• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TIME FOR MICHIGAN TO FACE FACTS

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is wrong at Michigan

...and no coaching moves will be made until after January 1, 2015.

Then Les Miles will be named AD, and he will hire Houston Nutt to be their football coach.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we're clear here, when the roster is mostly sophomores and freshman, no school, including Alabama does well.

Sure, you might have one or two in the starting 22, but they are the exception, not the rule. Look at any championship roster and you'll see it full of upperclassmen. Even if they aren't the stars (look a the O-line for example, the starters are mostly juniors and seniors).

Now that I've gotten that out of my system. Yes, in the make or break year, Hoke as fallen flat on his face. It's not so much the record in of itself, but until the Utah and Minnesota games the only loses by a large margin were to top ranked teams, Alabama in 2012 and MSU 2012, and the Nebraska game when Denard was injured. All previous loses were understandable, given condition Rich Rod left the program (and don't give me this he was "trending up" argument, there is more than the number in the wins column). But in the year, where if he really was laying the foundation (which there were plenty of sign he was) we should have started to see the fruits of those labors. So with the information we now have, it's clear the Hoke is a good man, and a good coach, just not an elite coach. So it is time to start looking elsewhere.

Guess i missed where the unranked kansas state team crushed them last year.....

This guy has more excuses......youth is not and excuse....hoke is in his 4th year!!!!

But hey. Im good with them keeping hoke 4 more years to develope all that youth...:pound:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at Brady Hoke's recruiting classes at Michigan - ESPN

This is a perfect article to illustrate how Hoke either A) recruited kids and couldn't develop them or B) recruited kids that were overrated coming out of high school. I'll even give him a slight pass for his 2011 class because he got a late start on that. But there is no excuse for his lack of talent in the 2012 class. He has ONE player worth a damn. And his 2013 class isn't much better. 5 solid contributors? That's terrible. By comparison ND has 13 solid contributors out of the same class. I mean hell he's been there 4 years now and still doesn't have a competent QB on the roster. ND starts 15 guys that are juniors or sophomores, if ND can do that why not Michigan. Being young is a lame excuse. If Michigan is young, Hoke did a shitty job at recruiting/developing.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm ... ND has never had a problem attracting top recruits across the nation, so I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

Guess what I'm talking about is the drought before Kelly arrived. It seems to have really picked up then.

Y

Yapp14

:wtf2: Where has Harbaugh coached again?

Also, Pinkel might be a great choice as well.
Harbaugh was at SD St and Stanford. I also do not see Pinkel leaving Mizzou for Michigan. Rumor has it he was contacted after RR was fired and was not interested then.

Frankly, I would not understand ANY coach of a successful SEC program leaving for the Big10

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh was at SD St and Stanford.
Not to pick nits (well, precisely to pick nits), But Jim Harbaugh coached at San Diego (an FCS program), not San Diego State, before being hired at Stanford.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00