• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Today's Questions - Offensive Line

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything depends upon the offensive line. We know the least about the answers to these questions, but because Munchak is over seeing the operation - it feels like it is in safe hands.

Can Munchak help Bolles learn how to block in pass protection? Bolles is big, strong and agile enough to be a top pro - blocks very well for the run, but is always zigging when the pass rusher is zagging. A lot is riding on Bolles improving (and staying healthy).

Will Leary - like Lazarus - come back from the injured and dead and play a full season?

Will Munchak teach Conner McGovern how to snap the ball to a place above the QB's shoe laces in the gun?
Here again, the Broncos are relying on Munchak to fix McGovern and somehow - look like something as good as Paradis. McGovern was the strongest guy in his draft class - so the Broncos have something to go on.

Will Dalton Risner just shoot straight to Stinky's level of love among the fans - or is he already there? A lot rides on Risner living up to some extremely high expectations.

Will Munchak stop the Dolphin's brass laughing at the contract the Bronco's gave Ja'Wuan James and have him play at the highest level of RT in the league - commiserate with his pay grade?

Where will the Broncos find the "swing tackle" and who will it be? Barclay or Williamson seem iffy to me, but you know - Munchak can fix it. In Rogers and Leglue - the Broncos have some guys they can develop, but if Bolles goes down - I imagine James will move over to the left side.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the thing to watch for most here is if the Broncos compensated being cheap on the oline by grabbing Munchak as a coach. Obviously, the Broncos signed J. James to a top contract - used a high draft pick on Risner - and give him a former #1 pick in Bolles (so there's some proof the Broncos looked for help).

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the thing to watch for most here is if the Broncos compensated being cheap on the oline by grabbing Munchak as a coach. Obviously, the Broncos signed J. James to a top contract - used a high draft pick on Risner - and give him a former #1 pick in Bolles (so there's some proof the Broncos looked for help).

It's all relative to where you start on the Bronco's oline - was the talented added to the base talent - enough to make this an effective Oline unit in the NFL? Either way - if this Oline gels - Munchak should be worshipped as a Bronco god.

I'll keep saying this - if you beat them at the line of scrimmage - all the other talent on your team looks that much more talented.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The off season is hell right now. Nothing going on at all for us to sink our teeth into. I think we've already mulled over the concerns with the line as much as we can. I want to see these guys suit up and play.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that Dalton Risner comes into camp with the same kind of fire as Quentin Nelson did with the Colts. By all accounts, Risner has a nastiness to him. Could be infectious for the rest of the O-lineman. We need our O line to bring the nasty!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don’t think the line will be worse at run blocking than last year. Just coaching alone should maintain that functional area, which was arguably one of the few positives from last year’s offense. I think we may even be reasonable to expect a slightly improved run blocking line, but some factors (health and development, chemistry) will determine that. Munchak is the biggest reason it’s reasonable to hope for some gains made in the run blocking.

He also is the biggest reason we can reasonably hope to see some legitimate improvement in the pass blocking. I’d they’re maulers in the run game and respectable in pass blocking I really like the unit’s chances of pulling its load this year.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the depth that is concerning. Considering the health issues of James and Leary. Big reason I wanted to retain Turner.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the depth that is concerning. Considering the health issues of James and Leary. Big reason I wanted to retain Turner.
Agree, no depth whatsoever. I could see the team picking up a vet before the season starts to provide some.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same story as the last 5 no depth. Chaz Green may fill the void for Billy Turner as a swing OL but he needs to improve under Munchak.