looks bright for the Sooners.

24/7 new rankings came out and DE Perkins is still a 4 star, after they posted an article moving him to a 5 Star, with Olineman Walker.

O’Neal is going to Clemson.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O’Neal is going to Clemson.

It's starting to look that way. I guess we find out tonight. He's suppose to be making a video for his announcement tonight. Venables is one hell of a recruiter.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to look that way. I guess we find out tonight. He's suppose to be making a video for his announcement tonight. Venables is one hell of a recruiter.

Trust me, you guys are dodging a bullet with that kid

As far as Venebles......it's a pretty easy pitch. "Go to A&M and play for a decent team at home......come to Clemson and actually WIN something"