• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TIME FOR MICHIGAN TO FACE FACTS

Y

Yapp14

I see, and after re-checking excerpts from that book link Maize posted, it looks like I misread the first time anyway.

You guys really do got a dumpster fire going on over there. Hope you get it worked out. I'm just not sure that firing Hoke would be my priority, definitely on the list, but Brandons got to go even moreso IMO.

Even then I see more meddling than should be tolerated.

Good luck! :suds:
Found this nugget:

If fired, Brandon's buyout is $3 million

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yapp14 said:
Would that be Cam Cameron? YIKES

yepp !

he couldn't make it at ravens and he's been at LSU since his firing from there. ex-Indian U HC, Dophins HC etc.... but development of QB's.... not so good (Mettenberger had his ups and downs)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you credit for it. Seeing as I thought Earl Bruce was just a prince of a coach!!!!!:whistle:

Yeah he was no Gary Moeller.:doh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the sharpest tool in the shed as evidenced by my fandom of Michigan, but doesn't Congress have better things to do? Like a budget? War on terrorism? Troop deployment? Mid term elections???

Next on Congresses agenda is one helluva game of Beer Pong.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first option is going for a "name brand" coach, but there should also be a plan b. For all we know there is a coach lurking in the subdivision schools who is the next big thing. I think it pays to look far and wide.

IMO I don't think they did that when Hoke was hired

Hoke was that guy at a mid major they were hoping was the next big thing.

Rich Rod was not a fit at UofM and Martin should have known that. Rich Rod was always gaming WVU for more cash and his style of football doesn't fit the size and weather conditions of the B1G. But that is an argument that has been discussed till we are all tired of it.

I wonder if Hoke has just given up at this point? He is getting crushed in the press, it looks like Brandon threw him under the bus on the concussion of Shane Morris, and the fans are already chanting fire Brady!

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Hoke has just given up at this point?

Theres massive pressure at a blue blood uni. Hoke probably can't wait for the axe to fall at this point.

You guys should look at ex-astronauts. Any Wolverines been to space?

Thats your guy. :suds:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yapp14 said:
Found this nugget:

If fired, Brandon's buyout is $3 million

and what about all the asst. coaches, how much to buy them out ? Nussmeier can go to. Why do you think Nicky Satan let him go after 2 seasons ? Do you think after seeing the shitty play-calling vs Auburn & Okie U he had seen enough and said, "Doug, you can either look elsewhere or I'll fire your ass. "

Brandon should be gone immediately if President Schlissel has any balls. Clean House but I understand waiting for Jan 1 to fire Hoke, kind a, sort of, money wise. I'd still fire Hoke's ass now and make DC Mattison interim HC, JMHO. screw the $$$ crap. They've got plenty and will need to make it rain for someone.

If Hoke was fired today, there's still time for Mattison, if he was named interim HC, to instill some confidence in these kids and somewhat salvage the rest of the season.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was an alumni hatchet job........ Bruce went 5-4 vs. UM, didn't he???

I will take 4-5 against the Buckeyes right now!

Or at least some help putting out this dumpster fire!

Y

Yapp14

Theres massive pressure at a blue blood uni. Hoke probably can't wait for the axe to fall at this point.

You guys should look at ex-astronauts. Any Wolverines been to space?

Thats your guy. :suds:
LMAO

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your Moeller and raise you a John C. Cooper

DAMMIT! That Jon 'The Pooper Scooper' Cooper fella just never understood what this rivalry means. From what I remember after letting Bruce go some moron though that former ASU fella was a good selection because ASU beat UofM in the '87 Rose Bowl. 2-10-1 was Cooper's record in The Rivalry, and I still have nightmares over those unlucky 13 years!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please just stop the nonsense of getting one of the Harbaughs or Les, that ain't gonna happen. What about David Shaw?

Hall of Fame coach John Cooper would be a great selection for the boyz in ann arbor.:hope:

Y

Yapp14

Hall of Fame coach John Cooper would be a great selection for the boyz in ann arbor.:hope:
Ha! My favorite Cooperism was when fans would get on him for not going for on 4th down

"They wanna gamble with MY chips!"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! My favorite Cooperism was when fans would get on him for not going for on 4th down

"They wanna gamble with MY chips!"

Looking back at his time in Columbus I now think he was a double agent & on Michigan's payroll for 13 years.