• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TIME FOR MICHIGAN TO FACE FACTS

Y

Yapp14

I write this as an unabashed life long Michigan fan....right now they/we/us SUCK

Brady Hoke's dismissal or resignation is not a matter of IF but WHEN. You can pretty much circle it on the calendar now. Here are some facts:

2011- 11-2
Since....15-11
His contract buyout after Jan 1st $2 million

Then there is Athletic Director David Brandon. The former player turned billionaire CEO of Domino's Pizza was supposed to come back and reinvent the Michigan Athletic program. He did reinvent it, but not in a good way. His leadership and innovations have alienated fans to the point he can't even give tickets away or even bribe them with Krispy Kreme's.

The best thing for all parties is to clean house. New President Mark Schlissel will likely have the defining moment of his short tenure at UM when he and the Regents make a decision on Brandon and Hoke.

Hoke will be gone. Embarrassing losses to ND and Minnesota added with a less than stellar win-loss record have taken care of that.

The greater decision is Brandon. While the athletic department is in disarray, the AD is also a former player, alum, board member and more importantly a MAJOR donor to the school. Will the powers that be at UM have the cajones to pull the plug??

A few more facts...several years ago then WVA Coach Rich Rodriguez turned down an offer to take the Alabama job and stayed at WVA. Alabama fans were insulted. How could someone turn down the opportunity to coach the Crimson Tide? The answer? It was not that attractive of a job at the time. Alabama reminded me of "old money" who's blue blood ran deep with pomposity and naivety based on past glories.

Right now, this description applies to Michigan. The fact is, this program, this job are not the most attractive. Whoever the next coach or even AD are will have a major hill to climb. Past glories, Bo Schembechler and "Michigan Men" really do not mean a whole lot in 2014. Nor should they. Why? Because its 2014 not 1992. Those days are long gone. Michigan needs to ignore the Desmond Howard's of the world and find the best coach it can. Not the best coach with a previous attachment to the program.

Again using the Alabama example, Nick Saban to my knowledge had ZERO connection to the program prior to his hiring. I head some Tide fans complaining about that. How do you feel now Tide fans? Everything okay?

Michigan....you listening?????

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mf78euM4vL1qjnjsno1_500.jpg

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Michigan hasn't tried. Before they started you would have thought that Rich Rodriguez and Brade Hoke were great hires.

Y

Yapp14

It's not like Michigan hasn't tried. Before they started you would have thought that Rich Rodriguez and Brade Hoke were great hires.
While it did not work out for RR, I still believe he is a fantastic coach. He was never really embraced by the UM community because he was perceived as an outsider. Granted, he brought some baggage with him and he didn't help his own cause.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles needed to be hired in 2008. End of story. This all would have been vastly different and there's no way we're the tire fire we are now.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles needed to be hired in 2008. End of story. This all would have been vastly different and there's no way we're the tire fire we are now.

I think all of college football was shocked about that. Figured it was a given and perfect fit.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of college football was shocked about that. Figured it was a given and perfect fit.

As I said in the other thread, the worst thing is knowing that Miles has gone on record saying, "I would never say no to Michigan". The fact that we've had two ADs pass and ended up the tire fire that we are now makes me incredibly angry.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke will be gone. Embarrassing losses to ND and Minnesota added with a less than stellar win-loss record have taken care of that.

I found nothing embarrassing about the ND loss. :heh:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the other thread, the worst thing is knowing that Miles has gone on record saying, "I would never say no to Michigan". The fact that we've had two ADs pass and ended up the tire fire that we are now makes me incredibly angry.

Les wouldn't say no.

Mrs. Madhatter has, and will.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know Miles said that. This seems like the perfect time to make a move for him. LSU is in no way a bad team but with the loss already this year and the big game yet to play I do not see them ending the season with 1 loss.
My real question is, does Michigan want him? He has had some integrity questions. However Meyer did also and has done well IMO at tOSU since being away from the SEC and maybe Miles would do the same.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les wouldn't say no.

Mrs. Madhatter has, and will.

No, we just continue to have AD's in power who do not offer him for various other, internet rumored, reasons.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rich Rod was by all definitions a good hire it just went disastrous but the guy had a fantastic resume and could have had the Alabama job if their fans hadn't made racist photo shopped pictures with him wearing a houndstooth sombrero and scared his wife off. This is one case of the 85% actually helping the school so go figure.

Brady Hoke never made any sense to me nor the hire of Al Borges I don't see anyway these guys could ever be successful at this level.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But didn't Miles turn down a job in ann arbor before they settled on Hoke? For some reason I thought Miles was already offered that job once.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But didn't Miles turn down a job in ann arbor before they settled on Hoke? For some reason I thought Miles was already offered that job once.

LSU panicked and gave him an extension and a raise which was crazy he wasn't going anywhere.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New Book: Les Miles 'Would Never Say No To Michigan,' But Michigan Men Said No To Him | ThePostGame
Miles tells the Michigan president he "would never say no to Michigan," but insists he can't jump from LSU until after the Tigers' upcoming bowl game. If Michigan waits and asks in January, Miles says, "I will be your coach."

We did not wait to hire him. No one has ever officially offered him the job. This is also the information that lead herbstreit to declare he would be our coach. Which would have been true, had we offered him -- which was assumed but never happened.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Book: Les Miles 'Would Never Say No To Michigan,' But Michigan Men Said No To Him | ThePostGame
Miles tells the Michigan president he "would never say no to Michigan," but insists he can't jump from LSU until after the Tigers' upcoming bowl game. If Michigan waits and asks in January, Miles says, "I will be your coach."

We did not wait to hire him. No one has ever officially offered him the job. This is also the information that lead herbstreit to declare he would be our coach. Which would have been true, had we offered him -- which was assumed but never happened.

So you guys never tried to get him before Hoke? My bad, I thought they went after Miles.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys never tried to get him before Hoke? My bad, I thought they went after Miles.

There are/were soooo many rumors that say he was offered the job not only once, but possibly twice. Nobody seems to really know for sure outside of the obvious parties.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, at this moment in time Miles to Michigan seems like a demotion for Miles. But, they might can make it rain enough to offset that.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, at this moment in time Miles to Michigan seems like a demotion for Miles. But, they might can make it rain enough to offset that.

In some cases I don't think it matters. I think Miles has emotional ties to the program which will override anything he has at LSU. Not to mention....we'll make it rain.