• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 Big 10 Tournament Thread.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who has the English language skills of a second grader is calling me a moron. Okay. Bo has the highest winning percentage in conference history. He has now tied the longest streak of top four finishes in conference history, and anyone old enough to have seen his rival in that category is dead or senile.

So yes, it's an indisputably accurate statement. Try to keep up...

And has ONE elite 8 appearance:laugh3:

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not a lie...thought they had a 1, guess it was a 2.......i know they were ranked 1 that year when sparty beat them....

But lets look at bo in the tourney...

His ONLY elite 8 appearance he beat an 11, 14, and a 10 seed to get there....

In 07 as a 2 seed he lost to 7 UNLV

in 08 as a 3 seed he lost to 10 davidson

In 10 as a 4 seed he lost to 12 cornell

In 11 as a 4 seed he lost to 8 butler

In 13 as a 5 seed he lost to 12 ole miss

Thats alot of choking in my eyes....spin it how you want to....thats a 7, 10, 12, 8, and another 12 that bo has lost to when he was a 5 or higher seed....sad sad sad

And 4 losses to #1 seeds and 2 losses to eventual champions. Look, Bo's D1 tourney performance has certainly not matched his regular-season performance, but you cherry-picking stats is purposely deceptive and sheds very little light on this topic...but that's de rigueur for this forum I suppose, isn't it?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 4 losses to #1 seeds and 2 losses to eventual champions. Look, Bo's D1 tourney performance has certainly not matched his regular-season performance, but you cherry-picking stats is purposely deceptive and sheds very little light on this topic...but that's de rigueur for this forum I suppose, isn't it?

So were giving him praise for losing to number 1 seeds? Tell me what high seeds has bo beaten? I didnt know number 1 seeds were unbeatable....sparty beat 2 of them in one year while losing to another in the championship in the same year....thats what happens when you make a final 4 run...you have to beat great teams....something bo cant do...alot of teams lose to number 1 seeds...but great coaches beat them sometimes....at least once....but when you keep losing to sorry teams, it doesnt even give you a chance to play one....chances are, if you make a final 4, you might have to beat a 1 seed....or a 2.....or a 3......whats bo ryans 3 best wins in the tourney?

I dont think im cherry picking when out of 12 yrs bo ryan hasnt beat any great teams in the tourney..look at all the great coaches....they all have beat somebody......thats why until bo ryan makes a final 4 he is just a good coach....crappy tourney coach plus a great regular season coach equals a good coach. In my eyes john beilein is better than bo as of right now...and thats what started this all.....and i hate michigan, but its true..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol cherry picking....almost half of bo's tournaments ended by losing to a lower seeded team...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is weak in the sense that they allow guards to drive the lane on us. Creighton isn't that team. They don't attack and force a lot of fouls. I mean, they have 200 more three pointers attempted than FTs attempted.

Our guards are better defensively on the outside than they were last year. Even our big guys are pretty good at defending the jump shot. I think if you can't drive the lane against us, our defense is actually almost as good as last year (when we were #1 in KenPom's defense). And this year, we have Gasser, who is one of the best defenders in America. Even though he's five inches shorter than McDermott, Doug won't get open looks.

Oregon scares the shit out of me because of their tempo. They love to attack the rim, which is where we are weakest. Baylor scares me because they are an excellent rebounding team, so even though they play a slower tempo, the ball gets inside and they force fouls.

I def agree about oregons tempo that is dangerous they look good today. With creighton is just think their spacing of shooters works good against your guys defense. And they actually have chatman and brooks who are really good at driving for kick outs and that's where they really move it.

Obviously Wisco is very good too and easily could win that game. I just think creighton is a tough match as well. But conversely on offense if you guys just send Hayes right at Wragge then great things will happen. That guy is a cone on defense

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albany being only down 6 is pretty good.

Albany ran with them all first half. Florida is big, physical and beatable. If Pitt comes to play Flo Rida could exit early. I still think the Gators will advance to the S16. That could be their final resting spot.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Michigan teams looked solid but I feel like Michigan will lose in the sweet 16.. Lol@ OSU and Iowa disappointing me as well.. Not the greatest showing for the Big 10 so far but my team is doing well so who gives a shit..

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Cleaves, got anything you want to say?

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'blind pigs and acorns' comes to mind...

jk

grats to Badger Nation.
It's (FF+?) been a long time coming.
In retrospect, you'll find it was worth the wait.

:suds:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So were giving him praise for losing to number 1 seeds? Tell me what high seeds has bo beaten? I didnt know number 1 seeds were unbeatable....sparty beat 2 of them in one year while losing to another in the championship in the same year....thats what happens when you make a final 4 run...you have to beat great teams....something bo cant do...alot of teams lose to number 1 seeds...but great coaches beat them sometimes....at least once....but when you keep losing to sorry teams, it doesnt even give you a chance to play one....chances are, if you make a final 4, you might have to beat a 1 seed....or a 2.....or a 3......whats bo ryans 3 best wins in the tourney?

I dont think im cherry picking when out of 12 yrs bo ryan hasnt beat any great teams in the tourney..look at all the great coaches....they all have beat somebody......thats why until bo ryan makes a final 4 he is just a good coach....crappy tourney coach plus a great regular season coach equals a good coach. In my eyes john beilein is better than bo as of right now...and thats what started this all.....and i hate michigan, but its true..

You mad bro?