• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Timberwoves @ Lakers

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH, Russell 4 pts, Okafor 26. Any thoughts guys?

Not surprised. Everyone knew Okafor was NBA ready right away and would get his. Everyone knew Russell was going to take some time.

Both teams lost. Philly got destroyed.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH, Russell 4 pts, Okafor 26. Any thoughts guys?

yep

didn't like the pick and still don't.

I understand the Lakers needing a PG to keep up with the rest of the leagues PG's, but when you draft a guy that can't defend, then what's the point?

the kid looks light years away from contributing significantly to this team while Okafor was ready NOW! ( not 3 years from now ).

perfect example we saw last night with Rubio. he was just as young and look how long it has taken him. the Lakers didn't need to waste the #2 pick on a 3 year "project" that may or may not turn out.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron needs to do a better coaching as it was already pointed out. As good as the second unit played in the first half, they were equally as awful in the second. Byron said afterwards that he felt that the team stopped playing from late in the third. Well, get them to play. You're the head coach. That lineup wasn't working. Call a timeout. Make a substitution.

Asking Byron Scott to be better at coaching is like asking snowman not to melt in the sun. Told you guys when he was hired, he's not a good coach. He's just a dude that's filling a seat. Expect Thibs or Brooks in the seat sometime within a year.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep

I understand the Lakers needing a PG to keep up with the rest of the leagues PG's, but when you draft a guy that can't defend, then what's the point?

the kid looks light years away from contributing significantly to this team while Okafor was ready NOW! ( not 3 years from now ).

perfect example we saw last night with Rubio. he was just as young and look how long it has taken him. the Lakers didn't need to waste the #2 pick on a 3 year "project" that may or may not turn out.

I agree with you. But it is too late now. I hope Russell turns out to be special.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking Byron Scott to be better at coaching is like asking snowman not to melt in the sun. Told you guys when he was hired, he's not a good coach. He's just a dude that's filling a seat. Expect Thibs or Brooks in the seat sometime within a year.

I can certainly see Thibs being the coach next season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep

They have time for Russell to develop. They are rebuilding. Byron's offense may stunt his growth though. At least we'll see the ball more in his hands tonight instead of him standing in the corner doing nothing. Let him run pick-and-rolls already. He had some nice possessions in the first game doing such.