• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 Big 10 Tournament Thread.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seeds are for spitting...

"Any team, any time, any place." - T. Izzo

and we get another chance at U fuckn NC along the way to Dallas.

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting what Jay Wright said in his preshow to the brackets. To be successful in the NCAA you need great D and rebounding because shots do not always fall. You need to win on the defensive end when your offense is cold. (not a quote). Sparty was 2 for 17 beyond the arc. I like our team, I like our bracket. T.I. still has it. I have know idea how he gets these teams that are listing during the year righted for a March run. Dude is a Great White Shark when its time to shine, deadly!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you in Spokane, bitches!

I'm not sure Mich St. has faced a D as good as UC's this season. It will be an ugly game, but Mich St. should win by 10 in the end.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.... You wont get by Harvard. Huggy Bear is at WVU.:lol:

LOL. Harvard. I think UC probably beats those scrubs by a good 20. Men among boys.

They could win if they go off from 3 like mad men, though.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jizz slurping by the announcers over MSU is ridiculous today. Acting like they are perennial favorites to win the National Championship just because they are now healthy.

Yeah, they are playing well of late, but there are still atleast 10-12 teams that are more talented.

OK, name just 8 teams currently more talented than Michigan St - GO!

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumpkinhead - We are now healthy. Remember the preseason hype? Were Back! See you in Texas Jackass!:laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the wisky fan who said they outscored sparty after being down 31-16.....wow congrats....heres your PARTICIPATION ribbon.....wear it with pride.....

March is here which means its time for bo ryan to freeze up....ZERO final 4's.....maybe they need dick bennett back.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?????

Yes, we lost. What does that have to do with anything? The question is whether MSU moves ahead of us on the S-curve. And the fact that we outscored MSU 58-45 over the last 25 minutes matters, doesn't it? Or are you saying a 40 point loss is the same as a 14 point loss.

Or are you just bitching because you hate Bo Ryan? You talk an awfully big game for a Michigan fan. Bo has 19 NCAA wins in 12 years. Michigan has 6 NCAA wins in the last 19 years. Yes, last year was an impressive run, but your program has accomplished jack shit other than that in current players' lifetimes. And even last year, Bo Ryan kicked your ass in March. So I guess your post should say "Bo Ryans team loses in March...but later than Michigan, and not against Michigan."

Bo ryan has ZERO final 4's and michigan got one last year.....one final 4 trumps everything bo has done including losing to small schools in march like cornell, davidson, and UNLV..

19 wins in 12 years is nothing to brag about....thats not even 2 wins a tourney....you get 6 wins in one year if you win it all....19 wins? Izzo almost had that from 1999-2001 in the tourney. Is beileins win percentage better than bo ryans in the tourney? Just curious.....he was 5-1 last year....bo is 19-12...not very good

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo ryan has ZERO final 4's and michigan got one last year.....one final 4 trumps everything bo has done including losing to small schools in march like cornell, davidson, and UNLV..

19 wins in 12 years is nothing to brag about....thats not even 2 wins a tourney....you get 6 wins in one year if you win it all....19 wins? Izzo almost had that from 1999-2001 in the tourney. Is beileins win percentage better than bo ryans in the tourney? Just curious.....he was 5-1 last year....bo is 19-12...not very good

Beilein is 12-8 in the NCAA tourney over 22 years as a D1 Head Coach.
Bo is 19-12 in the NCAA tourney over 15 years as a D1 Head Coach.

If you think one final four trumps what Bo's done, you are a fool. Even ignoring Bo's four D3 national titles, his resume makes Beilein look like mincemeat.

If a Michigan State fan wants to call Bo out, fine. Izzo's earned your fan base that right. When a Michigan fan calls out Wisconsin, there is nothing to justify it.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the wisky fan who said they outscored sparty after being down 31-16.....wow congrats....heres your PARTICIPATION ribbon.....wear it with pride.....

Hey dipshit, you do get the idea that MOV and how well a team plays matters for seeding, right? And got it us the #2 seed in Milwaukee.

Oh, I get it. The present doesn't matter. Who cares about the present NCAA tourney when you can brag about a title that took place when current recruits were in diapers? Get over yourself. MSU may well win the title. The Badgers may well lose in the Second Round. Until it happens, you look like an idiot, especially when you (a person with a 14-year-old username) are calling out me for caring about the NCAA tournament which happens this week.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beilein is 13-8 in the NCAA tourney over 22 years as a D1 Head Coach.
Bo is 19-12 in the NCAA tourney over 15 years as a D1 Head Coach.

Just keeping it real. :whistle:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think one final four trumps what Bo's done, you are a fool. Even ignoring Bo's four D3 national titles, his resume makes Beilein look like mincemeat.

If a Michigan State fan wants to call Bo out, fine. Izzo's earned your fan base that right. When a Michigan fan calls out Wisconsin, there is nothing to justify it.

You might want to note that Beilein took each of his 4 D1 programs to the NCAAs, had multiple 20+ seasons at 4 different levels, was named conference COY 5 times and has turned multiple programs around, including Michigan. Not taking anything away from Ryan but he's been unable to do what even his predecessor was capable of; a Final Four appearance.

Beilein had Michigan in the national championship game in just his 6th season. This is Ryan's 13th year at Wisconsin....it took Bennett just five seasons to land Wisconsin in the Final Four.

Wisconsin has a NCAA national championship and 3 Helms. It's not as if you guys didn't know wtf basketball was prior to Ryan showing up. 50 year drought or not, Wisco was back into the swing of things in the mid 90's.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For chits and giggles I'd like to see a list of who Beilein has sent to the NBA vs. Ryan. Just another interesting tidbit since we're comparing these coaches.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to note that Beilein took each of his 4 D1 programs to the NCAAs, had multiple 20+ seasons at 4 different levels, was named conference COY 5 times and has turned multiple programs around, including Michigan. Not taking anything away from Ryan but he's been unable to do what even his predecessor was capable of; a Final Four appearance.

Beilein had Michigan in the national championship game in just his 6th season. This is Ryan's 13th year at Wisconsin....it took Bennett just five seasons to land Wisconsin in the Final Four.

Wisconsin has a NCAA national championship and 3 Helms. It's not as if you guys didn't know wtf basketball was prior to Ryan showing up. 50 year drought or not, Wisco was back into the swing of things in the mid 90's.

Are you serious? Dick Bennett went 10-6 in the B1G once. Indeed, our program did that once as you point out, in 50 years. Bo Ryan has gone 10-6 or better in eleven of thirteen seasons. Our program had never gotten higher than a 5 seed. We've gotten higher than a 5 seed six of the last eight years.

Bo is a consistent winner like no one has ever seen in the B1G. And as I've pointed out a bunch of times, he actually has played to seed in the NCAA tourney. Yes, he had some games against lower seeds who pulled upsets and lost, but that's a stupid reason to discount someone because by definition we know those teams were good enough to beat higher ranked teams. And if you discount those losses, do you give extra credence to losses to #2 overall and eventual national champ North Carolina (who we gave their toughest game of the tourney) or #2 overall Syracuse (who we had a three at the buzzer to beat in New York)?

Congrats on the run last year. If you think five games overpowers 700 wins, four D3 titles, and the highest winning percentage in B1G history, I don't know what to tell you. As you point out, Wisconsin did make a Final Four under Bennett. As a Badger fan who is largely unbiased, it's plainly apparent that Ryan's success outweighs those four games.

It's going to be really funny once Bo makes a Final Four. At that point, you'll be out of ammunition since your entire "case" against Bo is really one simplistic void in his resume. I thought 2015 would be the year, but I think he has a great shot this year. Only Oregon, Baylor, and Arizona scare me in our bracket, and we aren't sure to play any of them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jizz slurping by the announcers over MSU is ridiculous today. Acting like they are perennial favorites to win the National Championship just because they are now healthy.

Yeah, they are playing well of late, but there are still atleast 10-12 teams that are more talented.

You know there was a stretch mid to late in the year they went without 3 or their top players and were still winning just about every game. They have the most depth out of any team and it isn't really close, plus all these guys and coach have the tourney experience. Everyone picked them because they are a very scary team.

The last team to beat them was the Buckeyes.

Btw...Florida who you thought was the best. They have played 5 top 25 teams all non-conference and they are 3-2. One was to UConn and one was to Wisconsin. This team hasn't played a top 25 team since November and they have been coasting through one of the worst major conferences I have seen in some time.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dipshit, you do get the idea that MOV and how well a team plays matters for seeding, right? And got it us the #2 seed in Milwaukee.

Oh, I get it. The present doesn't matter. Who cares about the present NCAA tourney when you can brag about a title that took place when current recruits were in diapers? Get over yourself. MSU may well win the title. The Badgers may well lose in the Second Round. Until it happens, you look like an idiot, especially when you (a person with a 14-year-old username) are calling out me for caring about the NCAA tournament which happens this week.

I dont care what seed you get...wisky and bo WILL choke AGAIN.....they had a 1 seed before....same ole song and dance...

Yeah ONE final 4 trumps EVERYTHING bo has done......i said bo was a great REGULAR season coach....

Id give up big 10 championships all day for a final 4....we hang big 10 championships in the corner at the breslin....we care about NC's and final 4's.....

I like how you add beieins 2 losses from when he coached at little schools....hes done more at michigan in his short time then bo has in 12 yrs..

And who gives a shit about bo's lil league championships?