• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 Big 10 Tournament Thread.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smarts the same guy who told me wisky's football team wasnt going to lose another game after the ASU game....telling everyone how great they were...typical homer...

Keep enjoying the regular season....bo's lost to cornell, davidson, and UNLV to name a few.....had a 1 seed....and STILL never has made a final 4....

Im wondering why ESPN had beilein ranked as the 6th best coach......and bo wasnt even on the top 10....i guess ESPN doesnt care about shit div 3 titles or regular season wins...they only care about march and hanging banners....at least a final 4 since JB was the highest ranked coach without a title....see what a final 4 run does....trumps all those big 10 titles nobody remembers...

I remember arguing with wisky fans on cbs a few yrs back who thought a big 10 title was bigger than a final 4....only in wisky since their choke of a coach cant win come march...ONE elite 8 in 12 years? Wow....in e lansing that might get you fired. Even VCU and butler have made a final 4.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hey dipshit, you do get the idea that MOV and how well a team plays matters for seeding, right? And got it us the #2 seed in Milwaukee. "

Guess i hit a nerve....name calling? Dont get mad at me because bo stinks in march......im sure wisky fans will have the excuses ready.....hey maybe the team that beats you will make a final 4 so you can use that in your argument...

But hey.....bo's won div 3 titles...:laugh3::laugh3:

I think michigan fans could care less what JB has done at WVU let alone in high school or div 6. Its about hanging banners for YOUR team....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know there was a stretch mid to late in the year they went without 3 or their top players and were still winning just about every game. They have the most depth out of any team and it isn't really close, plus all these guys and coach have the tourney experience. Everyone picked them because they are a very scary team.

The last team to beat them was the Buckeyes.

Btw...Florida who you thought was the best. They have played 5 top 25 teams all non-conference and they are 3-2. One was to UConn and one was to Wisconsin. This team hasn't played a top 25 team since November and they have been coasting through one of the worst major conferences I have seen in some time.

We always have good games with OSU....craft always seems to play well against us.....great defensive team....when they make shots, they are tough....good luck in the tourney...

Oh yeah....

Matta >>> bo didley ryan

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Until it happens, you look like an idiot, especially when you (a person with a 14-year-old username) are calling out me for caring about the NCAA tournament which happens this week"

What does my screename have to do with anything?

Hows it a 14 yr old username? I just joined SportsHoopla last year....14 yrs old? So if someone has 68tigers or 84 tigers, their username is older than the internet itself?

But anyways...pretty funny coming from someones whos name is smart.....yet was soooo wrong about wiskys football team.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing for mr smart....

Who had a better year last year? Indiana or michigan?

Indiana won the big 10 like bo sometimes does...but UM made the championship game and hung a final 4 banner.....id take UM's year over indianas 10 out of 10 times..

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smarts the same guy who told me wisky's football team wasnt going to lose another game after the ASU game....telling everyone how great they were...typical homer...

You got a link for this?

(Hint: It's not true. I picked both the Ohio State and South Carolina losses. The only loss I missed was Penn State, which was a shock to everyone. I guess thinking we'd win a game where we were 20 point favorites makes me a "homer")

Any more lies you want to come up with?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep enjoying the regular season....bo's lost to cornell, davidson, and UNLV to name a few.....had a 1 seed....and STILL never has made a final 4....

Oh, look. What a shock...two paragraphs and two blatant lies. Please tell me when this #1 seed was. I'll be waiting.

If I were so wrong about Bo playing to his tournament seeds, how come you feel the need to lie?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im wondering why ESPN had beilein ranked as the 6th best coach......and bo wasnt even on the top 10....i guess ESPN doesnt care about shit div 3 titles or regular season wins...they only care about march and hanging banners....at least a final 4 since JB was the highest ranked coach without a title....see what a final 4 run does....trumps all those big 10 titles nobody remembers...

I remember arguing with wisky fans on cbs a few yrs back who thought a big 10 title was bigger than a final 4....only in wisky since their choke of a coach cant win come march...ONE elite 8 in 12 years? Wow....in e lansing that might get you fired. Even VCU and butler have made a final 4.

So you cite to a list ranking THE BEST TOURNEY COACHES to make the point that ESPN doesn't care about regular season wins? Really? You do know what a list ranking the best tourney coaches means, right? It means that, by definition, they ignore the regular season.

If they really thought the regular season was irrelevant, why wouldn't they just name their list "Best College Basketball Coaches"? The answer to anyone with an IQ over 45 is that they think the regular season would be relevant to such a list.

And your strategy to make me look foolish is....to quote another Badger fan. Got it. Keep up with your amazing arguments.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing for mr smart....

Who had a better year last year? Indiana or michigan?

Last year, Michigan had a better year. But if Indiana had ten straight seasons like they did last year, and Michigan did jack shit for nine years, Indiana would have had a better decade. It's not even close. Something tells me you don't follow basketball, since you seem to dismiss the regular season games where a real fan cheers on their team and lives and dies on their home court advantage.

Again, the Final Four is great. As many people here know, MSU was my favorite basketball team growing up. My father's from East Lansing, and his entire family is hard-core MSU fans and season ticket holders. I was ecstatic for the Cleaves-era runs and the Chris Hill-Ager-Andersen-Paul Davis final four.

But would I trade away any individual Final Four (not the national title, which is another level) for the dozens of Badger games I left where we were victorious? Absolutely. And it's not like Bo hasn't had good teams. Remember, Bo's team lost to the same UNC team that Ager-Andersen-Hill-Davis did, and they actually gave UNC a tougher game. The only difference was timing.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Dick Bennett went 10-6 in the B1G once. Indeed, our program did that once as you point out, in 50 years. Bo Ryan has gone 10-6 or better in eleven of thirteen seasons. Our program had never gotten higher than a 5 seed. We've gotten higher than a 5 seed six of the last eight years.

Bo is a consistent winner like no one has ever seen in the B1G. And as I've pointed out a bunch of times, he actually has played to seed in the NCAA tourney. Yes, he had some games against lower seeds who pulled upsets and lost, but that's a stupid reason to discount someone because by definition we know those teams were good enough to beat higher ranked teams. And if you discount those losses, do you give extra credence to losses to #2 overall and eventual national champ North Carolina (who we gave their toughest game of the tourney) or #2 overall Syracuse (who we had a three at the buzzer to beat in New York)?

Congrats on the run last year. If you think five games overpowers 700 wins, four D3 titles, and the highest winning percentage in B1G history, I don't know what to tell you. As you point out, Wisconsin did make a Final Four under Bennett. As a Badger fan who is largely unbiased, it's plainly apparent that Ryan's success outweighs those four games.

It's going to be really funny once Bo makes a Final Four. At that point, you'll be out of ammunition since your entire "case" against Bo is really one simplistic void in his resume. I thought 2015 would be the year, but I think he has a great shot this year. Only Oregon, Baylor, and Arizona scare me in our bracket, and we aren't sure to play any of them.

Like know one has ever seen? God quit drinking moron.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, I do have to ask. Why doesn't Creighton scare you?

I know it was last year but they beat you guys and they have the entire team back from there and are even better.

This is the weakest Wisconsin defense I have seen in years and I don't think they match up with Creighton well at all. No idea why you would be more afraid of Baylor or Oregon. You should actually be hoping that Baylor is the team who advances to play you in the Sweet 16.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it was last year but they beat you guys and they have the entire team back from there and are even better.

This is the weakest Wisconsin defense I have seen in years and I don't think they match up with Creighton well at all. No idea why you would be more afraid of Baylor or Oregon. You should actually be hoping that Baylor is the team who advances to play you in the Sweet 16.

Our defense is weak in the sense that they allow guards to drive the lane on us. Creighton isn't that team. They don't attack and force a lot of fouls. I mean, they have 200 more three pointers attempted than FTs attempted.

Our guards are better defensively on the outside than they were last year. Even our big guys are pretty good at defending the jump shot. I think if you can't drive the lane against us, our defense is actually almost as good as last year (when we were #1 in KenPom's defense). And this year, we have Gasser, who is one of the best defenders in America. Even though he's five inches shorter than McDermott, Doug won't get open looks.

Oregon scares the shit out of me because of their tempo. They love to attack the rim, which is where we are weakest. Baylor scares me because they are an excellent rebounding team, so even though they play a slower tempo, the ball gets inside and they force fouls.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like know one has ever seen? God quit drinking moron.

The guy who has the English language skills of a second grader is calling me a moron. Okay. Bo has the highest winning percentage in conference history. He has now tied the longest streak of top four finishes in conference history, and anyone old enough to have seen his rival in that category is dead or senile.

So yes, it's an indisputably accurate statement. Try to keep up...

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you plan on double teaming Doug McD you'd better be able to answer, if/when he decides to go off.

I could see a Wisconsin-Creighton shootout in the making. Neither team has played very good defense this year but I would think Wisco's X factor in the Tourney (Mick training Rocky to fight right-handed then coaxing him to revert back to south-paw in the final round type shit) would be Ryan's defensive, half-court, basketball schemes.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick up McDermott and Wragge at half court and make them play an inside game. Wisconsin just too good in there with Sammie and Frankie. I noticed that Wragge shoots close to 50% from the 3 area. Can't let him get open.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a link for this?

(Hint: It's not true. I picked both the Ohio State and South Carolina losses. The only loss I missed was Penn State, which was a shock to everyone. I guess thinking we'd win a game where we were 20 point favorites makes me a "homer")

Any more lies you want to come up with?

How could you predict the s carolina loss at the start of conference play? Wasnt that a bowl game? I couldve predicted a loss also at the end of the season....i said after the ASU loss, you said wisky wasnt going to lose another game...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, look. What a shock...two paragraphs and two blatant lies. Please tell me when this #1 seed was. I'll be waiting.

If I were so wrong about Bo playing to his tournament seeds, how come you feel the need to lie?

No not a lie...thought they had a 1, guess it was a 2.......i know they were ranked 1 that year when sparty beat them....

But lets look at bo in the tourney...

His ONLY elite 8 appearance he beat an 11, 14, and a 10 seed to get there....

In 07 as a 2 seed he lost to 7 UNLV

in 08 as a 3 seed he lost to 10 davidson

In 10 as a 4 seed he lost to 12 cornell

In 11 as a 4 seed he lost to 8 butler

In 13 as a 5 seed he lost to 12 ole miss

Thats alot of choking in my eyes....spin it how you want to....thats a 7, 10, 12, 8, and another 12 that bo has lost to when he was a 5 or higher seed....sad sad sad

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you cite to a list ranking THE BEST TOURNEY COACHES to make the point that ESPN doesn't care about regular season wins? Really? You do know what a list ranking the best tourney coaches means, right? It means that, by definition, they ignore the regular season.

If they really thought the regular season was irrelevant, why wouldn't they just name their list "Best College Basketball Coaches"? The answer to anyone with an IQ over 45 is that they think the regular season would be relevant to such a list.

And your strategy to make me look foolish is....to quote another Badger fan. Got it. Keep up with your amazing arguments.

It wasnt best TOURNEY coaches...it was the best coaches IN THE TOURNEY THIS YEAR...

keep celebrating your regular seasons.....everytime a mid major with a lower seed plays wisky, they seem to win...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Michigan had a better year. But if Indiana had ten straight seasons like they did last year, and Michigan did jack shit for nine years, Indiana would have had a better decade. It's not even close. Something tells me you don't follow basketball, since you seem to dismiss the regular season games where a real fan cheers on their team and lives and dies on their home court advantage.

Again, the Final Four is great. As many people here know, MSU was my favorite basketball team growing up. My father's from East Lansing, and his entire family is hard-core MSU fans and season ticket holders. I was ecstatic for the Cleaves-era runs and the Chris Hill-Ager-Andersen-Paul Davis final four.

But would I trade away any individual Final Four (not the national title, which is another level) for the dozens of Badger games I left where we were victorious? Absolutely. And it's not like Bo hasn't had good teams. Remember, Bo's team lost to the same UNC team that Ager-Andersen-Hill-Davis did, and they actually gave UNC a tougher game. The only difference was timing.

Thats sad when proving a point you use the we lost to the same team you lost to...or the we lost to the overall champ....who cares...how many times did you lose to a 12 seed? Yup sparty lost to them too, but theres also been years when sparty beat 2 number 1 seeds

And wisky hasnt had 10 straight years like indiana had last year...in 09 they were a 12 seed and not very good...so it wasnt 10 years...i can tell you if sparty won for 10 yrs straight and only had ONE elite 8 to show for it.....we would be looking for a coach who could coach come tourney time and not freeze up.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If creighton was a 12 seed, they would fit the bill of beating wisky and bo....mid major...check....but they are a 3 seed....but it wont matter....bo will choke