• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To win, we must run. Pete's vision.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I skimmed through it. Getting the running game going early hasn't happened the first 2 weeks. I know it may take a little bit more time before Rawls gets back to full speed, especially now with a leg bruise, but so far Michael has clearly been the most effective runner. He's averaging 5 ypc while the rest are at about 1. I don't know if we MUST do it to win, but of course it wouldn't hurt.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear what you're saying but the run sets up everything, namely play action which is a staple of what Pete wants to do offensively.
This is the type of offense Pete wants to run. This is why he wants Cable as OL line coach and it is my belief that Bevell runs the offense the way Pete wants it ran.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but we can't run yet until our line starts playing better together.... Of course that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to run, just that it hasn't worked worth a dam so far... I think it's gonna take our passing game to open up the running game... Both compliment each other, but right now our passing O has gotta soften things up a bit and then let's see if we can start pounding the rock... Our O-line is just not run blocking worth a dam right now.. But they did protect Russ pretty well last week which was a good sign...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, here come the dislikes...

START and GIVE THE JOB TO MICHAEL. Michael has played absolutely amazing ever since Seattle re-signed him. I wanted him to start in the Carolina playoff game (which we maybe would've won if we did) and I wanted him to start against the Rams. Yah he fumbled... still more productive than Rawls' -7 yards (WTF?).

We spent a 2nd rounder on the kid, he looked like a Lynch clone in college, and he's blowing Rawls out of the water at the moment.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, here come the dislikes...

START and GIVE THE JOB TO MICHAEL. Michael has played absolutely amazing ever since Seattle re-signed him. I wanted him to start in the Carolina playoff game (which we maybe would've won if we did) and I wanted him to start against the Rams. Yah he fumbled... still more productive than Rawls' -7 yards (WTF?).

We spent a 2nd rounder on the kid, he looked like a Lynch clone in college, and he's blowing Rawls out of the water at the moment.
No dislike from me. You have a solid view and I don't think anyone sees it too much differently.
I don't think it matters to us too much who starts as long as the job gets done. I am totally good with playing whoever has the hot hand.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the biggest fan of CM when I watch him run it seems like he gets huge gains because the defense would just get caught off guard with him running. Dont get me wrong he can make a good play here and there but there are other times where this guy would just slip and fall on his own without even being touched trying to do to much.

Like I said in another thread it seems to me that teams do not respect our offense without Lynch. teams are preparing all week long worrying about Rawls, Michaels or Procise they are looking to go after RW

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks looked good running the ball today. Michael had some good running lanes to run through and he piled up the yards. I'd like to see him start again next week, but even if he doesn't start it doesn't mean he won't be the most effective back on the team. If Rawls doesn't come out firing next week (assuming he gets the start), I don't think they'll hesitate to put Michael in there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks looked good running the ball today. Michael had some good running lanes to run through and he piled up the yards. I'd like to see him start again next week, but even if he doesn't start it doesn't mean he won't be the most effective back on the team. If Rawls doesn't come out firing next week (assuming he gets the start), I don't think they'll hesitate to put Michael in there.

Think CM gets the start next week. Be shocked if he wasn't.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I think the more important return from injury next week, if it happens, will be Ifedi. I know they said that they wanted to run to the left more than they have been, but I think having Ifedi in there will improve things on the right side so whoever is back there running the ball can run it to either side effectively.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have our bye coming up and we are facing a non conference opponent on the road I do not think its necessary to rush our injured players back out there.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed... Too be honest... I feel that this job should be C.Michaels... Rawls is the one who has to come in and take it back.. I wouldn't just give it to him... JMO...

On another note, too bad we didn't fire Cable this week... :doh:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, the OL opened up some big holes today, think they get a lot of the credit.
Mainly on the left side. I don't think the bosses have much confidence in Webb, but he is what we must deal with for the time being. Once Ifedi gets back I hope/expect we can choose freely which way to go.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael ran well and had a really good day with an assist from a better OL performance, which really shouldn't have been a huge surprise considering they didn't have as tough of a DL matchup as in the first 2 games.

C-Mike has probably earned himself at least 1 more start and then we'll see what this looks like following the bye if/when Rawls is healthy. Rawls is a more physical runner, but he doesn't quite have that burst or top end of Michael. I can see advantages for both when we have a line that's still trying to get it together, so maybe that's a vote for a near 50/50 type deal when this thing settles in.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are Rawls will be out ~6 weeks (the guess is he has a hairline fracture, Carroll only said he's got an issue with his leg bone). Michael's got his extended audition.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael just doesnt have the toughness or power to be a #1. In fact on a few of the 3rd and short runs, i think they should have given collins the ball

Michael avoids contact too much and hits the turf like alexander loved to do.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael just doesnt have the toughness or power to be a #1. In fact on a few of the 3rd and short runs, i think they should have given collins the ball

Michael avoids contact too much and hits the turf like alexander loved to do.

Yep - because having anything in common with the Seahawks leader in rushing yards and touchdowns (both season and career) is just a horrible trait to have.

Run style aside, the only thing that matters is results. 105 - 494 - 2 in the 7 games he's had a carry in since he came back (99-488-2 in the 6 he got more than 10 carries). When he's been our feature back - Michael has performed. If he gets 17 carries for 85 yards on Sunday, I'll be happy with him (and with the Jets, that could be a tall order).

I would love Rawls to be the feature back, but that isn't an option right now, and Michael has the opportunity to be a 1000 yard rusher with the way he's performed. All this stuff about how he doesn't run with the correct style or what ever is just bogus. As long as he gains yards and doesn't put the ball on the ground, then he's exactly what Seattle needs.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are so flippin sensitive. Michael is a fine rb, but he IS NOT the style of runner we are constantly told is they want. He is better as a change of pace back

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing news about Rawls, but Michaels has been looking good starting from camp through the game yesterday. It is hard to believe that a RB that the Seahawks traded away for a 6th round pick, then was cut from 2 other teams can emerge and actually produce, but he's been doing it, so let's :hope: hope it's for real and not a fluke temporary thing.
Figure if the OL keeps opening holes like Sunday, then it should work out fine. Looking forward to seeing how they do against the Jets. Another stellar job by the OL will really bode well for the season.