• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans choose Weeden over Kaep

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully believe Kaep has been blackballed. But I also understand a team not wanting to deal with the attention that it would get just roughly 2 weeks after that Trump firestorm bullshit. Ironically, if the NFL would have just sacked up and signed him this offseason, 95% of this shit would have been avoided. Dumbasses all around doubling down on dumbassery

What I don't get is picking Weeden over RG3. Weeden is fucking garbage. RG3 could at least mimic half of what Mariota does for a game or two.
RG III though maybe more talented is a mental midget. No thanks

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously. I can understand not wanting to deal with the PR mess, but for people to say that guys like Weeden/Gabbert are better is just asinine.

also, your season is in trouble if you're depending on a backup QB anyway
Yes Brady certainly proved that.

thepieguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Thanks for proving my point. Kaepernick was benched for that joke of a QB. And Gabbert had better character, work ethic, respect for his teammates, etc.

Kaepernick is a turd. He always was. He was just on an outstanding team in 2012 & 2013.

Kaepernick was benched while playing through 3 different injuries that required surgery. Kelly never said Gabbert beat him out, he said Kaep wasn't physically ready and still neededto recover from his surgeries. Kaep couldn't make it through TC, so Chip wasn't lying.

It was Baalke that kept a fragile Kaep off the field until he dropped his injury clause, not Blaine Gabbert lol. He outplayed Blaine last year, and anytime he's been healthy he's outplayed Blaine. It's nice that Blaine got some PT while Kaep was injured/recovering, but it doesn't change the fact that Kap is and always has been a much better QB.

Oh and if Kaep really didn't have work ethic, character, and respect for teammates, he wouldn't have won the Len Eshmont award. Your entire post is a lie lol common theme for people that cant hidr their bias

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick was benched while playing through 3 different injuries that required surgery. Kelly never said Gabbert beat him out, he said Kaep wasn't physically ready and still neededto recover from his surgeries. Kaep couldn't make it through TC, so Chip wasn't lying.

It was Baalke that kept a fragile Kaep off the field until he dropped his injury clause, not Blaine Gabbert lol. He outplayed Blaine last year, and anytime he's been healthy he's outplayed Blaine. It's nice that Blaine got some PT while Kaep was injured/recovering, but it doesn't change the fact that Kap is and always has been a much better QB.

Oh and if Kaep really didn't have work ethic, character, and respect for teammates, he wouldn't have won the Len Eshmont award. Your entire post is a lie lol common theme for people that cant hidr their bias

Seriously, compare their stats. Kaepernick was a fine QB whereas Gabbart was just trash.

2016 San Francisco 49ers Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the titans didn't want to pay Kaepernick that much money when they need a stopgap for a couple weeks tops. Maybe Kaepernick just sucks and is not worth the bs he brings especially with all the Trump BS going on.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That isn't completely accurate, Gabbert did outperform Kaep in 2015 in a system that more resembled what he played in under Harbaugh. Kaep had a series of terrible games before he was injured his first injury happened against the packers in 2015 after that terrible cardinals and steelers game and he got injured during the 3rd or 4th quarter in a terrible packers game. Also, Kaep takes the worse sacks and has a sack rate close to 10 percent according to pff which was way worse than Gabbert's. He just isn't good enough to avoid the nfl owners to ignore his political notions.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kaepernick was benched while playing through 3 different injuries that required surgery.

And he stayed on the bench when he got healthy even though Gabbert was useless.

You're putting lipstick on a pig who can't read defenses & didn't have the patience to study game film (much less learn an offense well). Not to mention f***ing a teammate''s girlfriend. :nod:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG III though maybe more talented is a mental midget. No thanks

It's for 3rd string QB though. I don't need a wiz for that. I'd rather have the talent there in case of emergency than Weeden

thepieguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't completely accurate, Gabbert did outperform Kaep in 2015 in a system that more resembled what he played in under Harbaugh. Kaep had a series of terrible games before he was injured his first injury happened against the packers in 2015 after that terrible cardinals and steelers game and he got injured during the 3rd or 4th quarter in a terrible packers game. Also, Kaep takes the worse sacks and has a sack rate close to 10 percent according to pff which was way worse than Gabbert's. He just isn't good enough to avoid the nfl owners to ignore his political notions.

Funny, I thought he was the only player that had a good game in that "awful" Steelers game. He did play bad in some games, I won't deny that, but what QB goes through a career without a rough patch? It's not like he had the greatest coaching or supporting cast, the guy had 3 surgeries after playing half a season. That was his lone Gabbert like season out of 5. I thought he played pretty good at times last year, and he had just about nothing to work with and didn't seem to be at full strength.

thepieguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he stayed on the bench when he got healthy even though Gabbert was useless.

You're putting lipstick on a pig who can't read defenses & didn't have the patience to study game film (much less learn an offense well). Not to mention f***ing a teammate''s girlfriend. :nod:

He wasn't on the bench after he got rid of his injury clause.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 TDs and 4 INTs in 11 games last year speaks to me that he can still play as long as he's got an O-line that can protect him.

Maybe it's because of Kaep's lifestyle? Even before the protesting stuff he wasn't exactly a high character person. Showing naked photos exposing all his tats is going to turn some coaches off. Tennessee drafted a QB who is the opposite of people like Kaep and Winston. Why would they want CK on a team, in which it would just put the circus in Tennessee? The titans don't need QB production all the time to stay in games, they can just run the ball, especially against the teams coming up.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I thought he was the only player that had a good game in that "awful" Steelers game. He did play bad in some games, I won't deny that, but what QB goes through a career without a rough patch? It's not like he had the greatest coaching or supporting cast, the guy had 3 surgeries after playing half a season. That was his lone Gabbert like season out of 5. I thought he played pretty good at times last year, and he had just about nothing to work with and didn't seem to be at full strength.

It is funny that you thought he was the only player that had a good game in that awful steelers game. I guess you are one of those guys who falls in love with garbage time stats.

thepieguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny that you thought he was the only player that had a good game in that awful steelers game. I guess you are one of those guys who falls in love with garbage time stats.

Had nothing to do with stats. He played well and made the throws throughout the game. Hyde killed a drive with a fumble. Vernon and Boldin killed drives with would be 1st down drops on 3rd down. By that time we're down big. Kap had his fair share of bad games that season, but the Steelers game wasn't one of them. I know this for a fact because I rewatched that game pretty recently, you should do the same.