• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Timberwoves @ Lakers

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you later CL!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves catching some momentum.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite London, but England yes!
I caught a Rams game onthe computer in London once. I remember streaming it in the early evening.

Do you live there in England or are you there for work or something?

I'm guessing you're a transplant of some sorts.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe just called a timeout on Randle's first game-winner. :L

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Lakers choke away a 4th quarter lead and the game.

I thought baskets were worth 2 or 3 points each. They must've changed the scoring cause Kobe had 24 shots and only had 24 points. :scratch:

Nice to know some things ( in this case- the Mamba ) never change. The guy is determined to go out chucking regardless of the results.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was horribly coached going down the stretch. Players in the second unit jacking up 3s early in the clock letting the wolves get back into the game. One on one basketball all over the place in the 4th. Where was all the good passing? Ryan Kelly in the game way too long. He was not contributing anything at all. A lot of standing around on offense. How about some damn movement by players without the ball. When the lead was evaporating how about a TO to get peoples attention. Wake up! Play defense and move the ball on offense! Also so many seconds were wasted waiting for Kobe to call a TO while Randle was dribbling up the court. He missed his shot and the other team got the rebound for all those who were mad at Kobe for calling that TO. He drew 2 people on him and one rotated to get the rebound while every other Laker was at the 3 point line. Draw up a real play please.

On that last play, Williams needed to throw a lob to Randle. He was wide open and Williams was triple teamed. But that whole play was doomed to fail. Just running from a hand off towards the lane getting 3 people on you and someone who doesn't pass with the ball made the defensive choices easy for young rim protectors.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was horribly coached going down the stretch. Players in the second unit jacking up 3s early in the clock letting the wolves get back into the game. One on one basketball all over the place in the 4th. Where was all the good passing? Ryan Kelly in the game way too long. He was not contributing anything at all. A lot of standing around on offense. How about some damn movement by players without the ball. When the lead was evaporating how about a TO to get peoples attention. Wake up! Play defense and move the ball on offense! Also so many seconds were wasted waiting for Kobe to call a TO while Randle was dribbling up the court. He missed his shot and the other team got the rebound for all those who were mad at Kobe for calling that TO. He drew 2 people on him and one rotated to get the rebound while every other Laker was at the 3 point line. Draw up a real play please.

On that last play, Williams needed to throw a lob to Randle. He was wide open and Williams was triple teamed. But that whole play was doomed to fail. Just running from a hand off towards the lane getting 3 people on you and someone who doesn't pass with the ball made the defensive choices easy for young rim protectors.

Well said... I was coming in to say the same thing... Wtf Byron...? If you're going to let somebody shoot no matter what at least let Kobe do it... 20 years in and he's starting with basically 2 rookies and a second year guy, let him fuckin have the shot he's earned it... Went from sugar to shit...

And the positive side... Clarkson is a fuckin man! I like what Hibbert is bringing, we need a backup C bad... I think it's time to move on from Kelly, Bass is a better player and Kelly might be more valuable at this point... I really wish we could get psycho T or Verajoa to come off the bench with Young and Williams we don't need another shooter because they won't pass... I like Brazil, he'll make sure the hot one gets it but I'd like him to be a little more patient and not just give either guy the ball until he's ready for them to shot because they are both locked and loaded... I really like Julius' strength, but he needs that jumper... Really this being his first year there's a lot to like there... Kobe. He needs a perimeter player who will draw the better defender... He's all skill at this point... He can't just big boy people anymore so vs the best defenders he's in trouble... He looks a lot like Wizards Jordan which means he'll put up numbers and vs lesser defenders he might look real good, but he's lost 2 steps at this point... Interesting to see what he does at seasons end... That's all I got... Oh and that sucked... :tsk:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly all the Martin free throws were ridiculous!

That ref crew got worked.

Then ignoring the Captain in an obvious TO scenario at the end of the game.

Yes the Lakers played like shit in the second half, but the Wolves got all the love down the stretch.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is going to need a long time to grow. His defense was as bad as advertised.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is going to need a long time to grow. His defense was as bad as advertised.

Yeah, he's only 19. Most "experts" are saying that it will take 2-3 years before we see how good he'll be. Lakers went through the same thing when Kobe was a rookie.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some thoughts:

Russell is going to take some time. He looked a bit like a deer in headlights. Some of that is inexperience. Some of that is the offense. He made some good plays running pick-and-roll, but only had a few opportunities to do such. He was practically non-existent during the first quarter. They were a few times where he couldn't separate from Rubio to receive a pass at the top of the key. That was frustrating to watch. Eventually he'll get comfortable and increase the aggressiveness.

Randle is a beast but has a couple big holes in his game, namely finishing with the right hand and knocking down jumpers. It will come. He's a hard worker. He has got to start trying to use his right hand though. The defense kept giving him the right side to drive knowing he's weak at finishing there. And it worked. Randle was getting to the basket with ease, but just couldn't finish. I definitely love his aggression and attitude. He isn't going to back down to anyone.

I was hoping Kobe would be more selective with his shots, but after 19 seasons, he still is what he is.

Byron needs to do a better coaching as it was already pointed out. As good as the second unit played in the first half, they were equally as awful in the second. Byron said afterwards that he felt that the team stopped playing from late in the third. Well, get them to play. You're the head coach. That lineup wasn't working. Call a timeout. Make a substitution.

I don't think the second unit frontcourt of Kelly and Bass lasts much longer. I would play Black at the 5 and Bass at the 4. With Lou and Nick, and to a lesser degree Huertas, you have players who can hit the outside shot. I don't think you need a stretch-4 in the lineup. I'd rather see a center in there who will be get rebounds and play defense.

Finally, who knew Rubio would turn into the GOAT :noidea:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that last play was fine. Lou had a very good look. He'll make that more often than not.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take from last night's game......

1-Kobe took too many 3's....He was 5 of 11 on his 2's but a horrid 3 of 13 on 3's. That needs to stop.

2-Randle looked good.

3-Hibbert was 10 of 10 on FT's, had 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks. He looked like he's ready to make Indy pay for letting him go.

4-Williams was awesome and may end up starting very soon. Maybe bring Russ off the bench for this season and start him next season?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't fault him for calling the timeout but if Byron wanted to draw up a play then he would have called timeout himself? And even if Randle didn't make it, he still drew the foul.

1-Kobe took too many 3's....He was 5 of 11 on his 2's but a horrid 3 of 13 on 3's. That needs to stop.

2-Randle looked good.

3-Hibbert was 10 of 10 on FT's, had 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks. He looked like he's ready to make Indy pay for letting him go.

4-Williams was awesome and may end up starting very soon. Maybe bring Russ off the bench for this season and start him next season?

Not a bad idea, that would help Russell a lot I think, instead of worrying about who to feed he'll be in a more comfortable space. The Lakers played horribly in the 4th quarter, Kobe saw everyone playing 1 on 1 and chucking up shots and his remedy was to play 1 on 1 and chuck as well?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench is much stronger this year with Lou. Russell may need to come off the bench. He is not ready for starting in the NBA. I hope to see glimpses of why he was such a high pick in the near future

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2-Randle looked good.

Agreed on Kobe jacking up to many 3's.

Reactions: DJ